42 coaches online • Server time: 15:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Originally posted here

0-12 Lineman 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty......A....30000
0-2 True Pro 5 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Block....A/G 80000
0-2 Stout Arm 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Pass......A/T..40000
0-1 Kicker 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Kick.....A....40000
0-2 Ruffian 5 4 2 8 Bone-Head....S....70000 - Courtesy of Hunter
RR 60000
Halfling Chef
Apothecary

Suggestions?

I've been told, and have seen other get told that gen access is too powerful on a fling, but I figure other peoples linemen get gen access, so I'd like to see how it goes here.
Also the issue of strength, I realise that it could be a problem, I'll try to think of something..

I've seen the Halfling pros, but don't like the idea of any big guys in a fling pro team, which is why my flings DON'T have TRS.

Hunter I'd like to get in contact with you sometime and discuss how to improve the team etc. Cheers.

Basically I see the fact that lots of other races have professional teams, and flings play bloodbowl too. I just think it makes more sense for them to have a positional players.

Fluff:
Blood bowl has been around for a long time, as have halfling teams, however the little known halfling kingdom of Piehaven has lived in peaceful bliss on an island near Ulthuan. That is until they discovered Blood Bowl.

Piehaven's chief ambassador Lord Geoffery Brunch the 4th was on a diplomatic visit to Ulthuan when he was invited to a game of bloodbowl, which was previously unbeknownst to them. Lord Brunch was so delighted by what he saw that day that he took the game back to Piehaven with the intent of making bloodbowl a national sport. He convinced King Marcus Piehaven to visit Ulthuan with him to watch a game. King Marcus loved it, and on his return announced there would be a tournament held in his honour for the new sport. Of course, the Piehavenites had one disadvantage when compared to traditional hafling teams - They had no access to Treemen. Undeterred they eagerly anticipated the tournament as Teams were assembled to contest for the prize (Free pies for a year).

Lord Brunch however had gone back to Ulthuan once more, however he also took with him a group of bloodbowl enthusiasts. For weeks he trained his halflings with leading elven teams and then returned to Piehaven for the tournament. His team was not required to play until the second day of the tourney, and a day went by with much merriment and a lot of poor play. The second day of the tourney dawned and Lord Brunch revealed his team. Brunch's Blood Bowlers marched onto the field like a professional unit, and the crowd was stunned as they walked all over the opposition team, Lord Brunch himself playing! The rest, as they say, is history. Brunch's Blood Bowlers went on to win the tournament easily, claiming the pies, and then went on to play Elven teams, then further, taking their unique halfling style of play all over the world. Piehaven however hadn't seen enough of bloodbowl, and quickly professional teams sprouted up all over the Kingdom, leading eventually to one of the most professional leagues in the old world.

Piehaven now produces many high quality professional halfling teams as they make their bid for being the best Bloodbowl players in the world!

Lineman - Many young halflings dream of playing bloodbowl, and most of them end up being the bog standard Lineman. There is honour to be had here however, as it takes guts to be out there playing bloodbowl, especially as a mere halfling.

True Pro - The halfling dream, the True Pro is rock hard where other halflings are like wheat. Extensive training and a willingness to put everything on the line are what makes the True pro, and as such their value in halfling teams is phenomenal.

Stout Arm - Chosen early in their training for their ability to throw accurately, Stout Arms are often the captains of a Professional Halfling team as they can see most of the play safely in the back lines. that is until the front line fails......

Kicker - Nobody knows the value of good kicking like halflings. That extra ability to place the ball where it's hardest to get is valued immensely by halflings, who even have schools especially for kickers. It's not all good though, once you've kicked it you have to chase it down...

Ruffian - Little is known about these... Halflings.. We assume they're halflings, however they are rather large (for a halfling) and unusually strong. Rumours abound that they are on performance enhancing drugs, although more popular theory is their metabolism is uniquely suited to pies. Either way they provide valuable assistance to an understrength team.

Last edited by Dravaal on %b %17, %2005 - %02:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work on fluff development, Dravaal. After thinking about it a bit last night, I think that Mighty Blow should be removed from the Ruffians- start them out without skills (but keep Bonehead).

I also think that Kicker access should be limited to 0-1.

Oh, and add apothecary access on the roster above.

Otherwise, my opinion is that the team looks pretty solid and balanced. Uniqueness is evident in the starting skills (Pass, Block, and Kick) as well as the absence of TTM capability, Big Guys, and secret weapons. I think they would be a lot of fun to play!

Now just wait for more comments if the community has any, and make a .html roster for playtesting.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Halflings are already in 3 stunty leeg teams already.... goblins are in 3 as well. I'd prefer something new and interesting.

Oh, and no team should ever start with the kick skill.

Edit:
PS. Hunter you doing something with my rosters or shall I forget it and post them here?
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Edit:
PS. Hunter you doing something with my rosters or shall I forget it and post them here?

Just send me a PM if you want a team or teams included in the Compendium... I'll need an .html roster for each team as well. Also, I'll only be including teams which have been presented and discussed in the forums (no "brand new" teams), so if you have teams other than Jellies that you would like included, please post in the forums for discussion! If you want the Jellies included, please let me know- I didn't want to put them in without your explicit approval.

Thanks,
~hunter

/end hijack Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i post the same objection to this that i post every time someone suggests a stunty char with gen access
STUNY + DAUNLESS = As broken as Khemri + AG4

Goodbye Cusi
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:

Please explain to me why this is the case?
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrall wrote:
i post the same objection to this that i post every time someone suggests a stunty char with gen access
STUNY + DAUNLESS = As broken as Khemri + AG4

IMHO Stunty+Dauntless = Target

I can appreciate how you see it is potentially broken, but the fact is there are only two of them possible, and with 7 armour if someone wants to take them out... they can.

It's not like the whole team is acessing general. Added to that, the little guys, they train real hard Crying or Very sad
EvolveToAnarchism

Post 13 Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Where's the mayhem?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Stunty Schticks

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Dravaal wrote:
Britnoth wrote:

Please explain to me why this is the case?

Because Kick in stunty is way to good to be a starting skill. Deep kicks kill many stunty teams.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Where's the mayhem?

Perhaps this may be hard to believe, but not everyone shares that same opinion as you that stunty teams need to cause mayhem. Perhaps you could give something more constructive in the future than a thumbs down?
Dravaal

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
Because Kick in stunty is way to good to be a starting skill. Deep kicks kill many stunty teams.

If I may argue the point, perhaps one should be prepared for all possibilities? I hardly see how, against a team with the rapid transit of 5, a deep kick could be quite so devestating. If you haven't set up to prepare for such an occurrence then TBH I think you are to blame. Then we come to the point that if you play against other standard teams which have ready access to kick, and are faster, then surely you'd never have a chance?

I appreciate your explanation, however in the end, kick is part of the game, and I cannot see how it will as devestating as some people say. I will admit to a lack of experience in some points of the game, however, and I'll admit this may be the case here. As it is it will go into playtesting before being official, where I'm sure that I myself will discover the problem with kick.

Cheers.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Dravaal wrote:

Perhaps this may be hard to believe, but not everyone shares that same opinion as you that stunty teams need to cause mayhem. Perhaps you could give something more constructive in the future than a thumbs down?

Perhaps this may be hard to believe, but mayhem has guided the expansion of the Stunty Leeg since Secret Weapons were introduced. Perhaps you could give a good reason why this should cease being the case.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
A short history of my involvement in the Stunty Leeg

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Perhaps this may be hard to believe, but mayhem has guided the expansion of the Stunty Leeg since Secret Weapons were introduced. Perhaps you could give a good reason why this should cease being the case.

When did I claim it should cease being the case?
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Mayhem is what you make from it.

If you want pure Mayhem... go make it.

From the way Dravaal is talking though, it seems clear to me that he's looking to take these Flings to the major leagues... Ranked baby!
So he can't have as much mayhem involved as a team which is purely for stunty leeg (as you are implying with your comments).

Meanwhile, enjoy the fluff and mayhem is always more fun when you build it yourself.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You might consider giving your ruffians ttm and your other guys right stuff. Give them at least one thing thats fun and a little off the wall.