28 coaches online • Server time: 13:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lord_real

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate all sports. Soccer, hockey, everything.
Just trash them all and play blood bowl instead. Smile
Blood bowl olympics Very Happy
That would actually be interesting. Smile
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh.... LordChaos..... we have a team in Winnipeg, just not an NHL one..... I go to every Bombers home game and have a great time! I'll say it one last time.... VANCOUVER HAS NO SUN!!!! Seriously, it's the most depressing place on earth....

And I'm an equal opportunity sports hater... basketball is right up there for the same reason. I read an article or here a news item about how this or that team only has 14 losses so far this season... Do you know what that sounds like to a Football fan?!?!?!??!?

I like olympic hockey because wins and losses matter.

and, sorry Auzzies, in Canada, Field Hockey is a women's sport, it's like netball in Britain.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:

If you cannnot see the puck, may I suggest a better tv, or digital cable/satelite or a 52" HDTV like I have to watch sports, then you could almost see the sweat dripping from the players face.

I hate you
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Owein77 wrote:
Stunke wrote:
whats there NOT to like about canada?

Celine Dion. Am still waiting for an official apology from the Canadian government concerning her. Wink

agreed don't forget brian adams and alanis morisette though.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the swiss knocked off the czechs! Holy cow. Haske went down like a beaten house wife and Vokoun sharted himself in net!

Sweden also loses to the russians!! Well looks like its time for Darkwolf's new predeictions

Gold- Canada, eh
Silver- Russia
Bronze- Slovakia

Slovakia is my darkhorse(wolf) pick! Good nhl'ers and they take advantage of sweden and the czechs!

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, Sweden!!! Cheer up, your women's team is guaranteed at least Silver! (ok, they really aren't getting gold, but, nothing to cry about)

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute, where's Finland in your predictions! Not that I would watch the Olympics, but just

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Finland is losing to Canada as we speak (Women's side), they can pick up a Bronze if they beat the U.S.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You were talking about womens hockey? Oh, I see.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

DW wasn't, I was. Have been for a while!

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

This is what happens when you don't bother to read the whole thread.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought about mentioning that you should, but figured it might seem rude Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2006 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you know, Mac, we're so past rude in our relationship. At least I am.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

lordchaos wrote:
Sweden lost cause of one thing.....NO MARCUS NASLUND! He's the best swede in hockey today and he didn't play cause of his commitment to a CANADIAN hockey team. Do the math. Even your best players love Canada more.
Just kiddin' around. That guy almost never played in the NHL again cause he wanted to go back home and raise his family in Sweden. He's a dedicated swede...it's just the Stanley Cup is more covetted than an Olympic medal.

Um, no one loves the 'nucks more than I do, but Sweden's best player is Forsberg, and he's going to play it spite of Phillies' wishes. Naslund isn't playing because he's been playing hurt for something like the last month, and needs the time to recuperate.

Oh, and these days, Naslund isn't even the Canucks best Swedish player.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
Well the swiss knocked off the czechs! Holy cow. Haske went down like a beaten house wife and Vokoun sharted himself in net!

Sweden also loses to the russians!! Well looks like its time for Darkwolf's new predeictions

Gold- Canada, eh
Silver- Russia
Bronze- Slovakia

Slovakia is my darkhorse(wolf) pick! Good nhl'ers and they take advantage of sweden and the czechs!

I think we need to see how Canada sizes up against a credible opponent before we order the bubbly there, DW.

And fellas, take it easy on Lordchaos. He's from Surrey, so it's really quite an accomplishment that he can read Smile .

*N.B.: Every city has an area that has the reputation for being a shithole, full of drug addicts, gangs, and hookers. Vancouver's is called Surrey. Lordchaos is from it.
 Jump to: