64 coaches online • Server time: 19:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who do you think is the worst person?
Mahatma Gandhi
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Osama Bin Laden
6%
 6%  [ 14 ]
George Bush
26%
 26%  [ 56 ]
the devil
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
Adolf Hitler
23%
 23%  [ 50 ]
Macavity
23%
 23%  [ 51 ]
other (maybe you prefer, not to choose one of the suggested poll options)
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 215

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso wrote:
Jan Mattys?
I see your logic, but still not...
Stalin killed off 40 million (or so) russians. Would saying that Hitler is more evil than Stalin be an insult to 34 million russians?

And as for Bush... he is democratically elected, which just goes to prove that a people get the leader they deserve.

1- I didn't argue about Stalin. Some might even say Stalin was more evil than Hitler and I *could* see their points. My comment was referring to the fact that Bush was winning this poll (apart from Macavity, who's evil incarnate of course). No matter how much you hate Bush, you can't compare him to totalitaristic leaders like Hitler, Stalin, Pinochet and the like (please, dont argue about the "and the like" comment...)

2- I DIDN'T elect Bush, but his leadership extends to my surroundings. This is what I hate the most. Americans don't like him? Don't vote him. I don't like him? I'll stick with him. The best I can do is to convince americans he is bad... But this doens't seem to be easy, or enough Sad

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary_Gygax wrote:
Glimmervoid wrote:
list updated

Josef Stalin x 3
Mum
Margaret Thatcher
Jose Maria Aznar
Berlusconi
Spanish conquistadors

Come on Italians! Vote for Berlusca!!!

I thought that problem was that they did!

Oh I crack myself up... Rolling Eyes

Seriously - I'm amazed how western Europe's last dictator has managed to stay in power so long.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
Seriously - I'm amazed how western Europe's last dictator has managed to stay in power so long.

I got two words for ya:

Boobs.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
I got two words for ya:

Boobs.

I cannot help myself and keep staring at your words... Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Silly people, Americans didn't elect George Bush, the Canadians and the Aliens put him in place (Like they did with Schwartzennegger in California). The Canadians covet Mexico (because it is warm), so now they can mass troops and send them in through California (makes sense now huh, rolling blackouts.. HAH).

The Aliens, they did it for the chicks, of course!

edit:It is funny that Bush is on the list, but Saddam failed to make it.

Last edited by Meech on %b %21, %2006 - %19:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

C'mon people!!! Hitler is catching up with me again!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

3rd update

Josef Stalin x3
anyones Mum x 2 (Twinkywinkys, Nyns)
Margaret Thatcher
Jose Maria Aznar
Berlusconi
Spanish conquistadors
Paris Hilton
Pol Pot
Dr. Evil
Hulk Hogan

Jinxed... did you go for stalin or paris hilton?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's nice to see 7 of 12 people think the devil is worse than Ghandhi.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris..... you didn't vote for me!

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

arktoris wrote:
It's nice to see 7 of 12 people think the devil is worse than Ghandhi.

you didn't vote for the devil, did you?
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Im glad Bush is leading*hrhr* But Hitler has so far definitely proved he is worse but Bush has still time to draw or something
Stormbringer

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Gandhi: just a joke. He is kind of an ideal. But he was lucky to use his principles of non violent resistance against a society that thought themself a superior civilization by moral standards. Had the jews tried the same with the nazis the would have reached nothing.

the devil: the definition of evil for those who believe in the principle of absolute good/evil. My opinion: these principles may exist, but noone knows them, so the devil is reduced to god's counterpart. I don't know any religion whose god's message is identical with what I think to be good, so the devil cannot be totally evil after all.

macavity: well, who is this?

Hitler: for many things it's discussable if they are godd or evil. One is not: hatred. While I'm not a neo '68 peace&love guy, imho hatred is something that can only bear evil. And Hitler was driven by hatred up to a point where he lost sanity.
I voted for him, but I have to relativise this. The thing that makes Hitler really special wasn't the genocide of the Jews itself. There have been many genocides before and even some after 1945. It was the industrialization of the process that made it possible to kill 6 million within 2-3 years. I am sure there have been and are quite a few people who would've done similar things if they simply had the possibility to do so.

Bin Laden could be such a person, but I find it hard to render a final judgement at a point where we don't really know much about Bin Laden apart form what the US mass media is telling us.

Georg W. Bush is more walking in Stalin's footsteps though when it comes to analyzing the reason for his actions. Stalin actions had a goal, which he eventually reached, and he was unscrupulous enough to sacrifice millions for this goal. While Hitler killed the Jews for the simple sake of killing them, Stalin killed millions to restructure and industrialize the Soviet Union. While Bush to me is cleary far more scrupulous, he also is willing to sacrifice lives by the thousands for what he thinks to be the right cause - democracy and free markets. And while you can discuss the good and bad in these goals, the principle that human lives can be sacrificed at will for me is definitely evil. You may call Bush a lesser evil compared to Stalin, but he ain't one of the good guys imho.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Bea Arthur. Pure evil.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Stormbringer wrote:

/me cries myself to sleep

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:

/me cries myself to sleep

right, i explained to answer questions about the people in the poll, but i would prefer if macavity answers this for himself
 Jump to: