43 coaches online • Server time: 15:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Faeries be added to the Stunty Division?
Yes, I've playtested them and they seem balanced.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Yes, I haven't played them but I like what I see.
47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Yes, but they need changes because they are way too powerful.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, but they are way too weak and need an upgrade.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
No, I hate the whole idea.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I don't care. Stunty is for people with stunted cerebral development.
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2003 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Fairies Revised Roster Faeries Test Roster

0-6 Pixies 7-1-3-6 Stunty, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Leap Ag 60K
0-12 Brownies 6-2-3-6 Stunty, Dodge Ag 40K
0-1 Treeman 2-6-1-10 Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Stand Firm, Big Guy, Take Root, Throw Team-Mate
Rerolls:70K
Apothecary:Yes

Faeiries Strengths: Fast (M7 & 6), Mobile (Leap & Hypno), Good Ball Handling (AG3 and Hypno)
Faeries Weaknesses: Frail (AV6), Little Muscle (Lots of ST1), 1 Big Guy (with Take Root), No TTM, No Secret Weapons
Fluffy-ness: I coud use some help on this one. I believe that fairies are mentioned in the Wood Elf army book, but I no longer have my copy of it. I'm not dead set on the names of the fairy types but pretty decisive on the feel of the 2 types. For fluff reasons, I'd reject any type of quickling but I am open to other ideas. I chose pixies because they bring up images of fragile enchanting fairies and brownies because I wanted a worker fairy for my linefairies but dropped gnomes because they are associated with dwarves in the old roleplay.

These guys need some major testing as I've tweaked the roster again to try and give them an even more distinctive feel: very fragile but incredibly annoying. I hope 6 pixies makes them very frustrating to play against and giving them just 1 BG makes them easier to smash up. I'd like to see them trying some end to end plays much like elves do in open. My main concern is that hypnotic gaze is too potent if 6 guys have it but it's not likely that the pixies will last for long with their ST1 but this is why I'd like to see some major testing of these guys. I've got a few ideas that I could use to tweak them some more if needed:
1. Slow the pixies down to M6
2. Drop the AV of the pixies to 5.
3. Give them a weenie BG like dryads.
4. Make the brownies more unique by ???
5. Give the brownies: Right Stuff to give them a TTM game.
6. Give them 2 Treemen
7. Allow them to take more pixies
8. Adding another faery type.

Options 1 to 3 can be used if they are too powerfull. Options 5 to 8 if they are too weak. And option 4 could be used for either but I'd need some suggestions.

Personally I'd love to give them more AV5 pixies but I'm not sure that would make for a very well balanced roster, or if people would want to play with such a roster. I know the team appears weak (but don't understimate the power of HG). I made them weak on purpose in order to be cautious. It's much easier to add power then to take it away.

Finally, I'd like to hear some informed comments. Please playtest them before commenting. Or at the very least mention the fact that your comments are not informed by any playtesting experience.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

"I look upon those who would deny others the right to urge and argue their position, however irksome and pernicious they may seem, as intellectual and moral cowards."
-William E. Borah
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2003 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe give them some players that start out with surehands? That will be - as with skinks - their major problem - skinks have the advantage of st2 though.

At the time being I think the team will get pretty much creamed, especially as the Treeman has a 50% chance of not showing up ... adding a second treeman might be an option (and they can ONLY choose treemen ... still a quite big chance neither of the two makes it to the game).

-Mnemon

Last edited by Mnemon on %b %25, %2003 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2003 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

No team apart from the Ogre team has more than 4 of a single type of positional player. So you may want to consider reducing Pixes to 0-4 which reduces the amount of H Gaze.

M

still disliked all round!
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2003 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizardmen have 6 sauri. (skinks are linemen)
Vampires have 6 vamps. (thralls are linemen)
Chaos Dwarves have 6 blockers. (hobbos are linemen, even though I know longbeards count as linemen, on this team...)

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2003 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As Mojo was so quick to figure out, I was basing the # of pixies off of those exact rosters. They probably need 2 treemen, but unless people playtest them, I'll probably ask that they start with 1 treeman and add another later if they seem to need it. I like the fact that treemen only show up for 75% of the match. That's this team's main weakness.

As for giving a position sure hands... my current preference would be to add a single fairy type with accurate (to cancel out stunty) but without access to passing skills. This would encourage them to play more like elves. My only problem was thinking of a fairy type to give this skill to.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
ExperiMENTAL rosters
Celebrian

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2003 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your idea of adding a faerie team to the stunty league, even though if you want them to play as elves at least some of them should probably have ag 4.
I haven't tested this team so I have no idea wether this will make them unbalanced or not. It's just my immediate thought.
As for names of other kinds of faeries, what do you say about sprites, nixies, sylphs, sidhe, blue-caps or moon dancers?
CptMofo

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2003 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Names:
Well I looked in the Woodelf army book and didnt find any Faeries..
I belive they are from Albion are they not?
But there are the Dryads, small treemen things, that can look human at times. They can take various forms..

I only skimmed through it and I wont promisse nothing but I didnt find no Faeries.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2003 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

you're making them weak on purpose, i can see that. but giving them only 1 tree may be taking it a bit far. really, who plays w/ trees? the majority of halfling teams i see are taking 2 ogres, because they're far superior, and even if they fail a few bonehead rolls, at least they're on the pitch. this may not be as much of a problem if take root is changed, but itll be quite a while before we find out. so i would most definitely consider giving them access to 2 (smaller?) big guys, like the dryads you mentioned. hopefully, ill be able to whip up a team and get a few games in sometime this weekend. stupid gf...

slackman42
 Jump to: