70 coaches online • Server time: 23:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post custom pitch per tea...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Close up on an Old guy!

Laughing

you obviously have this in your favourites now Wink
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, I'm giving running commentary to my m8s at work!

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i may not be playing, but im definatly going!

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think these other coaches that are going are at the same level as the top band of FUMBBL coaches? After all you get alot more games in playing online so im sure alot of the coaches taking part in that tourney wont be anywhere near the same skill level as some of us. Is anyone from here going?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

RagingGoblin wrote:
Do you think these other coaches that are going are at the same level as the top band of FUMBBL coaches? After all you get alot more games in playing online so im sure alot of the coaches taking part in that tourney wont be anywhere near the same skill level as some of us. Is anyone from here going?

some top players go to it who dont play on fumbbl, but play a good bit of PBEM, guys like Cris Scmidt, Tim Ibe etc are quality players and would easily make the top 10 on fumbbl, holding Cris (Sputnik) to a 1-1 draw was one of my favourite/luckiest matches ever Smile ask any german who knows or who has played him how good those two are.
Lucifer (plays here too) is one of the best players on FUMBBL and he might be playing, IMHO of course
Im playing in a 20 player PBEM lague, and im finding it tough going, i drew vs sputnik, but tough games coming up in future, gken, tim and others are in it!

there are also guys who dont play online BB at all, there is a guy in GW edinburgh, Jez Lowe, who is fantastic, was runner up at the first ever BB IIRC, then again, there are bad players too, but fumbbl also has their share of band and incompetant coaches too Wink
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

anyway, to use the mighty candlejack as an example, doesnt cherrypick and is a good player, plays in good spirit with plenty of experience, is ranked 45th on fumbbl, id put him higher as there are some big cherrypickers above him!

But in the NAF ratings (for tabletop) he is 50th whic is still good, but shows there are a lot of good coaches too, you cant go to a tourney and expect easy opposition!
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, looks like they quit for the day.....

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Well, looks like they quit for the day.....

keep us informed about any excitment during the day mac, and watch out for burglars as well Razz
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

your over 3000 posts by the way mac!

/cheer Laughing
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The tables are almost all set up!
There are real convention worker dudes, instead of construction!
They're running around like ants!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

RagingGoblin wrote:

Mostly the people who go play for the hell of it, and as a result are crap. This is shown in the fact I came 11th last year (cus I'm good sportsman apparently Rolling Eyes) As you climb the tables they get better, but generally fumbblers are much better imo. The top table players would probably make the fumbbl 20 if they were rank whores like the others.

Macavity

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

But could they beat my Flings? Oh, and Squig, do you know if I can buy one of the tables, because I really like the look! Are they oak?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I see BLood Bowl Boards!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So... do all nerds in the U.K. sport "I wish I was Gav Thorpe" style pony-tails?

Edit: I'm 80% sure that I will almost be able to identify the races being used on that nearest board. If anyone IS actually at this thing, wave to me!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

We have Chairs! (to compensate the fools stuck at the less fancy tables, I'm guessing.)