49 coaches online • Server time: 16:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Force

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering;

Maybe it yould be possible to introduce a new division:

A division where you could use a classic board as "the blood bowl client", and yet use fumbble for team management.

An example:

I go to my friends home, we play a game on the board, and upload the result to fumbbl. My next match could be online.

My reference is Diablo2. Where there is Open Battle,net and Closed Battle.net. While Closed is well closed, open allows you to play your character local and online.

Is this Idea new or has it already been discussed?
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

With people making up their own match results there is far too much scope for cheating

i don't really see the need for it anyway, nothing stopping you creating rosters with one of the many roster programs out and about and editing like that and you can still use it in the client
Force

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Its about NOT using the Java Bowl Client.

Imagine, if 2 fumbbler's live in the same city, and they want to play each other, they have to use JBB.

I'm suggesting the Board to play.

Regarding cheating:
that's ok, thats why its supposed to be a division of it's own.

I could think of a match result sheet you can fill out, instead of uploading the zip.

I don't know if I made myself clear - play board blood bowl, but take advantage of fumbble features like team management.

Basically importing & exporting teams to fumbble. I'm talking about tearing the wall down between online and offline teams. You could play a guy from your town today and some dude from alsaka tomorrow. Using JBB or the Board.
Delta

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Force, I don't see the need. I play games online with some friends that live within a few miles. If we want to play using our Fumbbl teams, we go online. Simple and no hassels.
Grumble: with regards to cheating, that can still happen online if the two coaches agree on the desired results.
Personally I am against match rigging of any type.
If you wanna play, then play to win. There is no middle ground.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Since I play in a real life league with most of the BB players in my area I see no need for this. I also play on fumbbl with them.

A specialized division like this will become just like the Open Battle.net you used in your (incomplete) example; a wasteland. Twinkers who don't want to go throught the hassle of building a team will hang in that division and upload their imagined results.

I don't think the admins here should have to police that, nor should we encourage that sort of behavior by opening up an avenue for people to do so.
 Jump to: