17 coaches online • Server time: 01:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Molt

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2003 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure somebody has mentioned this before, but at the moment the stat pages don't seem to distinguish which DIVISION a team is playing in.

For example, the performance of a Goblin Ladder team will be vastly different to that of a Goblin Open team - 3 special players and 2 trolls makes them far more hard effective. This makes all measure of performance for goblins is inaccurate. This applies to other races as well, eg Dwarfs and Elves are less potent due to their price, Gobs, Undead, and Halflings more so for the same reason.

<b>Only 2 pages need to be changed:</b>

Race

Results

In my opinon there needs to be drop down to select division on both these pages.

Other that that I think the stats section is great, i have just come over from OLBBL where there are no such pages, so what is here is already a vast improvement Cool

What do people think?
Ug

Post 14 Posted: Aug 06, 2003 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

At first I hesitated when I saw the topic, but Molt has a strong point.

I agree with Molt that such a change would make for some statiscially interesting pages Smile
Molt

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, after I had sent the post I realised I had sensationalised it a bit...

READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!
SCANDAL!!!
ONLY IN THE MAIL ON SUNDAY!!!

I don't really know who is in charge of the stats section of the site, but it can only involve adding "AND TEAM='teamname'" to the sql, and a select box to refresh the page with the values. If the a web master reads this I'm happy get my hands dirty and do the work for him/her myself.
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 00:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I guess it's me who's in charge of the stats...

I'm assuming you meant adding "and division='division'" to the sql..

The query is quite extensive and has a few special cases. I'll see if I can't add a division filter though.

-- Christer
 Jump to: