48 coaches online • Server time: 17:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
oeuftete

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2003 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

How about adding FF to the output from 'lfg'? (and maybe 'teams', too?) I probably care more about playing a team with a decent FF than a team that has dished out a few casualties...
Bretter

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2003 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't mind seeing the coaches rating. While I love to learn from the masters, I'd love to be able to quickly view if a coach is closer to my (in)experience. Although I'm sure there are a lot of stats that we would like...
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2003 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

lfg is about listing teams. I think it's cluttered enough as is, without adding more numbers.

If the coach info is that important, then go to their page.

Team FF might be acceptable, but as it is, I think there is enough spam from people who insist on listing all their teams at once when looking for games.
Beater

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2003 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmm, I lean towards Psiko here. Move Cas and add FF to the "teams" listing instead.
veron

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2003 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there is another solution, but it would require quite a lot of work from Christer (or someone else working with the BowlBot)... But I think it might be quite useful, so hear me out. Maybe the additional information could be asked with the "bb teams" command. For example, bb teams username -ff would also show teams' FF values. -cr could show coach rating etc. Though coach rating doesn't necessarily mean anything, as there are quite a lot of us who play all of their games unranked. Hence the switch -w (for win percentage) might be more useful.

Of course, you can get all this information from your browser, but BowlBot is faster and as you are sitting in IRC already... Why not. Well, I honestly don't know if it would be worth all the trouble, but if you have too much time on your hands one day, Chris... Wink
oeuftete

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2003 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate "I agree" posts, but since I started the thread...

I like Veron's idea a lot about adding a switch to the 'teams' command for FF. That would be perfect.
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2003 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

<aol> ME 2 </aol>
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2003 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Or, for that matter, just listing FF, Cas, and rating with the bb teams by default. Since it's not going out on the channel there isn't any worry about making too much clutter.

The Finishing Touch
slackman

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2003 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

what happened to the missing team names? i swear that used to be a feature on the teams command. but yeah, adding ff sounds like a good idea to add, but not the lfg command. ive been sick of seeing cas since it first started... and while we're at it, maybe the number of games played for each team. my 5 games tr150 elves dont want to play against a 20 games orc team of the same rating.

slackman42
Surre

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2003 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me who looks at the rooster before setting up a game? Then you see the FF, what I look for though is if the team has 5 PO-RSC players or not. But then I don't care about FF either. If I play a team with high FF I think, "great, lots of money", if I play a team with low FF i think "great, advantage in the game on kick offs".

Play the game and have fun!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2003 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The casuality record is absolutely superfluous IMHO and of almost no value (well, actually it has a statistical value, but the only casuality rates I pay attention to are those of my teams). It's simply horrible in chat, it was way better before. And the second last is really nuts: 2.43 or 2.47, c'mon, who cares?

STR sucks too. Look at this:

7 3 4 7 Block STR 95k (Woodie Lineelf)
6 3 4 7 Block STR 70k (Pro-Elf Lineelf)

MA+1 makes them more than 30% better?

Mummy with Block: 133k
Mummy with MA+1: 143k

I can't tell you how much I regretted taking MA+1 over Block. Would never do that again, certainly not in a league. A mummy with Block is actually far better than a mummy with MA+1, no doubt.

Why not just say STR equals TR minus mng's and cash?

And the rule that coaches are allowed to acquire players after agreeing on a match is absolutely insane. You advocate your team in chat and afterwards it's possibly an entirely different team? That's enforcing some kind of legalised cheating IMHO.
Surre

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2003 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I never met a player who bought or hired more players after the agreement of playing. If I did and I then felt like the team got too good I would have no problem telling my opponent that and never start the game. That they must understand and respect! It is kind of cheating otherwise, to sneak around and improve your team trying not to let your opponent know about it. Bad manner!

Last edited by Surre on %b %21, %2003 - %10:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
veron

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2003 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you Mirascael, but this is a "bit" off-topic... Maybe create own thread for those examples of yours, I'd have a few of my own I could post...
slackman

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2003 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i always look at team rosters before playing, if someone offers my 150 he team a game w/ tr150 orcs, for example. but more often than not, i look at the roster and they've had more than twice as many games played, and thus, everyone has more skills than my star player. this was a much bigger issue for me when i was on dial-up, simply because its so sloooow, and the fumbbl site itself is often rather laggy independant on your own personal connection. the whole idea of the lfg and teams commands are to save you time. what's wrong w/ wanting to save more by adding numbers you can use to prevent looking up teams you know you wont play against?

slackman42
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2003 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

so something like bb howmany PO/RSC players on team X =]

Jump to: