82 coaches online • Server time: 20:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should I cook:
Fish and salad. She's a lady.
23%
 23%  [ 17 ]
Steak and Potato's. You're a man dammit.
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
That thing you do with Pork Chops, 'cos that rocks.
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Fancy Italian delivery pizza, with fresh natural ingredients.
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
Stodgy American delivery pizza. Cheap, and from my partners homeland.
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Pie. The winner, no doubt.
34%
 34%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 72

PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's my turn to cook tonight and i can't decide what to cook. It should be a meal i am capable of preparing. My wife is pretty traditional and loves the whole 'fish and rabbit food' female approach. Im more of a meat and potato's sort of guy. Though i am also very very partial to pork. Also we both like pizza, but the cost deters me as we have a child to raise.
i would appreciate your input as im too lazy to take simple decisions.
Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Pork Chops, cuz I had steak and pizza yesterday.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy a frozen pizza, some rucola, some mozzarella and some tomatoes and prepare the pizza with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes and put the rucola on top before serving ... looks stylish enough and shouldn't burn the budget.
Fabrizio

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Pork chops rock! Booya.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here it goes. Chicken.

Put some Mexican style spices in some flour, dip chicken breasts in it and Flash fry them (outsides white), then stick them in a casserole in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 Farenheit. Cut the fastest one open to check that it's cooked. If it's a tiny bit pink in the middle, that's ok. Then pour Salsa liberally over the breasts, and shredded chees on top of that. Stick it back in for another 5 minutes, and then serve over rice. Tasty, fancy, and really takes no time or skill. Serve with a vegetable or salad as well to impress the wife!

Last edited by Macavity on %b %28, %2006 - %18:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Plorg

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Pork Chops and Pie.
or...
Pork Pot Pie!
Angie

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Grilled pork chops topped with baking apple and covered in melted cheese, serve with new potatoes and side salad.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, Macavity said Breasts!

(Yes I did have to)

Last edited by Meech on %b %28, %2006 - %18:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Mac, I'm a fried chicken fan, really i am. And chicken in general is lovely. But the wife is a southern belle. A texas lass, and frying chicken in our house is her perogative. She doesn't mess with lamb. I don't fry chicken. There are rules.

Also in our house Salsa= Pace. Which we usually have to import. So I don't mess with that.

The best tex mex cooking you can find in england happens at my house.
Though a good second best is 'The Texas Embassy' (quite near the site of the actual Texas embassy as was) just off Trafalgar Square.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %28, %2006 - %18:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Repeatedly! It's the compromise food of choice, and in-expensive! PC, it's NOT frying, that's just to keep the juice in. It's baking, and it WILL please all ages! It's my official meal!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Meat and two vegies Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Get some sushi...tasty easy and very female friendly...mmmm salmon *yummy*
Fool

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If you really want something that will impress her, but not hurt the wallet, I'd go with microwavable Corn Dogs with Grey Poupon mustard. A classic... she'll love you for it.
IRSWalker

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

White fish, cooked in milk, add flour to the milk to make a white fishy sauce, stick in some chopped onions and herbs, break up the fish into flakes and mix with the sauce. Boil and mash some potatoes, spread them on top of the fish in a ovenproof dish, brown it under the grill. Serve with salad or veg.

All the wife-pleaseing goodness of fish, with all the man-pleasing fillingness of potatoes. Plus, you can call it a fish PIE, so all bases covered.

And the Texas Embassy is one of my fave places, especially their frozen margeritas! Is it still there?
ruoste

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2006 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats that BS about ordering a pizza from delivery, you will have to make it yourself!
Cost effective and you'll win her heart... (uhh, maybe thats done already but get the point.) Pizza is so easy to make yourself and cheap too since you can use every bit of fishfood & rabbit food you find from the fridge.
DIY > IGMEOY
 Jump to: