44 coaches online • Server time: 19:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cusi

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnome team
gnomes are allies of dwarves and when dwarves heard that there was a all stunty bloodbowl league the dwarves bullied the gnomes into making 'em a team

0-16 Gnomes 4-2-3-7 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff Agility skill access 40,000 gps
0-2 Gnome Engineers 4-2-3-7 Chainsaw, Bombs, Agility skill acess 70,000 gps
0-2 Troll Slayers 5-3-2-8 Fenzy, Thick Skull, Dauntless Block General and Strength Skill access 90,000 gps
0-2 Dwarf Canon 1-2-3-9 Always Hungry, Really Stupid, Sure Hands, Blunderbuss, Throw Team Mate, Pass. Passing skill access 60,000 gps
rerolls 50,000 initial
apoth allowed

well this is the proposed gnome/dwarf team fer stunty leeg
it has tested well and is fairly matched against other stunty leeg teams
so, ideas likes, dislikes and what nots on this proposed team pls,

Thanks,
Cusi

Last edited by cusi on %b %20, %2003 - %03:%Jul; edited 3 times in total
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Having 6 players on the team have access to general skills does not a stunty team make. They don't get a big guy but they do have troll slayers which are cost wise one of the best palyers in bloodbowl and more importantly in this case be able to take down opposing big guys.
The Cannon is kinda neat though.
duderman

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

the only guys on a stunty team that should have access to general skills are the big guys IMO, plus the fact that gnomes already exist in the oberwald http://www.blood-bowl.net/JervisRules/Oberwald108S.html and although they have the skill stunty don't really belong in the stunty league either...
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

As has been said before when experimental rosters come up, go hash it out at talkbloodbowl.net

I agree that access to General Skills is not balanced.

Having a TS with no downside means you get to face off enemy Bigguys and act like a Bigguy vs stunties. Bigguys all have built in downsides, which in stunty play make them fun and infuriating. A TS would be like a bull in a china shop. (this is me not even mentioning a TS has BLOCK, notice how i didn't say a word...)

EDIT

oh yeah, 6 players with av9 in a stunty leeg team?!? are you on crack?

My 180+ snotling team would have trouble vs these guys right out of the box, i would love to see the .zips from your "test" match(es).
Cusi you know i love ya man, but you really need to get some sleep before you post stuff like this...
nachtmeister

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

and two regular players with a secret weapon ? no !
one starplayer with a chainsaw is O.K. - and surely enough
cusi

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

nachtmeister:
you havent been up to date on stunty leeg position guys with weapons are the norm
psiko buny i'll sure send you the .xls on the test matches or test them yourself...
the chainsaw guys are out on a 8+ on a regular roll so they probably wont be mainstays of any smart team
investing a lot of time developing them would be a waste in stunty leeeg td's are fast so they are usually off the field very quickly,
4 guys with av-9 2 have moves of 1 and the chainsaw guys gety off the pitch fast as above they are fun cause some carnage (which other stunty teams find well within their abilities to recipriocate with their weapons ppl)
the troll slayers in test matches havent proven to be too tough their frenzy can be used against them by other coaches so that their second block leads to 1 die or even 2 die against choice by a smart coach, they only have av-8 and test matches have show if the other stunty coach wishes to they can be taken out like any other big guy but the av-8 makes them a bit vulnerable and dauntless does fail some of the time.

I suggest you guys test themselves a couple of times before throwing these types of arguments up and pay closer attention to what you are discussing 8?) 4 with av-9 ad if you put a mv-1 cannon on the los which is expensive in stunty 60k your asking fer it to be knocked over and next to useless
http://plan.world-domination.org/fumbbl/starting_gnome_roster.htm
give 'em a tes run your selves please

Last edited by cusi on %b %17, %2003 - %08:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes are ok in stunty leeg. It's the silly Stunty League!
Chaos Flings, and Snots. Gnomes fit right in.
Moxy

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

They seem like a fun team to play in a stunty league I would have to agree with Wuhan on this.
Parlour

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they look good. Would like to try them out.
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. Go with it Smile

Drokmar
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2003 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I chatted with Cusi, and came up with a revised gnome team. I posted it in the other thread. Chainsaws are for carving turkey and should be the mainstay of the halflings. While gnomes are experts at pilfering from the dwarven armoury. Hopefully Skijunkie will implement bombs soon. Twisted Evil

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
Stunty A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T.
 Jump to: