41 coaches online • Server time: 19:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which team would you choose to try and "unforlorn"?
Chaos Pact
7%
 7%  [ 10 ]
Goblin
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Halfling
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Human
15%
 15%  [ 21 ]
Khemri
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Lizardmen
16%
 16%  [ 23 ]
Necromantic
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Norse
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Slann
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Undead
9%
 9%  [ 13 ]
Underworld
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Vampire
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
Fools! You shall never succeed!
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Pie
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 138

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I sort of asked this question in a blog post a ways back and thought of posting it up here for comments.

My question is, which forlorn race would you choose to try and "unforlorn" and why? I suppose I am looking for things that could benefit them in this worthy quest and it may be useful to other coaches as well.

One point. I am not looking for "you need to be a great coach" kind of posts as that goes without saying! So, go for it. Will be interested to see if any consensus appears.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Are chaos pact forlorn? I thought they won a B tourney clw,mb po style?

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Of the options you have given, khemri would be the easiest i would have thought. just need to keep 3, at least, TG alive though it.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %25, %2014 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans as they are fun but frustrating to coach so I have had a few cracks at them. They are so flexible that with a few stat upgrades you can have a baller and basher with plenty of support, and come on its a major who isn't trying to get a few +stats in a squad.
As teams built for majors have to be able to take on all comers this gives humans an edge, as they struggle against more extreme teams as they cant do things to the extreme themselves.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The three that stand out for me are Human, Undead and Lizardman, but I voted for Human.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For the record< ogres, currently limited to 8 ogres max, will be forlorn from now on.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing that stands out on this list is that you have produced a list of all the teams that have AG3 or AG2, except for the Slann catchers, They do not have mass A or mass S access across the entire team (except for CP)

Thus the reason they are forlorn.

Khemri has come close, undead has come close. Necro and Humans have made some runs to the Semi final.

Of course the two exceptions I pointed out from above are Slann and Chaos Pact which just arrived with the new client. So they do not have a decade of futility under the belt yet.

Last edited by PainState on %b %25, %2014 - %21:%Apr; edited 3 times in total
RC

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans will always be behind the curve Sad

I believe Undead, Vamps, Necros and Norse to be competitive in CRP. Chaos pact are downright excellent.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow Pact are forlorn? Maybe I will play again!

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

How are humans forlorn exactly?? Maybe your definition of forlorn is different from mine.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
For the record< ogres, currently limited to 8 ogres max, will be forlorn from now on.

As the CRP-era is quite different from the LRB4-environment:

Wouldn't it make sense to reforlorn Amazon and High Elf as well?
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think pact won something with loads of cpomb, a b major. Humans lizardmen and undead need to win something desperately. But humans are the team that need to most. If they win anything it will be a miracle and you will truly go down in legend.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I chose Pact, too. If you ask me what I'd try to build an win a major with of those races, it's definitely pact. I just love the big guys and I think I can handle them alright. I know, that's probably not the build that will eventually win a major, but I'd love to see a pact team with all three big guys (and all renegades) finally taking home the first trophy for their race(s).

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres, halflings, goblins: So many weaknesses, got a few strengths too but not nearly enough.

Underworld and Norse: Great firepower and some decent speed/ball handling but not enough to save them in those games where AV7 fails.

Humans, no clear strengths, almost always manage to get under a lot of pressure, they always have a decent chance to get out of it but alas also fail too often. And they hate facing chaos.

Undead & Necro: Necro never seem to live up to the hype and they both suffer from super crappy 'on pitch' linemen syndrome.

Khemri: Huge strengths, big weaknesses. Don't like to face elfs, and have miniscule chances of ever making a comeback in a match but with unlimited patience and a little luck they can grind anyone down for the win.

Lizardmen: Another team with huge strengths, they don't really like claws and leaping ball hawks but they can always battle for the win with their great speed and power.

Vamps & Slann: Somewhat squishy and with central elements of randomness and luck but it can be controlled to a great extent by a strong coach and when they attack almost nobody can stop them.

So I vote for Vamps followed by Lizards/Slann/Khemri. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2014 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would try vampires. Alas I voted humans. For some reason i think it would be awesome to see a human team win a major.

On a different note: Nothing should be reforlorned(great word btw), since once a race won a major tourney they shouldn't be considered forlorn anymore, no matter the ruleset.

Khemri almost made it, it was just a matter of a coin toss, kinda sad.