28 coaches online • Server time: 11:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Roster:

0-1 Dark Wizard 100k, 5-3-3-7 Coach, Leader, Throw Team Mate, Pro G
0-2 Gelatinous Cube 120k, 3-4-1-8 Regenerate, Stand Firm, Break Tackle, Big Hand G, S
0-2 Mimic 80k, 7-1-3-6 Dodge, Stunty, Dauntless, Extra Arms, Tentacles A, Ph
0-2 Stone Ooze 60k, 5-2-4-7 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Poisoned Dagger, No Hands A
0-2 Green Slime 50k, 4-2-4-7 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Piling On, Jump Up, No Hands A
0-12 Jelly 40k, 5-2-1-6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Break Tackle, Big Hand A, S

Team rerolls: None
Apothecary: None
Wizard: Yes

Fluff:
The local dungeon's resident evil mage becomes a big fan of bloodbowl, but his attempts to start a team fail due to all the orcs and goblins there already playing for their races own teams. Instead he chooses to try the mindless instinct driven denizens which he has managed to gain a mastery over, and enters the stunty leeg.

Unique points:
Well the obvious points are the extreme lack of rerolls (they are mindless and so impossible to train), the large number of 2+ pickups and dodges, and the good skill access. Big hand on the jellies and cubes represent their ability to pick up objects from just sticking in them, the wizards TTM a teleport spell of some description and the slimes and ooze are naturally hard to tackle when they are already crawling across the ground. Smile
Mimics can change shape, usually using tentacles to grab hold of their pray, hence the tents, extra arms, dauntless (changing shape to something alot bigger) and the physical access (learning to make new shapes). Green slimes get Pilling on + jump up to represent them engulfing their prey, and stone oozes naturally stun their opponent by touch.

Balance:
Played a few standalone games using a test roster against generally equal TR stunty sides, and the team didn't fair too badly for a blockless team. The cubes can be quite annoying if they get the ball, the mimics are very frail but powerful. With it so different from other stunty teams it will need quite some testing though... comments anyone?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks funny.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... a few ideas would be to drop the wizard, slow the mimic by one, and speed up the green slime by 1, and you have a good idea and a great team!

Z
Nemerus

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2004 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you could use the Dark Wizard as head coach for the team instead of dropping him. After all, that goo won't animate itself....
celas

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2004 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think AaB may have meant drop access to the wizard, not the positional player. At least that's what I hope he meant. I like the team the way it is except that having no rerolls would be tough.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

how to test these teams cause i cant just put em in a division
celas

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Brit: I am thinking of using the Jellies in a stunty playtesting league....I really think they need rerolls even if they were extremely high priced. Any thoughts on whether they should be at 70k or 80k?

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

where are my slaughterbeasts??
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I changed the roster, among other things giving them rerolls at 80k.

Also been working on some other stuff too...
celas

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you can edit the roster on the main page (above) if there are more changes. Or send it to me in a PM....?

We are planning on using a few new team concepts mixed with an equal amount of old team concepts and play out a season or two to see how they survive and function at higher ratings. We realize it is nothing official but it never hurts to have the data there once you present it to the stunty commishioner.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

All power to the Kitty campaign!
hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The teams looks pretty powerful as above, even without rerolls. When you get a chance, could you post your changes? Here are my thoughts and opinions on the current roster:
Quote:

0-1 Dark Wizard 100k, 5-3-3-7 Coach, Leader, Throw Team Mate, Pro G

A TTM-enabled player with AG 3 (and Pro) is pretty sweet to start with. It probably isn't too powerful, though, since it is only AV 7 and costs 100K.
Quote:

0-2 Gelatinous Cube 120k, 3-4-1-8 Regenerate, Stand Firm, Break Tackle, Big Hand G, S

Just add Sure Feet and these will be your primary ballcarriers... tie up the opponents' Big Guys with regenerating Jellies, and blitz your way to the end zone. Lose Break Tackle, if nothing else, and maybe then reduce the cost 10K.
Quote:

0-2 Mimic 80k, 7-1-3-6 Dodge, Stunty, Dauntless, Extra Arms, Tentacles A, Ph

These are pretty mobile ballcarriers, particularly with MV7. Nice to see that they don't have regen, though. Dauntless is probably a bit too much, though, considering you already have 2 ST 4 players and a ST 3 player (if played correctly, you could get quite a few 2d blocks, even against opposing Big Guys... this is fine except the team looks too good at scoring to also make them great at bashing).
Quote:

0-2 Stone Ooze 60k, 5-2-4-7 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Poisoned Dagger, No Hands A

Too mobile, especially for a powerful secret weapon. If you want to keep AG 4, lose Dodge and Stunty, otherwise reduce to AG 3 and lose Dodge.
Quote:

0-2 Green Slime 50k, 4-2-4-7 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Piling On, Jump Up, No Hands A

Again, these are too mobile. See above for suggestions.
Quote:

0-12 Jelly 40k, 5-2-1-6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate, Right Stuff, Break Tackle, Big Hand A, S

Big Hand is pretty powerful to start off with, especially with so many players. You might want to make a base player without Big Hand and then a positional player (other than your ST 4 guys) with it. If you take away Big Hand here, reduce the cost to 40K.
Quote:

Team rerolls: None

No rerolls would suck... personally, I rely on rerolls quite a bit. Smile I'm glad to see you added some.

Overall, the team looks pretty powerful as it is, especially with so much Regenerate and Big Hand, not to mention the AG 4 Dodge Stunty Poisoned Daggers. See if any of my suggestions make sense- I like the concept and will provide input as I can.

Let me know if you want to add it to the developing Stunty Leeg concept page, found HERE, once the roster is more hashed out to facilitate playtesting.

~hunter

Last edited by hunter on %b %28, %2006 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

At the request of Britnoth, this team has been declared ready for playtesting and included in the Stunty Compendium. It will be one of many Stunty Leeg conceptual teams featured in the upcoming league. See the linked thread for more information. Details of the league will be released in the 2nd week of March, with commencement shortly thereafter.

~hunter

Note: Britnoth has not yet sent me a .html file for the team... I will update the website as soon as he does. Also, I see that he has posted the team (with changes I believe) in another thread, so I may need to update the team on the site if the roster in this thread is not the final version.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

At the request of Britnoth, this team has been removed from the Stunty Compendium for now.

~hunter