45 coaches online • Server time: 16:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Need snotlings a reinforcement?
Yes, give back the spore flingers
24%
 24%  [ 16 ]
Yes, give back the +ma for the pump wagons (and or mighty blow)
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
Yes, but they need only a light chance
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
No, snotlings are ideal balanced
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
No, snotlings are still overpowered
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Don't know
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Yes, give back both spore flingers and 6ma + mb pump wagons
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 65

Dominik

Post 13 Posted: Sep 03, 2005 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

As there were some polls and discussions last winter to reduce the snotling firepower, the final decision was to reduce mighty blow of the pump wagons, reduce their ma at 1 point AND clear their roster of spore flingers.

Now, many games later i can truly say, that snotlings are absolutely too weak.
They have probably the worst big guys of all (very stupid and ma4), pump wagons with no general access, which makes it at the beginning of every turn very thrilling. Confused
Just look at the cas. one pump wagon makes in a game. Normally its 0-1 (i had many games, where i rolled only 1 or 2 pows in the whole game for my pump wagons).
In addition their penalty roll is 8+, if i use both pump wagons in the 1st half time (which is recommend strongly as snotlings can only win when they have more players on the pitch than their opponent), you can be quite sure that you'll have to start the 2nd half without both pump wagons.
As the roster has a maximum of 15 players (1 slot free for the star player) and there is most of the time one player missing, snotlings tend to play the 2nd half with 10-11 players on the pitch.

The longer the speech, the less thought: Snotlings need their spore flingers back (or back the +ma).
Why?
Just look at this chart: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=race&nav=&order=8
Snotlings are the 3rd worst team in fumbbl and are only in the middle (6th pos. of 11 stunty races)concerning the casuality balance.

Any comments, suggestions and encouragements are welcome.
hunter

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2005 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

My personal opinion is that Spore Flingers are a lot of fun and really add to the depth of the team. I'll probably retire my team once my Flingers fail to regenerate. :/ Maybe only allow 1 per team, if the concern is that they are too powerful.

So, I'd like to see those back on the roster. ALSO, although I'd love it if my Pump Wagons were the spectacularly dangerous and inconsistent machines they once were (or had the potential to be), I can understand the need to nerf them a bit. HOWEVER, since they lost G access (a huge blow), 1 pt of MV (a significant blow), and Mighty Blow (another significant blow), the price should really be lowered. They are still 90K after all of those changes, which doesn't make sense to me. They still die just as often, you know, and saving up 90K isn't always easy. Razz

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2005 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly, Spore Flingers can keep you these ST2 Diving Tackle Stunties away from the smaller Snots, or you could use Spore Flingers to unlock Trolls, cause only Trolls can obstruckt a way.
celas

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah hunter, good point about the pump wagon. Compare it to the ball and chain goblin fanatic, who has 1 less point of MV but costs 40K less. That's a huge difference.

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings underpowered? http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=race&nav=&order=7
With str1 av5 players they are 6th best in cas difference statistics on stunty leeg. With nurglins and developed chaos hafling teams they are most dodged and feared opponents.
Sure while they have muscle they have weakness in what comes to playing ball if they just go bashing, but saying they need more bashing power is not something I understand.

If they would be balanced, they would need to be lowered in bashy ways and adding something to make them better on scoring, but that would make em more like every other team and take away the uniquess.
hunter

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I wouldn't argue that they are underpowered personally, just not as fun without the Spore Flingers.

Regardless, the changes to Pump Wagons significantly toned down their casualty potential, and I'm of the opinion that the cost should be reevaluated at some point.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2005 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings are weak, yes. But look at that chart again.
Halflings have taken TWICE as many casualties as snotlings.
Do snotlings need more power? NO!
Halflings does!

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey people, the Flings and Goblins in this chart in the lowest positions are the races playing in ranked etc. It seems like this is mixed of stunty & ranked Halflings & Goblins.
Of course will suffer Halflings probably more than twice the cas. than humans, chaos etc. do.
So, except of these two races, snotlings tend to be very fragile AND unable to play the ball in a reasonable manner.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

11 of 36 voters (2 don't know) think that Snotlings are ideal balanced or even too strong.
The rest (that's more than two third) have the opinion that there must be done something in view of the weakness of the Snotlings.
With the next Stunty update, i hope some valorizing changes will be implemented.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Now Peikko you ARE FORCED by this poll to change snot Laughing

Mwahhahahaaaaa

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If the majority thinks, that there has to be done something, why not do so?
Well, fumbbl is of course no democratic institution, but when the time has come to update Stunty's, snotlings "should" be reinforced.
peikko

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

They might be if someone would come up with good enough proposition but currently

1) Snotlings are extremely bashy team and do not need more bashing power.
2) Snotlings are so bashy team that adding more ball playing abilities would unbalance them badly, no team needs to be extremely good in both ways.
3) Snotlings are right now very unique team in stunty and it should stay that way, theres no need to make them more all-around team with large number of special players like pygmy or fairies.
4) Lowering cost of pump wagons would made them again more bashier, as they already have extremely cheap line-fodder.

Unlike some people will now think, Im not saying that if someone makes good suggestion that does not break these points Im not willing to nudge them to way or another.
One of the things that was thought earlier was about changing snotling trolls so that they would not have general access and add more ball playing abilities to team, but this would change the nature of snotlings compleately and leave big problem with grandfathered trolls.
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2005 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Pump wagons in Warhammer Fantasy have drivers who are prone to 'Fits of Giggles' Perhaps giving the Pump wagon Bonehead, along with either the extra movement or Mighty blow back might solve the problem. If it means they don't roll for collapse, all it's doing is simulating the fanatic staying in the spot.

Without the risk of getting hit (Ball and Chain), it lessens the bashyness slightly, while still leaving the player effective. Not sure how well the skills interact tho, thats the only problem.

I know i'd rather have no risk of collapsing every 6 turns and staying on pitch for one more if it meant i got my faster wagon, or my Mighty Blow without skill

Brad
supermagus

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I second snots being hit hard with the nerf bat, I buy Peikko's reasoning too though - maybe one solution could be to give the snots more MA, a bit cheaper pumpwagons and allow coupla more snotling heroes.
 Jump to: