44 coaches online • Server time: 13:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Strigoyan teams get more than one vampire lord?
No
63%
 63%  [ 26 ]
Yes
36%
 36%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 41

trialbyfire

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played a few games with my Strigoyan team and realizeded that one lord just isn't enough. Compared to most stunty which have at least 2 or 3 big guys this team is weak only being able to use one. Yes they really arent big guys but so what the have OFAB which i think is even worse because you end up eating your own players sometimes. Also some might say that the come stock with RSC but in reality id rather have mightyblow, its more versatile and you already get a plus 1 on harming id rather break more often and take my chances with the 9+ or 8+. So i'm asking what you think, does this need change or am i just a whiney baby?
celas

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be fun, but I think two lords would be two powerful. RSC is, imo, an advantage over MB in stunty leeg as you are more likely to break armor anyway with the low AVs in the league. Having two of them would be very powerful as they can use rerolls and one would be your designated killer and the other your designated thrower.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see where you are coming from but 2 lords would REALLY overpower the team.
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It would vastly detract from the fluff of the team as well.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

mutescreamer wrote:

yeah and that alone is enough for me to say no

you're forgetting that they have a total of 7 players being able to take G and S.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Strigs have problems playing against Gnomes ´cause they can´t beat their armour. MB would have been nice here.
The good thing about RSC is that when people go down, they stay down (occasionally)!!!

The Strigs could really need something special though. They have a nice lord and ok skill acces, but still....most other teams got lots of BG´s or secreat weapons etc...

AV 6 on the thrallings combined with the fact that they´re basicly "Dinner Transportable" makes them pretty weak in my opinion.

The OFAB on the Vamplings makes them a liability. Regeneration is nice in stunty and their G S A skill acces is very good. Still at 60k they´re expensive considering their lack of blocking- or special skills.

Just my personal opinion. I´m not whining or complaining just throwing up the ball. I´ll continue to play with them forever...simply love the image of undersized vamp weaklings (str. 2 is not quit Dracula like!!!!!) trying to make an impression in the eyes of their Lord.

"When the waning light has fled in horror before us and our desire is upon thee, welcome slavery well!!"
peikko

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

One small good thing for strigoyan-likers is that there will be new star player available to strigoyans after Wanna Be Stunty Star 2 is finished.
Greenfort

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Like that. Any hints??????

K, just tjecked the like. Is answers my question
Britnoth

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_QB wrote:
mutescreamer wrote:

you're forgetting that they have a total of 7 players being able to take G and S.

Where did you get 7 from? Strigoyan get 1 lord and 4 vamps... thats very poor considering 4 of those 5 players are av7 stunty that you cannot even save your apoth for.

All other TTM teams get 2-3 big guys to throw with... strigs 1 means that it is a constant target, and with av8 and no thick skull it is often taken out of the game with 1 block.

Lords are too easily taken out to be the only big guy, vamplings are too squishy to last many games and make use of their excellent skill access. You basicly pay 60k for a regenerating gobbo IMO. Up vampling armour to 8 and lord armour to 9 or 10, OR give them a 2nd lord. OFAB is the worst negatrait so makes up for starting with RSC.
Greenfort

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Completely agree with Britnoth. Lords and Vamplings should be able to survive a bit longer.

Don´t think the AV increase would upset the balance of Stunty ´cause it would take some time and SPP´s to make the vamps powerful.
Basic Gnomes got AV 8 and gobbos are very cheap when considering their AV 7.

Bombs have been the bane of my team in the past. AV 6 means that Thrallings get taken out and then the OFAB kicks in effectively resulting in Vamps getting "KO´d".

Despite all this I still feel that Strigs are stronger than say Pygmies. Then again could be me not being able to figure them out......

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_QB wrote:
mutescreamer wrote:

Fluff is what you make it!!!

I love to write stories and match reports for my team. I think that makes the game worth playing. The team doesn´t only evolve through the players skills and your team rating but also through their bios.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=134304

It´s only a power game if you let it become one.
 Jump to: