20 coaches online • Server time: 03:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hitter or Ball Carrier
Hitter (MB/Tackle)
26%
 26%  [ 10 ]
Ball Carrier (Sure Hands)
73%
 73%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 38

huff

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This guy

This team

Gotta normal, question is, make him a hitter or ball carrier?
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Ball Carrier but it's a close call. In the end you have 5 other ST4 players for the trenches and any pestigor can be developed to do some damage on a ST4 Blitz to add to it. Since you lack a ball carrier and no other player can easily develop into as good of one as he can that's where I would go.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Carrier is always going to be my answer for a team theme like that!

Build all mens as carriers!

Join the Human League Premiership!
Fortis

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends how long you plan to develop the team for. It takes a lot more skills to develop a +stat hitter but the +stat ball carrier only really needs sure hands and maybe dodge to be at his best.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Baller, because you don't have one.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, +str ball carriers are a waste of tv, if they want to get the ball out they'll just pile in enough guys until they get it. If you want to spend that 50tv well you have to put him in a supporting/killer position, make him work for the team and get him to set off chain blocks when everyone's slogging it out in the middle, hold him a little back and get a pile up in the middle and use him to take out the edges so you can pull back to defend the carrier/ kill catchers while setting off more 2d blocks with the rest of your guys.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My first instinct on anything with Block, st4 is Guard... make him a supporter. Solidify your teams overall strengh to overpower your enemies.

Edit: Also I feel awkward that I agree with a guy who has almost no game experience, but Denzel is right. Everything he says speaks of great insight.

Edit2: Well ok.. maybe he is more of a screener than a cager..
Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Baller, because you don't have one.

Mmmm - no, that's why he ~needs~ a baller, not why ~this guy~ should be that.

+St Ballcarrier is nice, but +Ag or Blodge is nicer.

Howeverrr, it's also true that, until you have a Blodger, a +St is the best defense against Blitzes.

If you make him a ballcarrier, he will be awesome, But I ~think~ that even more awesome would be him in front of a Blodger. Confused

(And I KNOW it'd be better on Defense.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:

After getting bounced in consecutive majors by Wood Elves with Strip Ball Wardancers, I decided to defend myself against that. So I made Sesslith my ball carrier and I've never regretted it.

What you have isn't quite the same, but he's got potential. Every joe schmuck chaos player can become a killer, but a great (+ST) carrier is GOLD on a chaos/ nurgle team.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Good points to go either way, and the votes show a split as well. This one has me a lil perplexed. Keep in mind that the 3rd pest will fill whichever role this one doesn't take.

@Wreckage- Didn't really consider the support guard guy.. Suppose the plot thickens with that.

Dunenzed wrote:
Carrier is always going to be my answer for a team theme like that!

Build all mens as carriers!

Nice... Valid point.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well on a slightly more serious note, if you build him as a killer what is Rash going to do to earn his way? Wink

Mutation access can help mitigate not rolling up an +ag if you are only looking for one aspect of the agility boost (ball handling or dodging). Some teams seem to only ever get a couple of AG boosts over a couple of hundred games, so its risky holding out for an Ag pest that might not happen any time soon.

Doubles are a different story. I think he's young enough to take the punt that he'll get a double, and then you can have a ST4 blodging sure handed pest.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Denzel wrote:
Personally, +str ball carriers are a waste of tv

+1

Personally i dont like giving the ball to my strongest players on the field, I would rather my strongest players to be protecting the guy with the ball or making holes. As far as i understand nfl, the guy holding the ball is agile and small. The guy protecting him is on the large side?

But the again i think mass pile on is not really about being a good coach and winning consistently.

Oscar Wilde
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Smeat wrote:

After getting bounced in consecutive majors by Wood Elves with Strip Ball Wardancers, I decided to defend myself against that. So I made Sesslith my ball carrier and I've never regretted it.

What you have isn't quite the same, but he's got potential. Every joe schmuck chaos player can become a killer, but a great (+ST) carrier is GOLD on a chaos/ nurgle team.

If he rolls a double for dodge, it is becomes extremely frustrated to get the ball from. Two Heads/Extra Arms allow him to have normal access to the more useful benefits of +AG.

You have the warriors and the other prestigors for killing. The Warriors are also a lot better in a muck, with higher armor and foul appearance.

Last edited by notbobby125 on %b %09, %2014 - %00:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Make him both. S4 Block Surehands Tackle MB (Dodge).

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2014 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Suppose I could just go Tackle and put off the decision a little longer, figure it won't be a bad skill for either role, although Ill be missing sure hands for the foreseeable future.
 Jump to: