59 coaches online • Server time: 19:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which team should I focus my energy on getting added to the Stunty Leeg?
Bray (wild pack)
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Circus (aerobatic acrobats)
26%
 26%  [ 23 ]
Clan Eshin (daggers of doom)
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Dark Familiar (horny-tailed imps)
10%
 10%  [ 9 ]
Gnoblars (terrifying trappers)
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Horrors (mini mutated monstrousities)
22%
 22%  [ 20 ]
Other
19%
 19%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 87

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've finished with the Necromiser's Nightmare. I have a couple of months until the next event. So, I have a bit of time on my hands. I was wondering which Experimental Team I should focus my energy on getting added to the Stunty Leeg.

Horrors Mini Mutants of Tzeentch
Code:
Quantity    Name     M    ST    AG    AV    Skills & Traits    Skill Access    Cost
0-16       Horror    5     2     3     7  Right Stuff, Stunty, Dodge    A, Ph* 40K
0-2 **      Screamer 7     3     4     8    Ball & Chain         S, Ph      80 K
0-2 **   Chaos Spawn 3     7     2     8      Ball & Chain      S, Ph    80K

Apothecary: Yes
* Horrors may take mutaions on a normal roll.
** May only choose 0-2 from Screamer or Chaos Spawn.
Wizard: Yes
Re-rolls: 50K

Fluff: Tzeentch... need I say more.
Unique: A return to a simple team design formula. Phyiscal access on a normal roll should result in some unique monstrousities.
Novel Playing Style: The screamer should provide some mayhem at low TRs, but once the team develops, an abundance of playing styles should be available.

Dark Familiar United Sorcerers' Familiar Legion
Quantity Name M ST AG AV Skills & Traits Skill Access Cost
0-12 Imp 5 2 3 6 Right Stuff, Stunty, Dodge, Horns, Prehensile Tail A 40K
0-2 Golem 3 5 1 10 Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate, Break Tackle, Big Guy, G, S 110K
Wizard: Yes
Re-rolls: 60K

Fluff: A strong GW background. Wizards have always played a prominent roll in the Blood Bowl universe. It only seems logical that wizards would be tempted to enter a team into the Stunty Leeg. The reference to a defunct pro football league is a bonus.
Unique: The imps by the use of two underused mutations to create a simple elegant roster where the emphasis is truly on the basic stunty "lineman" of the team.
Novel Playing Style: Prehensile tail and horns should create a interesting feel with the imps "pinning" the opposing stunties with their tails while another imp blitzes them with their horns.

Notes: I'd love to come up with a more novel and thematic Big Guy. I also think giving the team access to cheaper wizards could be a fluffy addition to the roster if it was easy to implement.

Bray Wild Pack (Not Ungor)
0-8 Bray 5 2 3 7 Right Stuff, Stunty, Dodge, Frenzy A 40K
0-8 Hound 7 2 3 7 Wild Animal, No Hands, Frenzy G, Ph 40 K
0-2 * Minotaur 5 5 2 8 Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Horns, Thick Skull, Always Hungry, Big Guy, Throw Team Mate, Wild Animal G, S, Ph 110K
0-2 * Centigor 6 4 1 8 Sprint, Sure Feet, Thick Skull, Frenzy, Really Stupid G, S, Ph 100K
* Note: May only choose 0-2 from Minotaur and Centigor.
Wizard: No
Re-rolls: 60K

Fluff: Bray are the small savage "bestmen" who skulk on the outskirts of the herd. The hounds are their natural companions.
Unique: A truly mixed team. The 0-8 limits on the hounds and bray guarantee this. Lots of players with No Hands and General Access (but no dodge) should help this team truly stand out.
Novel Playing Style: This team should truly play like a feral bashing team. All that Wild Animal and Frenzy should ensure a good deal of mayhem (along with G access on the Hounds).

Background: "Ungors are not as strong, tough or intelligents as the Gors. They are physically smaller and their horns are almost always less impressive and numerous. While Gors may have many horns, large and spectacular. Ungros usually have small tumps, not recognisable as those of a goat or any other type acknowledged by the Gors. Because of this they are not considered to be "proper" Beastmen by the Gors. Some unlucky Beastmen have no horns at all. These are called Brasy, and are looked upon with scorn even by the Ungors."

Circus Big Mayhem under the Big Top
0-12 Acrobat 6 2 3 6 Right Stuff, Dodge, Throw Team Mate A 40K
0-2 Juggler 5 2 3 7 Dump OffA, P40 K
0-1 Freak 5 3 2 8 Really Stupid, Foul Appearance G, S, Ph 60K
0-1 Strongman 4 5 1 8 Throw Team Mate, Thick Skull G, S 100K
Wizard: No
Re-rolls: 50K

Fluff: Circus troupes have become desperate due to the popularity of Blood Bowl. So desperate that many have join ed the Stunty Leeg in order to survive.
Unique: The only way I can see human playing in the Leeg. Small but not quite "stunty". Their aerobatic skills makes this team distinct, while not duplicating another team's schtick (that's why there is no human cannonball in this circus).
Novel Playing Style: A team with a "true" passing game. And with only 1 "Big Guy" this team should focus more on scoring than slaughter... a welcome addition to the Leeg.

Sorry for the ugly formating, if you want a better looking format, check out this link

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
History of the Development of Stunty Leeg Teams & Stunty Schticks

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %09, %2005 - %04:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Of the ones there, I dont know, I rate the eshin and the circus, I think forest goblins are a great idea, as are halfling proffessionals. Other than that ANY additions are welcome Smile variety being the spice of strife and all that. Main reasons for liking Fgobbos and Circus, both have a great and viable potential passing game, which breathes new life into what is ostensibly a dead conversation as regards stunty tactics. Gnomes are all well and good, but just doing things like removing stunty from a few teams passers/bombers would go a long way to reinvigorating stunty with new ideas.
My 2 3/4 cents...

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hiya,

I'd have to go Other, sorry. The Forest Goblins look like a lot of fun, and are leading the other polls at the moment.

EDIT: Also, the Khemrings are worth a look. Surprised

Patrician

Last edited by Patrician on %b %09, %2005 - %04:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

the horrors are nice, but seriously....i see every single first skill up being RSC....limiting it to doubles and tweaking the stats a hair, maybe MA6, would make them a lot more managable...

dark familiars have a good feel to them, and the horns/tails could be a very interesting flair in the leeg

circus....meh....it's a great idea, and well done....but it just feels like it doesn't fit within the GW genre...just imo

the bray look like the best well-rounded team, not a straightforward mook team, and requires a little bit of team management between the brays and the hounds to make sure you've got players to handle the ball...i'd put my money down on this one Smile

--j

ImageImage
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

the bray look lethal, a touch too lethal tbh, and after a few cas fests those hounds would have block takcle and claw or something hideous, 8 of em... nasty close up.they also dont have an av it seems Smile
Nah, i like the ideas, and the other teams all seem fine, but those brays look incredibly harsh once skilled up, 8 block and tackle in stunty would murder ANY team i could care to field...

Me Loves Futurama
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, in retrospect, 30 spp is a long way on cas alone, but hey, they still get block real quick, which scares the pants off my teams

Me Loves Futurama
Brad

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Definately the Circus - I love the Idea of Linemen with both RS AND TTM - wherever 2 people are, 1 can get somewhere else...

Throw Team Mate with strength 2 on the acrobats in circus? Is that a mistype or is that correct?
Wallace

Forest Gobbos get my vote. But most of these teams would be good as well, just not Khemringlings or whatever they are called, we don't need more ground'n'pound stunty teams!
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:

Notes: I'd love to come up with a more novel and thematic Big Guy.

Hmmm...well, what about having different types of Golems at 0-2 limit? I dunno...Iron Golems (Strong, Tough, Slow), Clay Golems (Cheaper, Strong but brittle), Quartz Golem (Fast, not as strong, Not as tough, more skills).

Other than that, what about some Summoned Daemon creature?

Hell Daemon - 5 - 5 - 3 - 8 - G, S, Ph - Frenzy, Leap (Wings), Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal, TTM - 140k

Claw would be fluffy, but too powerful.

Patrician
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to write a long response to the feedback. But I think I'll go write "Evo's Guide To Creating Stunty Leeg Teams". I think it's long overdue and I don't think the 2 links I posted below my first post are adequate.

But here's a short response none the less:

Re: Forest Goblins. I must give them credit on the Fluff criteria. It's so rare for people to create a Stunty Leeg Proposal that is consistent with the BloodBowl (WHFB) Universe but it looses points right away for the lack of connection between Forest Goblins and Pass & NOS. Sure they may arguably be interesting skills, but they have no connection to the player type. Then it creates faux pas #2, by duplicating and towering over existing teams' schticks (M6 shadowing vs Pygmies & Spider Rider vs Squig Hopper). Big time negative points on the Uniqueness front. That destroys amost all Novel Playing Styple points gained from trying to introduce a passing team into [S]. Compare that to a Circus Team which actually introduces a suitably mayhemful "passing" game into [S]. And the Stunty Leeg at its core is all about mayhem.

Re: Eshin and Gnoblars. I added these two to the poll because the designers were smart enough to ask one of the main designers of the Stunty Leeg for feedback on their teams. Thus they tend to fit in reasonably well with the existing [S] teams. It's always a good idea to get a sense of what guided the creation of what you seek to add to. And with that, I'm off to write my guide. Wink

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

edit: Linked to the draft of my guide.

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %09, %2005 - %09:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Lest those new to the site are misled, EvolveToAnarchism is not the Stunty Leeg coordinator, and has no official power over which teams are added to the Leeg. The list of teams provided are either those of his personal design or those which meet his personal criterion, which are not the same as those of the commish (Peikko).

Conspicuously absent from the list are many, many conceptual races put forth by the community. Some of these can be found in the Stunty Compendium, which houses teams deemed ready for playtesting by their creators and submitted to me for inclusion in a centralized location.

Real life has kept me mighty busy for a while, but I figure sometime in January I'll be ready to devote time again to FUMBBL and BB. At that time, I will compose my own thoughts on the Stunty Leeg, team creation guidelines, and recommendations for future directions. Notably, I am not the commish either, but have put a great deal of time and thought into the Stunty Leeg and have (IMO) educated arguments for my opinions.

I am eager to hear Evo's piece, and I encourage anyone else with a vested interest in the Leeg to compose their thoughts similarly.

Regards,
~hunter

Last edited by hunter on %b %28, %2006 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Im eager to see any addition to stunty that doesnt revolve around the bash to circumvent solution to every problem on the field, be that passing, or other, more interesting solutions, ala the circus idea. Hence the lack of need (altho votes dont agree) for Khemrings, cool as they may be, more G access blockdeath is not whats required(desired?) in my opinion anyhow.

Me Loves Futurama
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Lest those new to the site are misled, Hunter is not the Stunty Leeg coordinator, and has no official power over which teams are added to the Leeg nor is he a member of the FUMBBL staff. But Hunter seems to be holding some sort of grudge, after I thoroughly critiqued one of his teams for completely and utterly ignoring the principles that have guided the development of the Stunty Leeg. I on the other hand, am staff at FUMBBL, have been involved in the design of the overwhelming majority of the Stunty Leeg rosters and run the official Stunty Leeg Events.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Evo's Guide To Designing Stunty Leeg Teams (Draft)

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The draft Fluff section's informative, thanks Evo. Also, I second Furious George's comments that something other than a Bash team would be preferable.