37 coaches online • Server time: 12:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Jackbedead wrote:
I really wanted tackle to make a bashy stunty team.

Yes, there's a real shortage of bashy teams in the leeg.
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless I'm wrong Chaos Halflings are by far the strongest and most popular team. And he just told me that this little team would pose a huge problem. But in retrospect I don't think it would pose the same problem against other teams nearly as much. SOoo maybe a balancer is needed after all.

The odds of one of these guys running a ball is less than that of a halfling. Of course they want to inflict casualties, because otherwise there's no way they'll get the ball down the field. Yeah, they make their opponent lose the benefits of dodge. Tackle is just an equalizer. Until the ungors get dodge, it just puts the teams on equal ground. Maybe upping the amount of the stronger gors and removing the big guy would help it. That would allow possibly a stength 3 blitz a turn, which could come to five or six with help and maybe these little guys could take down big guys. But it loses a lot of flavor withough the minotaur. If it's beastmen then it should include as many beastmen units as possible. Here's some ideas.

Option A:
0-1 Minotaur S, Ph
0-2 Ungor purebreds -M5 S2 A3 AV7 - stunty, horns, frenzy, tackle A, Ph
0-16 Ungor -M5 S2 A3 AV7 - stunty, tackle A, Ph

Option B:
0-1 Minotaur S, Ph
0-4 Ungor purebreds -M5 S2 A3 AV7 - stunty, horns, frenzy, tackle A, Ph
0-16 Ungor -M5 S2 A3 AV7 - stunty, dodge, horns A, Ph

Option C:

Option D:
<Even though this option has 2 big guys, it seems like the weekest and too close to CFlings>

0-2 Minotaur S, Ph
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

here's a reason why tackle in stunty, especially for an entire team, is so disgusting....

out of the entire league....4 players can pick that up without a double...(yeah yeah i know skryers and their guard galore, but dude...the little buggers are str1...they need all the help they can get)

gnome daredevil x 2
skryer deathroller x 1
skryer mechavermin x 2
strigoyan vamplings x 4

and you're looking at giving it to an entire team?...that's disgustingly unbalanced...i mean look at the popular hatred towards dorfs because of being skill-based overpowered in the low TRs...

while looking to develop a "bashy" stunty team is nice and all...the entire league is already bashy...how common is it to see cas rates go through the roof, even *with* everyone having dodge and whatnot?...what you're proposing, while i commend you for putting a lot of thought into it, isn't a bashy team....it's a team designed strictly to retire teams...

someone mentioned it earlier...how often do you see zon vs dorf matches?....what you're basically proposing is a mechanic to completely cripple pretty much an entire league, simply based on one skill that's hard to get for others, but this one comes straight out of the box with it...

--j

ImageImage
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand what you're saying, but because so few players can even get it makes it a great idea for a team. A cool original team would benefit stunty. I ralize tackle nerfs a lot of teams. But these guys aren't amazing withought it. They don't even come with dodge, and they shouldn't be dodging.

Here's my solutions

Make 2-4 dedicated players with tackle as the blitzers of the team

replace tackle with dodge/horns, but that's not very fun for a team with halfling stats.

So we're looking at:

0-1 Minotaur S, Ph

Does that sound like a balanced team, does that sound fair?
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Infact how about ditching frenzy, it doesn't seem neccesary when tackle is just for the blitzers anyway, and replace it with dodge so the team fits together and with stunty better:

0-1 Minotaur S, Ph
0-4 Ungor purebreds -M5 S2 A3 AV7 - stunty, horns, dodge, tackle A, Ph
0-16 Ungor -M5 S2 A3 AV7 - stunty, horns, dodge A, Ph
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

a small core of tacklers could potentially be a more interesting mix...seeing 15 players with tackle, and a big guy starting off is incredibly intimidating...4 tacklers would help out a lot to a team like this actually getting matches instead of people looking at your team and screaming "aww helllll no!" Very Happy

the only other suggestion, imo, would be for the money cost....ungors @ 40k, purebreeds @ 80k, mino at 100k, RRs at 60k...that'd build a solid 4pb, 6ung, 1mino, 4rr, 9ff team to start off with...

also, while i agree with you taht because so few players makes the idea of a concept team good....in actualization, it doesn't mean that it's balanced...the team doesn't have to be stellar without tackle to persevere, but having the entire roster with it does give it a *considerable* advantage over every one....

oh, and just for a little bit of support....the stats you've proposed look to be pretty average across the board for all stunty teams Wink none of them stand out as being overly powerful compared to others, but additionally, none of them are noticably weaker than others...good av, good agility, decent movement...i wouldn't be too overly concerned about whether or not it would be fun...looks, to me, like those stats are right on par

nice work btw Smile

--j

ImageImage
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've been working on a Bray (not ungor) team for quite a while. I was going to wait till I revamped my website before I released it for comment. But since people seem keen on discussing a team based on the Beasts of Chaos, I'll give a sneak peak.

Brays
0-2 Minotaurs
0-8 Brays (M5 S2 A3 AV7 Stunty, Right Stuff, Dodge, Frenzy A)
0-8 Hounds (M7 S2 A3 AV7 Wild Animal, No Hands, Frenzy G)

FUN Criteria
Fluffy: Based on solid Beasts of Chaos background. Ungors are tough human-sized nasties, while brays are the savage young of the herd.
Unique: With a 50/50 split of stunties and beasts, this should make for a unique mix. A little bit similar to Squig Herders, but Wild Animal should give them a very different feel.
Novel playing style: Frenzy galore should make for some rather interesting tactical challenges. The potential and pitfalls of G access WAs should be suitably mayhemful addition to the Leeg.

I could go on at length about those 3 criteria but I'll do that at length when I relaunch my website.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Stunty Leeg Teams and their Schticks