50 coaches online • Server time: 22:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Force

Post 9 Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

"Games must not be played in standalone mode as that will only produce one .zip file. So, don't play on the same computer against your friends or family."

Grrr! Is this here to stay?
Actually, I can't live with that. I want to use JBB to play against friends.
Can't be that you have to use 2 Computers to play JBB on a LAN just to be able to upload the results...

So question: can FUMBBL and or JBB be tweaked to accept games played in Standalone Mode? And while you're at it: Standalone shows only one Luck factor, would be nice if that was fixed someday as well.

ps. I really hope this changes. It will take away a lot of fun for me if I am limited to online opponents...
pps. Am I the only one who rather plays JBB with friends than on the board?
CptMofo

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a main reason to not allow uploads for stand alone is:
You can cheat soo much easier.
You can play yourself, let your fav team win and then upload to gain lots and lots of SPP.
If you play your friends, and not much online well sure you can't really get better teams but just imagine you and your friends play div Ladder instead, they never change either. =)

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

you can cheat one hell of a lot easier in standalone

and this is an online blood bowl league, so you can play other people from around the world, if you want to play your friends use the board

a lot of people on here don't have people near them to play the board game version, which is why we play on here anyway

i fly to other countries to play people using the board, if games workshop thought this program was affecting sales in a detrimental affect to playing people online rather than buying the board game (i believe its actually helped sales and gotten more people into the game you are a rare case), then their legal department would have us shut down and you wouldn't be able to play on here at all

playing on the board with proper miniatures is far more fun anyway
Force

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

One dude studies in a diffrent city for example; So we played on the board when he was back home, then discovered JBB and played via internet when he was away.

Quite soon we stopped playing on the board because JBB is superior and faster. Then we discovered fumbbl and found it the best way imaginable to organise Teams.

No longer converting from paper to html, forgetting to email the latest rosters and so on. Download from fumbbl, all you need to play is a online computer wherever you are.

Regarding cheating: I have 2 PC's so I could play myself running circles like Blibo Baggin's in my house... But playing on one screen is just so much mor like back in the old day's when joysticks were named "Competition Pro"...
Vesto

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If you like to play BB on 'standalone' mode with your friends, play the boardgame.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life.
Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out
death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
Force

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You cannot upload the results from a board game to fumbbl.

You would have Computer teams and Board teams then;
And you would have online and offline computer teams;

I for one lack the time to play that much. I only plan to play one team... or maybe two; But i definitely don't want play parallell on the board and on the pc - some teams local some online;

FUMBBL would be perfect if it had a way to keep track of results no matter what client/medium was used to play them. Board/Local/Hotseat/Online - no matter what.
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 14:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
FUMBBL would be perfect if it had a way to keep track of results no matter what client/medium was used to play them. Board/Local/Hotseat/Online - no matter what.

Well. This has never been the intention of FUMBBL. Allowing hotseat, and even moreso for tabletop games would result in a huge increase in cheaters. It would simply be too easy to forge results.

And naturally, this isn't something anyone wants.

Also, if you intend to play exlusively (or mostly) against the same group of people, you should play in DivT in order to not mess up the rankings system. It usually looks suspicious if someone plays 90% of his games against the same people and always wins.

-- Christer
Force

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

"... and always wins."

Very Happy

I fear that won't happen Wink
 Jump to: