37 coaches online • Server time: 15:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wizkid

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

LAME!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

DAMN YEAH!

lol!

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: I´m a bit off tonight...misread the topic....

But people have the right to feel the other way. Search for old topics about BG non-gen-acess. It has all been discussed.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

PISSDRUNX

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

super funnnnnnnnnn

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmm I do not understand. My mummys have acces to block?

;p
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I continue here the discussion with Duke:

My point of view is the following one:

The polls gave (as far as I remember) roughly a 50/50 results. But the polls are biased for 3 reasons:
-some votes just to vote(I admit I do it myself) and do not maybe think deeply to the question
-Just a few people take time here and the voter aren't representative for the community
-No test (long term or enough to reach TR 160-170) was done.

I expect also that people reacted at the time also against Peikko (2nd in poll of most hated people) and against the non changing rule. I assume that the ones that feel rejected reacts more than the satisfied one. I may be wrong though.

I just notice that:
-the group that you made Duke never growed big wich is: 1°maybe due to bad advertising 2)maybe due to an overreaction in the thread from nonG acces coaches who after all did not care that much
-the subject doesn't come up as often as before.

My opinion on the subject is the following one:
I like when the game in stunty goes on a cas fest. I like the game bloody. If all is about tactic and TZ of BG that are not really reliable, its just like normal playing but with more things failed. Stunty loose one part of his fun.

I played in a league and hadn't acces to G skills. I retired the team and recreated one with G skills. So I do not speak without ANY exeperience. I little experience but not a great one.

I think Peikko did the right choice. I think that if there were G acces Stunty and non G acces, the first group would be bigger AND I propose to make a poll about what is the best in stunty league. Maiming will IMO come out as a top result.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

at Evo:

Playing in a non G acces tournament with fun concept isn't an indicator that non G acces is funnier as having G acces
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm... Yes it is. Especially when you hear frequent comments from the participants who say "This is a whole heck of a lot more fun than playing in the Big Guy Slayfest League that is [S]tunty."

I can't think of anything more convincing than that. I (and the others) have played both. A significant number found non-general access a lot more fun. If you want to know the exact number, I suggest you poll those who played in that tournament.

So, I can tell you from experience, that non-general access Stunty games are a lot more fun than playing in a Big Guy League that happens to have stunty victims. IMHO that is a very big indicator that LRB Big Guys are a lot more fun than [S]layfest Big Guys. Now, I'd suggest that others give the experiment a try. If similar results were found, that would be an even stronger indicator that LRB Big Guys are much more fun.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mayhem Masters League (LRB Big Guys)

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

When Evo, Britnoth, and I agree on something... well that should say something... In fact no G access on BG in stunty is probably the only thing we would ever agree on.

This kind of alignment of a-holes only happens once every 666 years... so take advantage of this celestial cluster pluck and get this done Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

My point of view is the following one:

The polls gave (as far as I remember) roughly a 50/50 results. But the polls are biased for 3 reasons:
-some votes just to vote(I admit I do it myself) and do not maybe think deeply to the question
-Just a few people take time here and the voter aren't representative for the community
-No test (long term or enough to reach TR 160-170) was done.

Results were slightly in favour on no Gen access BG's on all threads, but I agree was not far away from 50/50 as I have mentioned in threads before.

Some vote just to vote - Maybe but there would be votes of this category in both the yes and no answer.

Does not represent the community - There is no place with a greater representation of the community

No tests were done - Agreed to a degree. Somewhere a league (not the group) was set-up, but i never got to see the results.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

I expect also that people reacted at the time also against Peikko (2nd in poll of most hated people) and against the non changing rule. I assume that the ones that feel rejected reacts more than the satisfied one. I may be wrong though.

I just notice that:
-the group that you made Duke never growed big wich is: 1°maybe due to bad advertising 2)maybe due to an overreaction in the thread from nonG acces coaches who after all did not care that much
-the subject doesn't come up as often as before.

Not sure about peoples thought's on Peikko, and don't think it has made a difference, I know he is Finnish and on occassion a slight language barrier (although he has good English) can make things sound harsher than they are meant.

The group was probably badly advertised, and becasue the style (non gen BG access) was not the norm, I think the teams in there had a little negative comment aimed at them from people looking for games, I know i did.

The descussion hasn;t come up much recently, because I think you will find many have just stopped playing Stunty, anyone know what the statistics are on games vs 6 or 9 months ago?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
My opinion on the subject is the following one:
I like when the game in stunty goes on a cas fest. I like the game bloody. If all is about tactic and TZ of BG that are not really reliable, its just like normal playing but with more things failed. Stunty loose one part of his fun.

I played in a league and hadn't acces to G skills. I retired the team and recreated one with G skills. So I do not speak without ANY exeperience. I little experience but not a great one.

I think Peikko did the right choice. I think that if there were G acces Stunty and non G acces, the first group would be bigger AND I propose to make a poll about what is the best in stunty league. Maiming will IMO come out as a top result.

I like Stunty where I am skilling up the little guys, not just 2 monsters, where the rest is fodder. They still die, they are stunties, but better they have a fair chance against another little guys, then just get fed to a Nurgle beast, just imo of course.

As for experience, I have played both, and have played Goblins in Ranked, which led to some fun games, especialy against other Halfings and GOblins (with non-Gen access)

Please do make the poll, the 2 I linked earlier had non-gen access prefered in both, your poll may come out differently.

I hope it does change, but do not hold out much hope. Anyway, with such a clear split in the 2 views, it would need 2 divisions to suit all, and although it would water things down a little, I still think it would be the best option for everyone.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It may also make it die due to halving number of actives coaches.

A poll DOESN'T represent the community. Hey guys you should understand that a 100 of votes is far from the whole community, a poll is biased cause it only take in account:
1-hardcore gamers
2-that are confortable in english

=>Bias
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

A poll DOESN'T represent the community. Hey guys you should understand that a 100 of votes is far from the whole community, a poll is biased cause it only take in account:
1-hardcore gamers
2-that are confortable in english

Where exactly would you find a better representation?
 Jump to: