68 coaches online • Server time: 20:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Inscription JBL Sais...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you concerned about Global Warming?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 32 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 48

Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2006 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Polar bear burger with extra cheese?

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2006 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a decided lack of apathy on the subject , I figure things will work emselfs out .
Humans are pretty inventive , one of our better gened members will figure something out when the time comes .

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2006 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Some other things:
(1) The hole in the ozone layer has nothing to do with climate change.
(2) Something can shrink and yet grow. It is connected to the fact that local effects are not overall effects. A local growth can still exist in an overall reduction (or vice versa). It is better to think "as well ...and" instead of "either ... or".
(3)Care should be taken when using the terms "global warming" and "climate change". What would the USamericans think if you used "US Stupidity" and "America's different mindset" equivalently?
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2006 - 19:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i LOVE this thread. It reminds me of the similar 'Earth is 6000 yrs old thread'

The utter lunacy of people that will belive nonsense bad science without peer review and with funding from petrochecmical giants ofver peer reviewed independant acedemic research. Or will back the tiny tiny minority of gainsayers against the VAST majority of scientists never ceases to amaze me.

I really do wonder if they fear if they walk far enough they will fall off the edge of the world.

Grow up, get real and deal with reality. Or at least realise the rest of the planet lauhs at you, and up the joke count a bit.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2006 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
I have a decided lack of apathy on the subject , I figure things will work emselfs out .
Humans are pretty inventive , one of our better gened members will figure something out when the time comes .

Wouldn't this mean you have apathy for the topic but lack empathy ?
stoned-raider

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2006 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2006 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Daft wrote:
Keyoto is dead and will never pass the US congress. It simply would do damage to the US economy. Nothing similar to it will pass either. Memo to Europe, in general, America does not care what you want us to do about the environment. Shoot, most of us don't care what you want us to do on any issue.

In the realm of environmentalism, go speak to China, India, and Brazil. Maybe international pressure in this area can be as effective as UN preassure has been in the struggle to promote human rights.

LOL. And some americans still wonder why the rest of the world sometimes look at them funnily. Go figure.

But Daft is right about one thing though, this is a subject where we arent likely to change anyones mind. But why should that stop us from arguing though.
 Jump to: