55 coaches online • Server time: 23:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

No one ever said anything about no rematch, you just can't do it immediately.

Since you didn't understand my point the first time: The 2 game rule is designed to allow the minimum indivduals to play together for a full evening, that's all. There is no need to implement it here since there is always someone available to play. Go ahead and offer a rematch, if you want, but before you play it you go meet someone new, whats the problem with that? I have several "series" against coaches on fummbl. It is actually more interesting to play their team again a day or a week later, since it isn't nearly identical to the previous match.

You have no need to be mean and no need to go offtopic. You don't know me, so don't pretend to. Resorting to insults is the last way to get people to agree with you.

If you want to "defend" local games post in that thread some more.

Re: your attempt to change the topic: play in DivT
Golgomoth

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

any chance that you'll just stop whinging about a BB service that does so much for so many?

if you 'just want this done' or 'just want that done', set up your own online BB service and do what you like with it!

I'm sure in time, you'll find little bits of the LRB that aren't to your liking and change those just for the hell of it too.

Suffice to say, I'm more than happy with fumbbl Very Happy and inclined to agree with psikobunny - 'get over it' and expand your experiences by playing more varied opponents (unless of course you just like playing against those that you KNOW you can beat?)
Force

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a difference between anonymus online gaming and gaming with online friends. So the Idea of the "Full Evening's Play" applies here as well.

Its completely different to play a instant rematch or to meet again after one or more further matches. As I said before, it would not hurt since you mustn't play the same team twice. I just want to have the option to do so.
Fumbbl Open tries to match the LRB, so it should do so on this Issue or suggest it to be changed to the BBRC. So far nobody gave me an argument to tell me whats WRONG with a rematch. Exept Christer who mentioned technical reasons but IIRC his main point was as well that he does't like it this way;

Finally I will not buy this game if this rule doesn't get changed immidiately... Rolling Eyes
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Go buy 40k then.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
Go buy 40k then.

Is that one of your girl's games? Wink
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

In short, it's just not going to happen. There are a number of reasons, many of which have been expressed, but in the end it's not something that we feel is appropriate here.

The Finishing Touch
Zy-Nox

Post 6 Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Force wrote:
Zy-Nox wrote:
Go buy 40k then.

Is that one of your girl's games? Wink

No, we play *Censored* Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Force wrote:

Finally I will not buy this game if this rule doesn't get changed immidiately... Rolling Eyes

A) the board game has the rule you like so why not buy it?

B) fumbbl and JBB are FREE, nothing for you to buy.

C) technically you should own tabletop BB before you play here.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

don't forget it's the same team twice in a row, if you and yor friend have more than one team you can enjoy a few games together!

the purpose of the two game rule was to fit in with league play with a small league playing on the board. it means that two friends from the league can get together and play a couple of games for a full evenings play the nature of fumbbl is that you don't need to organise to meet people to play etc. so the purpose of the 2 game rule is not there. the same way illegal procedures are not there in the JAva Client. It's not needed

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Force wrote:

Sort of an empty threat to present here as all of us are sure to get $0.0 from it, wheather you decide to buy the game or not.

And as psykobunny already said, you are not allowed to use Java Blood Bowl client anyway unless you own the board version of the game.

But on another note, I wouldn't mind it either if the tournament division could basically allow anything, so that you could use it for any tournament you like to have (just use FUMBBL for skill rolls, keep rosters etc and keep the track of the tournament somewhere else manually).
 Jump to: