72 coaches online • Server time: 20:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this was a thread about the Brettonian team. Is there really a point in being obnoxious and rude to the people streaming BB2? It's not like there is a brick wall built around either site. We're playing the same game, there is no Us vs Them.

If you're not careful I'll start streaming Fumbbl games!

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I probably won't be able to stick around to watch and call him on his bullshit but my boyfriend will be streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/marcus_garvey6132 at some point(maybe extremely soon if he doesn't get cold feet) if anyone cares, he's probably "ok" at the game now that I told him how the game mechanics actually work and he's self loathing enough to actually listen to advice from strangers!

He seriously went to the store to buy a microphone and moved the computer from the living room to a bedroom specifically to do this, it's kinda cute and disgusting and disturbing all at the same time. I was originally going to see if I couldn't stream myself, but they don't even have pro elves in the starting rosters! Or vampires!
straume

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

But again, if you can't take the heat stay the hell out of the kitchen. I'm not apologizing for anything I've said here. It's all true. I'm not bashing anyone in their stream or on steam, or at cyanide, because what would be the point of that?

You find some of this commentary offensive? Tough. It's also 100% true.

Well, I wouldn`t say offensive, exactly. It is just that I feel you make us (as in: Fumbbl) look bad. And that I dislike. That is all.

If you can`t understand why an OP asking advice on playing Brets turns into a thread where clearly a top player (looking at your record) making fun of bad players online in BB2 is a bad thing, then fair enough.

I am simply stating my opinion in that I find it a bad thing, and that it makes Fumbbl look bad/unfriendly/elitist.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone confirm if the deathroller is 40k cheaper or not. I read that somewhere, seems like a pretty huge buff if true?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Can anyone confirm if the deathroller is 40k cheaper or not. I read that somewhere, seems like a pretty huge buff if true?

It's not cheaper but it is hugely buffed. There is a stadium upgrade which grants both teams a bribe every game...

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

...and didn't I hear that you can pile on fouls?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Garion wrote:

It's not cheaper but it is hugely buffed. There is a stadium upgrade which grants both teams a bribe every game...

and that doesn't add to your TV?

also did they remove decay from khemri?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the stadium upgrades don't add to your TV. There is also one which gives both teams a Wiz heh.
Khemri aren't in yet but I have a hunch they will lose decay and be av8 with BT.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I believe the stadium upgrades don't add to your TV. There is also one which gives both teams a Wiz heh.
Khemri aren't in yet but I have a hunch they will lose decay and be av8 with BT.

sigh they are destroying this game, losing decay yes, but av8 BT is just stupid, it completely destroys the character of the team, ag5 doding for TGs ffs.... is plasmoid working for them or something, because they seem to be copying a number of his worst ideas.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he is pleading innocence.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It's officially released now, isn't it? You can ask him directly. (or from that you can probably guess).
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely this thread is just a massive troll?

Smile

Oscar Wilde
tussock

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10692594

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Flashmax,
in case you're still reading:
I'm the culprit who created the team, with the feedback from a lot of people, most notably Italian coach Rolex.
I'm glad they appeal.

I play them currently in a scheduled League, meaning I do not trim Team Value as hard as some of the esteemed gentlemen on here. If you're headed into open play, you have to consider how much value you're gaining from skilling up - even though I wouldn't be quite as ascetic as these Guys.

Linemen take Classic linemen skills. Don't worry about the 3rd skill. They're unlikely to get there. Block is a nice go to skill. You might consider wrestle instead (see below).

Blockers/Yeomen should probably take Guard, even though it doesn't Work too well with Wrestle. Guard combos well with Stand Firm.
Mighty Blow is also a very nice skill.
And Tackle is very nice on someone who already has wrestle.

Alternatively, Wrestle goes well with Grab, for getting opposing players out of the way. And for setting up surfs (with Frenzy Blitzers) as another way of getting opposing players off the pitch. And with wrestle they can even do a fairly reasonable 2-dice-against Blocks, for some surprising surf-opportunities.

Some way down the list is fend, which is only really interesting if you're gonna spam it. And you just might, seeing the skill access of the Blitzers. Fend (and Wrestle) is a nice counter to (C)POMB, and adds some mobility. Coach Niebling (of some FUMBBL renown) is an Expert at using Fend ruin the opponents plan.

On my own team, I've rolled an AG+ for a yeoman/Blocker. I use him as a ball fetcher, and I'll be giving him either Strong Arm or Sure Hands next, allowing me to use all my blitzers for offensive duties.

Finally, the blitzers.
Their skill access cuts them off from the 2 power-categories (AG and ST).
That said, their statline/skills complement most of the general skills, if you want to try out something new.

For blitzing, someone with frenzy is a very nice thing to have. Tackle is also useful.
Also, even in this TV-cutting crowd, leader is good value.

Other than that, you need to decide what you want your blitzers to do.
If you want one, you can develop a dedicated thrower.
Nerves of Steel is also a nice skill for a player with Catch.
If you want to go that way, then a developed dump-off blitzer is a good way to protect the ball. It combos well with wrestle on the linemen - i.e. sometimes your defense goes down, but dump-off can still protect the ball.

As mentioned, another possible theme is to spam fend.

And personally, I'm quite partial to Pro. Yes, I know what kind of a response that will get me here.

On my own, still quite young team, my 4 blitzers have:
1. Tackle
2. nothing. Used to have leader, but died while my apothecary was taking a nap Razz
3. ST? and Frenzy
4. Dodge and Pro.

Cheers
Martin
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2015 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

sigh they are destroying this game, losing decay yes, but av8 BT is just stupid, it completely destroys the character of the team, ag5 doding for TGs ffs.... is plasmoid working for them or something, because they seem to be copying a number of his worst ideas.

khemri is back to crp in NTBBL currently.

plasmoid wrote:

Changelog 2015
1. CRP+ Khemri: Due to both feedback from players and the passage of time, the Khemri team reverts to the CRP roster.

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB%20rosters.htm
 Jump to: