42 coaches online • Server time: 16:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Pat wrote:
Oooh i go to see that Dreadclaw...
Do you see the first Horror???
Pat

It looks absolutely beautiful!... You are an artist in this field!

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks dreadclaw...
But if you have some Pictures of mi Go???(It's more difficult for me to imagine these than Wisps!!!)
Wispy pat

khaile

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

DreadClaw wrote:
khaile wrote:
I don't think this team is too powerful, but the linemen are too cheap. Increase their cost to 70k (skinks + regenerate) or remove dodge (probably not, eh?).

A basic stunty has ma5 or 6. Adding 2 moves to that and keeping the "best" stunty statline (2 str, 3 ag 7 av) while not making concessions, and adding 4 players with str3 block tackle AND a ma8 chainsaw is too powerful imho Razz

Yes, maybe the chainsaw is too much, but if you take that away (or make it a lot slower) and increase the cost for the linemen, the team wouldn't be better than the other stunty teams. I'm assuming that the zombies only have general access though (ie, no easy mighty blow).
celas

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You may want to update your original post once you make changes. Otherwise, everyone will start writing the same comments.

Speaking of the same comments, I wrote a while back that people often say they like a new stunty concept, which generally means one of three things: 1) it fits in well with the rest of the league because it adds something new without detracting from the rest of the teams; 2) people like the theme, regardless of whether it fits in with Warhammer (i.e., smurfs); and 3) It looks fun to play because it will blow the rest of the competition away. I am guessing based on the responses and critiques that those who approve of this team in its current form do so because of reasons 2 & 3. As Dreadclaw has been saying, the team eliminates the need for anyone to play skinks again. Even without Sauri, skinks beat most teams at low TR (under 150), and can compete at medium TR (not sure about high TR). So you want the base players to be like skinks, except you are going to hand them a chainsaw, 4 STR 3 players with General access, and Regen for everyone? I am wondering why you stop there? I think these beasts might need claw too.

Seriously though, this team you made is fast, can absorb damage, and deal damage. What other team can do all of these things in stunty? Even if you did keep the team in its current form, you have the base players priced at 50K which is 10K less than a skink and you added regen. Regen should add 20K to a base skink. What makes the team unique? Is it the zombies? Then why not add more players to the skinks and give them regen. Oh wait, skinks used to have Sauri, but then they dominated. I think that is the main problem here.

I am not a Cthulhu expert, but are they actually part of the warhammer world? I realize there is a difference of opinions on what constitutes an appropriate stunty team, but if you are going to make such a dominating team I would hope they would not also violate what else many people feel is important (i.e., fluff). You do write fluff, but heck, even smurfs have fluff...80's TV fluff. Why are these superskinks/zombies playing BB? Do these things really have chainsaws in the world of Cthulhu?

The team has potential...atm they have the potential to make everyone want to play this team and turn stunty leeg into the fungi league. I am interested to see what changes you make and how you make the fluff fit. I cannot offer much in the form of how to make the changes because your base players are skinks with regen and even lowering the MA by 1 or increasing the cost substanstially still leaves you with a powerful team. Even if the zombies do not have S access (for MB), having block/tackle (dauntless on doubles?) and +1 on INJ rolls to stunties with AV 5 or 6 will still cause a lot of damage.
 Jump to: