20 coaches online • Server time: 10:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my struggling Orc team

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=582316

Some nice skills (although i need more Guard and Tackle) but my troll has just niggled after skilling up. (Pity - first time i have had a player with break tackle)

Do i ditch him now and buy a new one?
Use the money instead to replace my damaged BOB?
Keep them both for LOS duty and no Apo, and buy another lineman to make it 16 players?
Save for another reroll?

Cheers

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

maysrill

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You already have too many players for that TR with orcs. 14 would probably be plenty, and even with 13 I wouldn't panic. Fire and replace the troll. There's nothing special about him (just has 2 regular skills). Who knows, next troll may roll some doubles and become much cooler.

I'd also recommend Guard over MB as the first skill on your blitzers.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Elminster

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Play some basher and everything will go it's natural way. And fire the niggled troll
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Replace Troll.

All that MB isn't going to buy you wins on it's own, Guard causes CAS in it's own way. And also wins, which is nice. Smile
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, i figured i need more guard. This was my first orc team i set up and after a few games, my inexperience led me down the MB path. I then realised my mistake so played lots of academy games to gain experience etc. I'll run with this one but seek out bashy games to cull some of the deadwood.

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I shouldn't worry about it, there are some experienced coaches that load up on MB too. It's just such a random element in a game; some games it will work fantastically and you'll rip through the opposition, some games you won't roll anything on armour, and then you'll have no plan B. Guard always does Guard's job. Smile

Also, you get games with Guard. Wink
maysrill

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

All that MB isn't going to buy you wins on it's own, Guard causes CAS in it's own way. And also wins, which is nice. Smile

Actually, that's an interesting point. I actually played a match a while back between two dwarf teams (same thoughts apply for orcs) that were nearly identical except for skill selection, specifically all-guard (my team, including the slayers), versus a roughly 50/50 mix of Guard/MB (note: neither team had every player with these skills, it was maybe 2/3 of each team).

My point? The Guard team mauled the Guard/MB team due to a ton more 2db blocks being available. I even inflicted more casualties. If it had been all-Guard versus all-MB I expect that it would have been even more lopsided.

Skill flow chart:
Did you roll +ST? --->Yes: Take +ST
No: Do you have Block --->No: Take Block
Yes: Do yo have Guard ----> No:Can you take guard? --->Yes: Take Guard

This is the only section of the flow chart orcs need. Wink
Malmir

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I would change +str to + stat (with the exception of BOBs for whom just +str

maysrill wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

Actually, that's an interesting point. I actually played a match a while back between two dwarf teams (same thoughts apply for orcs) that were nearly identical except for skill selection, specifically all-guard (my team, including the slayers), versus a roughly 50/50 mix of Guard/MB (note: neither team had every player with these skills, it was maybe 2/3 of each team).

My point? The Guard team mauled the Guard/MB team due to a ton more 2db blocks being available. I even inflicted more casualties. If it had been all-Guard versus all-MB I expect that it would have been even more lopsided.

Skill flow chart:
Did you roll +ST? --->Yes: Take +ST
No: Do you have Block --->No: Take Block
Yes: Do yo have Guard ----> No:Can you take guard? --->Yes: Take Guard

This is the only section of the flow chart orcs need. Wink
maysrill

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2009 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
I would change +str to + stat (with the exception of BOBs for whom just +str

I will freely admit to oversimplification, and accept your amendment.

The basic point was "stop messing about with all this MB nonsense until you have all your Block/Guard sorted" Smile
 Jump to: