34 coaches online • Server time: 00:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Force

Post 22 Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

"A team may not play twice in a row against the same opposing team."

As far as I know, the Living Rule Book says: "only twice (not more than two matches) in a row against the same team."

Isn't the FUMBBL "Open" Division supposed to follow the LRB to the fullest extent possible? I don't know but spontaniously I would suggest to play the way the LRB says... or why not?

If there is a problem with it (playing the same team twice in a row), and thats why its played diffrently on FUMBBL, I think this should be passed to the BBRC/Designers to consider it for their annual update of the rues. I'm pretty sure when that Line was written into the Rulebook nobody ever dreamed of FUMBBL or even the internet...

Can someone clarify the issue?
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

this is a FUMBBL rule to stop people constantly playing against the same team over and over

there really is no need for it anyway when you consider the sheer number of different coaches and teams that are on FUMBBL every day, I hardly ever play the same people (i do on occasion) and usually find someone I havn't played before, or someone i havn't played in a long time, there really is no reason to just keep on playing the same people over and over, you actually learn more from playing a wider range of people anyway
Force

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

We play diffrently Grumble...
I don't intend to play a lot of people that I don't know (yet) just to play the game. (I will, but not massively)

I tied to talk some people i know since ages from Starcraft into Blood Bowl for example. Or I meet a friend of mine online, and we play. With this rule we are limited to one match which is about one hour. Two matches would be a better compromise, after all a rematch should be allowed. I find it unsadisfing to have lost by a point and cannot get a regame!

Well ok this can be avoided by playing two teams and switch all the time...
But I would like to see the original LRB "2 Matches" rule apply...
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing to note, is that you are not allowed to have a team in the open division that plays almost exclusivly amoung a smalll group of friends. If this is how you and your friends intend to play, you will need to move the teams involved to the tournament division where rankings are not affected, or you may end up getting blocked from the site for a rules violation.

The Finishing Touch
Force

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr Klipp - you need at least 10 games just to be ranked, right?
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You need 10 games before your ranking displays. You are ranked from game one.

The Finishing Touch
CptMofo

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Oki just to get this clear. I'm at work and my brain aint fully operational.
Me and a friend of mine have a team each in Div T. Designed for a friend tournament, more friends will come as soon as they return to school/Work etc and gets I-net access once more. Does this one game rule apply to those teams aswell?
Teams not intended to play anywhere else but in just that group?

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2003 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The not more than one game in a row against the same team rule applies everywhere except to tournies which have scheduled players playing twice in a row, but this should not happen often.

The Finishing Touch
psikobunny

Post 21 Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The LRB also specifically talks about how the two games rule is in place to allow two friends to get together for a full session of play. Since FUMBBL allows instant access to a significant number of coaches, the rule is not needed. Basically what it boils down to is that you want to change a rule to suit your needs instead of crawling out of your shell an meeting the people here.

3 words: Get over it

The two big changes you've suggested so far (this one and standalone) seem designed to satisfy you and your friends, and defeat one of the main goals of FUMBBL, to let coaches from all over play. Please rethink that attitude, and think long and hard before you make any more suggestions like this.
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Buff. To play just with your friends what do you need fumbbl for? Just make up some rosters, use them from your local drive, update skills manually, cant be too hard.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, it was just last night I found this out. My friend wanted a rematch and I stayed up until 2 am to play it only to find that it didn't count. It probably said somewhere on this site, but who reads everything. I'm just happy his guy who died in the second game is back. (Though I could have used another win Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

err.. Hunter... that is stated in the rules, that u accepted... u should read those rules very carefully, mate..

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

candlejack you would be amazed the number of people who don't read the rules page before clicking on "i agree" think i will have to put "i will send Grumbledook £100" on there, I am sure i can get that to stand up in court
HunterX

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, i wasn't complaining. S'just that even if I did read it, it was months ago. AND I'm sure not the only one Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It plain sucks that you cannot play an instant rematch. I can see the point in limiting it to 2 games in a row, but one is to harsh.

Again, no regame is bad manner folks.

That fumbbl rule should better be adjusted to match LRB. It wouldn't hurt those who rahter play diffrent opponents, and improve the experience (fun) for those who want to play a rematch.

I met this guy "Legion" on FUMBBL and beat his dwarves by one goal, and I would really have liked to offer him a rematch. And there is a social aspect to this to, that I'm to lazy to explain.

As to the Standalone Issue, If you ain't got no friendy Psychobunny, not my fault. I have, and fortunately I have a LAN so I can play local fumbbl games.

Just doesn't make sense that you cannot use the Hotseat option because thats even more fun than with 2 PC's.

A new Aspect:
I would like to be able to play a best of 7 Series against one Team. Is this possible in any of the FUMBBL Divisions?
 Jump to: