24 coaches online • Server time: 09:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jacruth

Post   Posted: May 11, 2024 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to propose a couple of ideas. I thought about it because I'm a learning player and I'm trying to train my agility by playing matches in Fumbbl.

So I have two ideas:
- The first one is to display in the match result not only the end time (game upload), but also the start time and therefore the difference (match duration).
- The second idea would be that there should be a kind of average in the profile and/or the possibility of viewing it on a graph.

In the end, what I'm thinking is to compare my agility with other players to find out if my problem is with the strategy (Fummbl) or else with board sequences (do I roll dice in slow motion? am I too relaxed when I play on tabletop?).

I know I could time myself, but it would be nice to see some sort of metrics to consider training focused on a specific area or thing.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 11, 2024 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Just try to stay under 4 minutes per turn and join the 145!

Post 14 Posted: May 11, 2024 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that is important to have the possibility to analyze as much stat possible for learning purpose. I am a devourer-enthusiast of statistics because i think that a correct post-match stats analysis can tell you many things (expecially if you lose games thinking you are unfortunate, or that the GW designers are crap that they deserve cancer for designing such a lousy game- really there are some coach who really thinks these awfuls things...) where very often it is our brain that has a tendency to magnify the negative episodes and reduce the impact of the many positive episodes

So in a game where dice is rolled so many times the more stats available are the more people will realize their mistakes and can correct or try to correct avoiding blaming the Nuffle.

So get the info even on the average turn time for me is an interesting stats because can tell you that if you take too much time each and every turn probably or your opponent is very very strong putting you in trouble, or you have to think too much as you miss a strategic view and concentrate yourself only on the tactical view of the single turn.

And in general time-management in Fumbbl is critical because on the contrary vs Tabletop there is the timeout button which many players use without mercy and without any warning

But here as usual I am digressing and returning to the subject of the proposal, I dont think is too complicate to record the starting time in the stats. There is not a specific section in Fumbbl to propose improvements so you did well to write in the forum, what you can also do is to post your proposal here https://fumbbl.com/p/bugs indicating is not a bug but is a "proposed idea for next release": Then our great fumbbl developers will check if in the next revision if this can be added in the stat page (and you always have to remember, if you can, to give to the site some donation because here all software developers work pro bono.... )

ciao!

Post   Posted: May 11, 2024 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

What would it take to create additional stats pages to link to from where the dice stats and replay link are found? Like, would someone outside the FUMBBL system be able to design the lion's share of it? I've been thinking about this: there's a lot of really cool stuff that could probably be drawn out of FUMBBL stats but is not.

Player turns is interesting, and stuns can be derived from published stats, but it would be nice to know how many times a player doesn't act but could, to avoid negatraits or because they're already properly positioned. It would also be interesting to track whether the forgone action was from prone, and it would be even more awesome if these stats differentiated turnovers from turns where the coach hit the button. Along the same lines, "lost" and "forgone" actions in the aggregate would be pretty interesting, but probably misleading because if you're losing the drive you might sunbathe but for a desparate play that might turn over.

It would be nice to note how often a coach jumps and rushes. D6 rolls are tracked, but not source. Also, it would be really nice to track dice that can't turn over or knock down separately from dice that can: a 1 on a Dauntless roll and a 1 on a pickup are two totally different animals, but a 1 on a pickup has a lot in common with a 1 on a pass, as do a 1 on Dauntless as opposed to Jump Up or Bonehead.

I agree about total time, but time per turn might be more informative. When are you taking too long, not just how much too long are you taking? Against whom are you taking too long? Are your games going even longer because your opponents take too long against you? Are your shorter games shorter because you agonized less, or are they shorter because you rolled badly? Like a per-turn analysis that was more in-depth than just damage, scores, turnovers, but included player states, action types, sequence....

But I don't know how to make any of that happen lol. It's all a pipe dream.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2024 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait how do you derive stuns? Thats something im very interested in.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 11, 2024 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Wait how do you derive stuns? Thats something im very interested in.
breaks that aren't accompanied by KOs. AV rolls are tracked, as are removals. But even then, it's not at all perfect because of intrateam AV variance, Thick Skull, and damage skills.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2024 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

As nice as statistics are at all for example in sports, as easy they can get you wrong in games like blood bowl.
Some more stats would be nice, sure. But a lot of the examples named can be misleading. You can't judge a BB match by stats at all - you need the replay to really 'read match'.

Turnovers and the time they happen do have a lot of influence there. Kick off events and the situation when they trigger can have a reasonable impact. Outnumbered a lot - a huge impact! (doesn't happen for the most real life sports)
...and so on.
Coach skills, the different profiles of the teams and the resulting pairings also produce very different statistics.

The best way to get/keep an insight is the replay - don't rely on statistics in environment changing dice games.
 Jump to: