30 coaches online • Server time: 10:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

*cough cough*

Did i actually read someone recommending Farscape over Battlestar Galactica 2003 for an adult audience?

No? Good, didn´t think so.

Farscape is all good and fine but can in no way compete with Battlestar. I´m talking special effects, scenery, story, acting...the lot. I guess i´m just that big a fan of James Edward Olmos. Very Happy

M

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I need to see the final movie, but Farscape was a good show! The actress that played the blue alien was in Road Warrior!!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

loved it!
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting thing is, Farscape was an Australian Show, which just so happened to Flop here. Was lucky to make it past the first season, and it was only because it was a success elsewhere that it took off and continued. Unfortunately, this meant i never got to see all of it, but It's an awesome show Very Happy

Brad
fishgeekted

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Farscape, in my opinion, and if you look at the year it started, was totally groundbreaking and UNDERrated. Had great acting, stories, and fantastic Special effects. The aliens were TOP-notch. They got the boot from their filming studio when Attack of the clones began filming. I think they just never really recovered and the show was canned soon after. Of course audience participation didnt really help it either, the show never really caught on.

I loved the series and own all of them on DVD. Great series. I also love the new Battlestar Galactica ! They are both great and can not be compared, for they are TOTALLY different.
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I really love the series and I even just got back from a day of Farscape RPG, where i got the frell shot out of me by neberi, pks and even the scarrens. All ion good fun

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

One of my favorite series. It combines above average writing, good humor, romance, adult themes, science fiction, quality themes(and story arcs), with great acting(most importantly, bad acting develops. i.e. D'Argo kinda blows at first, by season two is good, in season four he blows Katsulas into the ground for expressiveness in huge prosthetics)
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing that has caught my eye now that I'm watching it all over again are the hands.

You know, the hands of the actors with the plastic heads and all that make up?

Like d'Argo, he has massive make up all over and he looks massive in all other aspects, but his fingers... He has piano player fingers, so sleek and soft looking.

And one of the Tavlek warrirors in the beginning, he has massive plastic head, but his hands are again bare.

Other than that, I think they did a great job with all those aliens, as some have pointed out already. And even the fact that one of the main characters is non-humanoid, i.e. Rygel, makes the show better.

Can't really compare it to BG, because I haven't seen it yet, but I wouldn't even want to. Farscape is # 1 for me.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I never really did like Farsacpae. But I couldn´t ever figure out why.
I saw the first season... And it was decent... But not decent enough to countinue watching.

But I couldn't figure out what I didnt like about it. Everything seemed fine... But something was missing...
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like Farscape, it's certainly one of the better scifi shows I've seen.
Garax

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think Farscape was the best sci-fi series I've ever watched.

The guy who played John was amazing, I've never been so convinced that someone is entirely insane.

Then Scorpius, he was awesome too. And that guy... Erm... The one who took over Talon. Can't remember his name. Also very good.

Generally I've never enjoyed a series that much, and I was highly dissappointed when it was cancelled.

I need to watch the Peacekeeper Wars, just haven't got round to it.
 Jump to: