29 coaches online • Server time: 12:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes there are not that many legends out there, but how many players with 126+ SPP are there?

I think Christer plans to just let those players keep their 6 skills, so in effect they will already be legends.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Yes there are not that many legends out there, but how many players with 126+ SPP are there?

I think Christer plans to just let those players keep their 6 skills, so in effect they will already be legends.

I would assume the 126+ players that later reach 176spp will go "oh, I'm sorry, I already have 6 skills, nevermind". They will be as skilled as legends, but not Legends themselves.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Won't 'killer khemri' mummies all lose their mighty blow in the change over, but gain +1 ma?.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW... though I am more concerned about some of the changed positionals of other races.

For example...
Does a High Elf Thrower that currently doesn't have Safe Throw automatically gain it since it is a starting skill now?
If a High Elf Thrower has taken Safe Throw in LRB4 as a skill does he pick a new skill now?

What about skills that used to be DOUBLES but now are not?
I'm pretty sure I will be fine with whatever happens in these regards but I would like to know what is going to happen.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I assume at some point we'll hear the answer, but there's really no way to know until Christer tells us. The rulebook basically says just leave 'em as is and you buy new players off the new roster. It wouldn't surprise me though if every player's skills were reapplied to a standard version of the position that replaces them.

Though I'm curious as well, I'm at ease with either method.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
MrStick

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefer to keep my existing FFB teams, i really cant see it being a problem
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd personally like to keep my two major teams although as purp says my blitzers with stand firm would spend their last days as fodder. Given I'd also be offering rivals a couple of stars at least initially I wouldn't expect to be winning early doors. I haven't played ffb yet as I like playing teams with a view to longevity (am thinking of playing first match tonight) but I'd have no problem with test teams surving if LRB4 were - think it should be all or nothing.

[quote="Purplegoo"](I've no issue with this by the way - if a coach wants to spend a few weeks turning over players to get the skills fixed up and generally be less competitive as a result for a period of time to retain his team history; all power to you, enjoy Inducements!),
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Won't 'killer khemri' mummies all lose their mighty blow in the change over, but gain +1 ma?.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW... though I am more concerned about some of the changed positionals of other races.

For example...
Does a High Elf Thrower that currently doesn't have Safe Throw automatically gain it since it is a starting skill now?
If a High Elf Thrower has taken Safe Throw in LRB4 as a skill does he pick a new skill now?

What about skills that used to be DOUBLES but now are not?
I'm pretty sure I will be fine with whatever happens in these regards but I would like to know what is going to happen.

it's my understanding that positionals will get converted following the new rulebook, thus getting new stats and starting skills in exchange for the old starting skills. So mummies will go from 3519 mighty blow, regen to 4519 regen, decay, plus their acquired skills.

for doubles i don't see the problem :S They will have the price in TV accordingly to the new rulebook
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I was allways under the impression that all players would transfer "as is" with no change...and let the carnage slowly replace out the old with the new. Redundant skills would be just that and old skills that no longer apply would be dead skills. Thus LRB4 necro wolves would play with out regen and so forth. CL/RSC mutants would be playing with a dead skill and one less skill slot for that player. Leave it up to the coach who to cut and who stays on the team.

But then again as I only play human teams, no need to worry about such stuff.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This is what reads in my version of leaked LRB6, not sure if it's exactly the same in the CRP (which the site is based on, which is then on based on the original LRB6 document).

STARTING THE LEAGUE wrote:

A league consists of a group of teams (preferably at least four) who will play each other (and maybe other teams) over the course of a series of games. Existing Leagues set up under earlier versions of the Blood Bowl rules can easily change over to the new league rules; coaches simply need to work out the value of the team as described later, and start using the new team list presented on pages 54 to 60. Any team rosters that are not ‘legal’ under the new rules can carry on using the players that are in the team, but any replacements should be purchased from the new rosters.

With this ruling I'd guess all the old R-teams would stay as is, until they start playing and players start dying.

OFC there is longer RSC in the rules and a few skills have been changed, but over all this kind of changes to skills are minor and RSC could be replaced with Claw or MB, etc.
Hero164

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep em.. screw it, people who want to abuse the transfer will be doing it already, skill choices based on whats good in FFB i.e no one would take ma on a mummy knowing they will get it soon anyway, people wont retire nigglers, skilling to 7 skills asap.

etc etc.

Unless its a brand new start abuse will be everywhere so I dont think the FFB teams are any worse than that really. Nurgle, pact and vamp teams obviously had a good push.

However lets please PLEASE decide it and if we are keeping them say these games are to be played competitively. Atm theres nothing to stop me saying I'm testing if scoring 10 tds breaks the client and skilling everything with no reprucussions.

Stella for President!!

Need a new challenge? Here's all the challenge you will ever need.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19352
Carnis

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hero164 wrote:
However lets please PLEASE decide it and if we are keeping them say these games are to be played competitively. Atm theres nothing to stop me saying I'm testing if scoring 10 tds breaks the client and skilling everything with no reprucussions.

Except your opponent?

If you want to test that, just run the game in testmode Wink.
 Jump to: