41 coaches online • Server time: 15:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which team should I focus my energy on getting added to the Stunty Leeg?
Bray (wild pack)
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Circus (aerobatic acrobats)
26%
 26%  [ 23 ]
Clan Eshin (daggers of doom)
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Dark Familiar (horny-tailed imps)
10%
 10%  [ 9 ]
Gnoblars (terrifying trappers)
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Horrors (mini mutated monstrousities)
22%
 22%  [ 20 ]
Other
19%
 19%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 87

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Circus: don't like them:

will be a crappy team after all, added to the fact that I don't like the idea of jumping guys around.

Oh and how is it supposed to developp a passing game? Don't like the team concept but I seem to be the only one.

edit: dark familiar:

well what's here the "uniqueness" of the team? Horns on every imp? Could it be possible that they have a permanent free wizard?

ps: don't wanted to triple post

pps: I like the forest gobelins...

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people seem to be having problems distinguishing my poll from another poll that's being run. If you take the time to actually read the question: "Which team should I focus my energy on getting added to the Stunty Leeg?", it should be fairfly obvious, that I was looking for guidance on where I should focus my energy. If you wanted to discuss which of probably 20+ stunty leeg proposals, you liked the best, there are many threads & polls explicitly designed for that purpose. But this thread, was designed to help me decide where I'd spend my time and energy. So, yes, I did use my experience, judgment and discretion in deciding which teams that were worthy of my time and effort. Weird, that I'd actually want to work on something I found fun, interesting and compelling.

If you genuinely cared about another proposal not on this list, your best bet would be to PM me, asking for some advice on that Stunty Leeg Proposal. I'd be more than willing to provide some constructive feedback on the proposal. Heck! After some thoughtful discussion, I might even be tempted to openly advocate for the proposal. That's exactly what has happened with the Gnoblar and Eshin proposals. And I genuinely believe that such forethought will probably pay off big time with those two teams eventual addition to the Stunty Leeg. Unfortunately with the sheer number of proposals that are put forth, I tend not to comment on them any longer, that is, unless I am a big fan of the ideas. And as alot of them seem to be off the cuff, half serious, look at my nifty idea postings, I'd rather put my time to more productive use. But if anyone is serious about their proposals, I'd strongly advise them to have a little chat with me or at the very least to read the first draft of my guide.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
The Yes Men

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, after finally addressing repeated digressions away from the primary purpose of this thread/poll. I'll get back to the heart fo the matter.

I really should have done a poll with no stats/rosters posted. That probably would have been more productive. It certainly was back in the days of the Skryre & Pygmy expansion. My mistake. Most of the rosters are rather tentative. I've only done limited testing of them. So, the question is not really about specific rosters, but more about the general concepts. I tried to emphasize that by including a 2 or 3 word summary in each of the poll options. But I fear they may have been overlooked by a natural tendency to focus on the draft rosters. So, I'll expand on each of the teams below.

Bray: As should be obvious from the background. Brays are going to be a wildly aggressive team. But I wanted to make them different, in that they are going to rely on the stunties to do the bashing (the minotaurs aren't a mandatory part of the roster; they work without them). The main mayhemful schtick of the team was going to be the prevalence of Wild Animals, thus the hounds. Another option was to give the Brays Bonehead to represent the unruly nature of beastmen herds. So, as you see the focus was on the wild feral and generally unruly nature of the Brays. Specific rosters would require extensive playtesting. And I see a lot of wild speculation about the team being devestating (ignoring the fact that dodgeless ST2 Frenzied, Wild Animals in a league filled with dodging sidesteppers is going to pose plenty of challenges, but alas all of that with zero playtesting). But such speculation highlights one of the reasons why I ran this poll, if I was going to spend a lot of times playtesting such a revolutionary roster, I'd really want to make sure that people were keen on the idea.

Circus: I've been bouncing around this idea for a long time. It's not my favourite from a background perpective. So much so, that I'd feel obliged to write up a rather detailed fluff piece to justify their inclusion, if I ever wanted to make a big push for their inclusion in the Leeg. I can't say I'm suprised by the number of votes this roster has received. I've heard people clamouring for a less bashy passing team for the Stunty Leeg. It also adds something truly unique: widespread TTM access. And I'll also admit that I'm drawn to the teams campy background. I'll reluctantly address some roster issues right now. This team has immense potential do develop a "normal" passing game. Jugglers with pass access and no stunty skill combined with the acrobats' easy access to catch, and you've got a team that virtually belongs in the normal bloodbowl league Sad , but thankfully the background justifies the more mayhemful Dump Off as the Jugglers' starting passing skill. The team is deliberately designed to be weak on the bashing front (I'm even tempted to make the Strongman ST4), but this is partially offset by the fact that the acrobats aren't Stunty, so they won't be dying in droves, so less blood on both sides. As afterall, this team was designed to emphasize a different mayhemful aspect of the Stunty Leeg: wildly acrobatic TTM plays.

Eshin: With the removal of Poison Dagger from the Snotlings, it only seems like a matter of time before a team was added woth a Poison Dagger schtick. Clan Eshin was the obvious choice. This team also fills, in a fluffy mayhemful manner, the "No Big Guy Team" concept much better than the cludgy Skink roster (although I was tempted to suggest a revamped Skink roster with Poisonous Dinocritters and modified Skinks). But since the designer has taken great efforts to understand and respect the philosophy that has guided the expansion of the Leeg, I was willing to set aside my creations to advocate strongly for the roster, if that's what people were interested in.

Dark Familiar. Again this was an attempt to design another roster where more emphasis was placed on the Stunties than the Big Guys (heck! I hadn't even settled on a Big Guy for the draft roster). It also seemed that it was about time that one of the last mayhemful elements of the Blood Bowl rules were developped in the Leeg: Magic. So, a team based on Sorcerer's Familiars fit this unique niche in a fluffy manner. And yes, I am strongly considering a roster with no Big Guys, but relying instead on permanent wizard (it is a team of Sorcerer's Familiars afterall).

Gnoblars. Again, the designer took the time and effort to learn about the philosophy that has guided Stunty Leeg expansion. And it shows. The team was so well put together, that I ditched the Tentacled Horrors roster I had been working on, to increase the chance of this team being added to the Leeg. I'm a little suprised by the lack of votes for this team because I'm almost tempted to say, that the addition of this team to the Leeg is virtually a no-brainer.

Horrors. Mutations are one of the more mayhemful parts of the Blood Bowl game/universe. It's a pity that doubles access doesn't really allow them to shine through. I was hoping to fix that with the Horrors roster. After many incarnations, I think I've finally found away to do that. But it would require a fair bit of coding work on Christer's behalf. Thus I only really wanted to make a push for this roster if their was strong demand for the team. As for the specific roster, ideally I'd like to have some form of random mutation access which would fit in well with the mayhemful nature of the Leeg. The Spawn was included for completeness sake, I'm strongly leaning towards a fast ST3 Screamer as it's more Tzeentchian and comes less close to dupicating existing teams schticks (Fanatic and Pump Wagons). But again, this team requires a fair bit of playtesting (at higher TRs) and some behind the scenes work, thus I'd only considering making a big push for their addition, if there was a lot of support for the concept.

And lastly, I included Other, for Stunty Leeg haters and for those who despised all of my ideas.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Wartime ABCs

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo,
I understand that u want to work on something that u like. but if u want to do this why asking people? if i were u first i would ask people what THEY would like to see in stunty and THEN make a poll. Coz maybe it is more important what the majority would like to play with. i dont like when people go personal hunter or evo, evo or hunter. decide who is the allmighty demi god of stunty. what is the point?
and i understand that u wanna try to help people in making teams, but why u have to do the work? why cant we discuss teams in the forums...make changes...test play....make changes. What i want to say is maybe some (incuding me) would like to do more than vote in a poll. maybe if we work together in the forum we make less mistakes, just like skinks, snotlings...that needed to be redone.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

circus for me evo, takes stunty to where it should be
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Of the races mentioned here I would love to see the horrors and Circus added. The brays are simply too mean at the higher level. Mabey removing the Mino entirely would help this out.... but 8 general access guys without stunty (IE.... the ability to die quicker) would hurt. I am all for teams loading on WA don't get me wrong, just nix the general access or limit the number.

As for the *other* races mentioned, I think forest goblins and Lahmians are worthy additions. Notice how Eshin and Gnoblars seem to be left out....

Those two races are already on the race page and a bunch of us want to know when they will be available. They should be included immediately.

That would be a constructive use of Evo's abilities. Get the Gnobs and Eshins added to the stunty page. Mabey by 2006 we can see four or five more additions.

Peace,
__Synn
**Disclaimer: Lahmians were my creation
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2005 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Synn, Forest goblins are a worthwhile addition, unsure about lahmians, i think the problem with brays for me was that, if i remember correctly, the plan was for the hounds to have G access, something which frightens the hell out of me in my stunty mindset, naturally all the ideas could stand some playtesting and id be very interested to have a go at that some time, specially the circus team, who look something new.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
KingKurt

Post 20 Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I deleted this post, as only afterwards I read the comments of evo, that he didn't want proposals in this thread.
I start a new thread with the ogre childs,

sorry evo,

good work,

whatever you are going to implement, I am sure it will be fun.

Last edited by KingKurt on %b %13, %2005 - %01:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering the revised interpretation of your post Evo, I'd say spend your time on Circus or Horrors.

And those Ogre Childs need a bit of work. Possibly not the forum thread for this post.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted circus, as I love the idea of a team where everyone can throw everyone else around, regardless of how the roster turns out, even if the fluff is a bit of a stretch. I noticed earlier that both Eshin Adepts and Gnoblar teams have been added to the race list in the reference pages. Perhaps there isn't much need for your efforts to get these teams in. They look to be nearly in already.
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I just hate the idea of circus, the skills are fun and would be a great team to play. But it's just not Blood Bowl, and isn't in the spirit of Blood Bowl. Maybe if you could find a way to fit them into the GW universe somehow, but until then I just don't like it.

On the other hand Gnoblars would be by far the best fit. A team with ogres and fun abilities. Kind of like the Chaos Halflings. I'm not always looking for original and unique abilities because they'll be abused and I'm not out to powergame. I just want to stand behind a cool race and see what I can do. I'm not sure if the gnoblars even need tentacles, they can just be fodder for the cool ogreas to play with. I know tentacles represents their trapping abilities, but they don't really need it.

The eshin team seems cool too and very in flavor, but I'd like to see something more fun than pro on the assassin. It should be better than a gutter runner, even though it's stunty and a gutter runner would unbalance things a bit. It's not a bad idea to have straight linemen and one unit with an ability like the skinks, they're still a very effective team and still very popular. Just straight adepts and one with a gutter runners stats and pro, then reduce his armor down to 6. Or since Night runners are weaker than gutter runners, just call the adepts night runners, it would be even more in flavor. So night runners and an assassin, I like that a lot.

Bray needs some work, I still like the idea of tackle in stunty somewhere. The whole wild animal idea is already covered in Squig herders, and all that frenzy could make the game a bit too hectic.

I don't know if I'm being too critical of everything, but I'm just really into the GW fantasy setting and I like to see the flavor of that continued.
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The circus hasn't got strong enough fluff, yet you like the chaos halflings?

But... but...

Y'see, they really do have fluff issues, being as how halflings were genetically engineered to resist chaos...
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a comment on your guide:

Yeah, the mayhem is a lot of fun, but players really want mayhem directed at their opponent. So there's all kinds of crazy stuff going off everywhere, but I want to know that a team full of OFAB, wild animal, really stupid, ect.. aren't just going to make me lose every game. Stuff like ball and chain is random, but very effective when it works. Making a great team with a bunch of drawbacks really isn't that much fun. There's a reason that the two most popular and usually most effective teams seem to be the most disliked by the admins(I remember reading it and it's in your guide). Those being Chaos Halflings and Skink. Both pretty vanilla with almost no drawbacks if any, but people cling to them because they win, and players will always do that. If you're not winning you're usually not making money and not replacing players and that just isn't fun.

Just a comment, not a rant or a complaint or anything, but I'd like to see fun but still effective stunty teams.
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Jackbedead wrote:
Yeah, the mayhem is a lot of fun, but players really want mayhem directed at their opponent.

This is bit off for stunty, it might be true in ranked but stunty is trying to be the comic sidekick where you could and should enjoy mayhem happening on your own side too.
Curro

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ve voted for the Dark familiar team, but I think it needs 0-16 dark familiars, or they´ll play with just 14 players...

Circus would be my second vote if I could vote twice.
 Jump to: