28 coaches online • Server time: 09:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest... most of the negativity are probably an online phenomenon.

In our board-game group and even extend group I basically only hear interested and positive talk... even if some people think some of the changes is odd. But hardly none is overly negative but rather positive.
neubau

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

to quote malmir (NAF play can pretty much be exchanged with low tv play):

Quote:
If you only play NAF then I don't suppose it will make much difference to you, which is why I am teed off that so many coaches who only play NAF, pretty much, have had such weighty input on these rules, as it really doesn't affect them, however for those of us who love fumbbl, and have played here for over a decade, and have responded to posts, and contributed to the GLN, and joined in the general banter of the site, and made teams with names that were liked, and names that were less liked, and won games and lost games, and generally taken both with good grace, and made friends and spent countless hours on our hobby, then it does make a difference.

there's people here, including me, who have put hours and hours into this game and this site, besides just playing it. organizing leagues and tournaments, doing logos and player icons, lots of fluff in all varieties. we currently have the daunting option to keep the biggest scheduled league on fumbbl running, as the new rules totally throw a wrench into the basic premise of that league: story telling. thankfully christer will leave a lot of options to L (like old skilling system), so we probably manage. we still have to play with the horrible passing rules and sadly we cant ignore them.

you come here and tell people with thousands of games "i played a dozen of games with the new rules, no idea what the fuss is about". its cool that your group thinks the new rules are fine. there are plenty of good changes in this edition even. but the downsides of this edition hurt bloodbowl where it hurts the most: varied gameplay and the ability to tell a fun story with your team.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry, in my TT league we are also negative about some of the changes Razz

you said it yourself multiple times...passing has de-facto been nerfed, to stay on topic.

Now you can make lots of impressive and highly risky actions to try and score and then...well, we'll all see Wink
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

neubau wrote:
to quote malmir (NAF play can pretty much be exchanged with low tv play):

Quote:
If you only play NAF then I don't suppose it will make much difference to you, which is why I am teed off that so many coaches who only play NAF, pretty much, have had such weighty input on these rules, as it really doesn't affect them, however for those of us who love fumbbl, and have played here for over a decade, and have responded to posts, and contributed to the GLN, and joined in the general banter of the site, and made teams with names that were liked, and names that were less liked, and won games and lost games, and generally taken both with good grace, and made friends and spent countless hours on our hobby, then it does make a difference.

there's people here, including me, who have put hours and hours into this game and this site, besides just playing it. organizing leagues and tournaments, doing logos and player icons, lots of fluff in all varieties. we currently have the daunting option to keep the biggest scheduled league on fumbbl running, as the new rules totally throw a wrench into the basic premise of that league: story telling. thankfully christer will leave a lot of options to L (like old skilling system), so we probably manage. we still have to play with the horrible passing rules and sadly we cant ignore them.

you come here and tell people with thousands of games "i played a dozen of games with the new rules, no idea what the fuss is about". its cool that your group thinks the new rules are fine. there are plenty of good changes in this edition even. but the downsides of this edition hurt bloodbowl where it hurts the most: varied gameplay and the ability to tell a fun story with your team.

With only a few modification to the redrafting or simply not use them and you can pretty much play as you always did.

To be honest I don't think anyone would care if there was such an option here on FUMBBL. I would certainly not criticise such an MM style option in the future.

But i also think allot of people are interested in what the new drafting system and max 15 games can do for the game too.

I would vote for two different versions if I had any say. We would pretty quickly see if it is viable to have two versions and how many people are playing in which group. But I would hope that both versions would be viable for everyone best interest.

I don't want to kill high TV team play... I do find the new version of max 15 games a more appealing to me personally.

I think allot of people would enjoy both versions to be honest.
neubau

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:

With only a few modification to the redrafting or simply not use them and you can pretty much play as you always did.

outside of L this is not an option. chister wont split the playerbase any further. this is why people care.

teams a decade old will pretty much be forced to retire or be stored indefinitely in L, where there's no playerbase outside of scheduled leagues, in hope that the rules some day change again. also no fumbbl tournaments for these teams anymore, some who won lots of tourneys. please dont dismiss the valid complaints of people on this site, because you dont share their problems.

edit: so we keep on topic, the new passing is absolutely horrible still, no matter the tv Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

neubau wrote:
...teams a decade old will pretty much be forced to retire or be stored indefinitely in L, where there's no playerbase outside of scheduled leagues

You can still get games in unscheduled League. Which will have NO seasons.
The more people move over, the easier it will be to get a game.

There will also be Secret League Twisted Evil
Much unscheduled.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Koadah, that is good to know! Couple of questions. Firstly does the '2016 skills' option just deal with the range of skills available, or will it enable them to work according to the old rules (i.e. so we don't have to use new passing, fouling, break tackle and leaping mechanics, all of which I think are worse)? And will it be possible to migrate everyones' big R and B teams into L Secret League so they not only get games but still have some structure and trophies to play for? Or would they be forced to migrate to standard L which is incompatible with Secret League L I think!?
Malmir

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
Cheers Koadah, that is good to know! Couple of questions. Firstly does the '2016 skills' option just deal with the range of skills available, or will it enable them to work according to the old rules (i.e. so we don't have to use new passing, fouling, break tackle and leaping mechanics, all of which I think are worse)? And will it be possible to migrate everyones' big R and B teams into L Secret League so they not only get games but still have some structure and trophies to play for? Or would they be forced to migrate to standard L which is incompatible with Secret League L I think!?

The problem you'll have Dr Death is that while many people (myself included) prefer the rules as they are, they won't want to have to schedule league games, or will simply want to give the new rules a try. The breakaway league group who didn't like the new rules the last time it changed lasted about a month. You have a finite player base that will only grow smaller. I, for example, will not be playing in league with the old rules. If I dislike the new rules that much, I'll simply stop playing.

As a side note, it's surely time to stop feeding the troll.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:

Well, now you're asking questions.

Questions so good they deserve their own thread.
Could someone please go and root PurpleChest out of his bunker.

Honestly, I don't know. I have a bad feeling that we might not be able to use the old rules for passing, etc.

I have heard that we might be able to use the old rules for skill selection. i.e. no choosing but rolling for doubles & stat-ups.

I may have misled you a bit about Secret League. I don't have the last word on that. That would be Garion. So, Secret League Open will very likely have seasons but with more rebuy cash than "Competitive" and no cap.

I may do something else though.
Though that will cause other problems. Wink

Teams that are migrated into standard L can be imported into other leagues such as Secret League or O[L]C.
If the commish allows it.

@Malmir: Open games will happen but will probably take longer to find. As I said, the more of you come over, the easier finding a game will be.

Last edited by koadah on %b %10, %2020 - %02:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
neubau wrote:
...teams a decade old will pretty much be forced to retire or be stored indefinitely in L, where there's no playerbase outside of scheduled leagues

Much unscheduled.

I plan to move all my teams to L or preferably SL. Hope we have that option.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
koadah wrote:
neubau wrote:

Much unscheduled.

I plan to move all my teams to L or preferably SL. Hope we have that option.

Excellent!

Someone ought to create a petition.

But don't say I put you up to it. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If L is forced to use the new Passing rules (which basically have been nerfed to death...) Then I strongly suspect after 15+ years it's time for me to find a new hobby. Sad. Sad
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding secret league questions on this page -
Yes SLO will use the new rules. No there definitely will not be a redraft cap.

I need to sit down and do lots of maths however I think it will 15 games then redraft, no cap, 20k a game, 20k a win, 10k a draw, from memory this would allow teams to grow to a high tv. But with 15 game seasons it'll take a long time to get there, and the majority of the open games will still sit in the 1300 to 2000 TV range.

This new ruleset simply won't function without some redrafting because of how skills are selected. Players need to age.

How everything will work.. Well all will be revealed soon

Edit... also all slann teams are welcome to join SL if possible.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to see Gift of the Gab or the Medecins smash into some of the 2 million monsters I faced in the SLumbbl Cup Laughing
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
I want to see Gift of the Gab or the Medecins smash into some of the 2 million monsters I faced in the SLumbbl Cup Laughing

MenonaLoco is already in SLO. Shocked

Jump to: