23 coaches online • Server time: 01:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Apojar

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2006 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE playing BB on the site. I think this is just the coolest thing since sliced bread. However, if you've played me recently, I've been the unfortunate one who seems to CONSTANTLY disconnect from both his IRC and occasionally, the game itself. Reloading 90% of the time works, but it just gets frustrating to me, not to mention my opponent.
I've had a discussion or two with some folks in the tech dep't. of my ISP. (I'm not terribly computer savvy.) I thought that I would see what the travel path of my connection would be, so I did the following:

Brought up MS-DOS, and pinged a few different IP's. All came back between 10 and 130 milliseconds.

BUT: when I did a tracert on what I believe is the IP of the Fumbbl server, I am always getting hops that time out. It appears that the timing-out hops are after the point where it leaves my ISP's network. Any ideas out there on how I can test my theory? I disabled the Windows firewall when I connected to the IRC channel and to FUMBBL, but that showed no difference in the amount of disconnects I receive. (especially from IRC). Could another firewall that I have somewhere be the culprit, or maybe I need something updated perhaps?

Any ideas you could share would be welcome. As I said, I'm not terribly computer-literate, but I'm willing to listen to anything. I just can't stop playing on the site, but just get very frustrated when I have to connect 4 or 5 times inside of ten minutes just to find out what the proxy of an upcoming game is.

Thank you very much.
Apojar
MattDFan

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2006 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I find playing no proxy has less disconnections
 Jump to: