36 coaches online • Server time: 11:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings was (imho) one of the strongest stunty teams out there. If believe that these changes are good for stunty.

Btw, Whats the point with the snotling veteran?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

No, its hard to score twice in a game. Their win percentage will now decrease even more.
And tell me why it isnt possible to give some stunty teams more power AND let them be slow? Its the same like with the normal races. (Orcs, Skaven)

I hope this changes are just for testing (as stunty teams need still more balancing)!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Fluff-wise, Snotlings are the smallest GreenSkins... Wouldn't Big Boss make most sense?

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotling warrior!

Hmm

or Gang of geenies

mmm yeah...

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotling hero name: Woogly Woogleburn or Pander Froglegs

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Snot Trainer ?
Lamel

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm out goes my snotling team.... I agree snot pumpwagons were crazy but now they r just standard fanatics. Spore flingers r out so no poisoned dagger anymore. My team has -12 cas diff. even though my pumps make 2 cas average each game. Btw ive lost 3 pumps so far in 10 games.
Agree I play in unranked but tbh that doesnt matter.. Just my opinion
tza

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

sick_boy wrote:
Snotling Hero = King of Snotland

Snotland Yard Investigator?: Laughing
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Without mighty blow and ma5, Pump Wagons become very risky now.
A pump wagon can block every two rounds one player, without migthy blow an av of 7 means a chance of breaking armor of under 37%.

Dont forget they dont have general access, so they always need a pow...
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If you wanted to remove Poison Dagger and add some speed, I thought the simplest solution would have been to change Spore Flingers to 0-4 M5 Snotlings without Poison Dagger (and Pro for whatever reason that was added). Give Spore Flingers access to Pass and you've made a fluffy modification without the need to come up with a new positional name. I'd also suggest dropping Regeneration from the "Spore Flingers" to address the bucketloads of $ that Snotlings usually have (if that is still an issue that needs resolving). But then again, these ideas might only work on another planet.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Join Tzeentch's Chainsaw Massacre

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

For those not living in this planet: there were threads about changin snots in here http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4062 (started 30 Dec) and here: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3835 (started Nov 26) where you had place for your ideas to be heard. As always there was and will be lot of whine and lot of different opinions on how things shouls have been done.
This is what you got. Main reasons why I went this way and not other was that snotlings need to keep beein snotlings, their uniquess and fluff comes from three trolls. They definetly do not need to get awfully lot better at scoring while bashing their opponent to oblivion to be balanced. These changes were made to lower their bashy side a bit, one move and mighty blow in stunty aint that much, they will still murder your team and you puppy and kitten too. While taking away spore flingers there was need to give them something back. Snotling Heroes are the way they are for two reasons: to aid them slightly on ball playing department and to generate that way slightly more turn overs by hopefully making them trying to play ball little more.
Its nice to see you still have lots of different opinions on how to change snotlings, but to be honest, its pointless now.
odi

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Lamel wrote:
hmm out goes my snotling team....

My team has -12 cas diff. even though my pumps make 2 cas average each game. Btw ive lost 3 pumps so far in 10 games.

It must be you playing in unranked, since snotlings are deadly for other stunty teams. I would think most snot teams have a positive cas diff, and even if they didn't, on average, 50% of them have regened. Compared to other stunty teams without regen, they usually have to save the apo for big guys anyway.

I just wonder why I tipped off peikko, that his changes didn't at first do anything to old pumps Smile
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally they wont outbash everything and everyone. Was a stupidly boring team.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:

Its nice to see you still have lots of different opinions on how to change snotlings, but to be honest, its pointless now.

Glad to see you are as open minded as some feared. Rolling Eyes Your changes created new problems: 1. Grandfathered Sporeflingers and 2. A new name is needed for your new positional that AFAIK you never mentioned in the above threads. I was proposing a simple fix to those 2 problems. Changing Sporeflingers to your "Snotling Heroes". It's nice to see you can respond politely to constructive feedback.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Join Tzeentch's Chainsaw Massacre

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

-mourns me snots-

i was living on this planet, just not in the forum were they where talking about snotlings.....
to late he cried to late