45 coaches online • Server time: 19:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

1 LordFling 6 3 4 7 Stunty, Razors, Leap, Hypnogaze, Regenerate, Undead, OFaB 90k G S A
1-6 Vampflings 5 2 4 7 Stunty, Razors, Hypnogaze, Regenerate, Undead, OFaB 60k G S A
1-11 Thrallflings 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty 30k A

Mighty Vampflings to stunty!

Bonus: razors, ag4 on vamps and lord.
Negative: underpowered with no big guys, no dodge on vamps+lord, no weapons.

Ok, theyre really a beta yet, theres maybe somethign to be fixed but this is the start Smile

Roster is now changed after game testing

Last edited by peikko on %b %01, %2003 - %21:%Aug; edited 5 times in total
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, if you vote no or for change, tell WHY.
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

no regen on thrall flings and they should have access to agility only

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i vote yes.. after some changes on test game they was pretty funny ... they tend to go to KO quickly... if they are lucky on regenerate they tend to go to BH SI and Kill less often.. also vampiresfling with RSC drawback is they will "eat" 1-3 they own tralls i was short on end of tralls because of this... the good point is they will accumulate a reasonable amount of spp.. ( if they will be lucky on regenerations Smile and vampfling with some strength skill and dodge will be nice replacement for a big guys.. also cusi offered to remove a regeneration and undead from tralls and give them apoth.. this seems quite reasonable ... the match was fun to play as it should be on stunty league
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 20:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The vampflings need off for a bite Smile

-- Christer
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

We paleyd the test rowster with ofab on all the lil vamps a lot of fun they ate their own thralls a bit 8?)

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

lol great team, but i think it should be mandatory new pictures for them (based on a mix of christopher lee, and a halfling). Laughing
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

Awesome pic, BadMrMojo.

Should be added as the default pic for Vampflings asap. Smile

Last edited by gorritakid on %b %01, %2003 - %21:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 21:50
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Should the lord really have off for a bite? He should also be freeboot only and have block/dodge Wink
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, ya wanted my objections to this team so here goes:

1) I like fluffy teams. That is teams that could belong in the GW universe. It's the same reason I dislike the chaos halflings. Because once you open the door to teams like this it's not too difficult to accept such ridiculous teams like Oozes. But with that said, I think this team is definitely fluffier than the chaos halflings. Even with that said that's not my main objection to the team. Even though they are ridiculous (or probably because they are ridiculous), I still like the idea a little bit.

2) They resemble the Faeries too much. Hypnotic Gaze is their schtick and the Vamplings duplicate this with the only difference being OFaB. I like OFaB because it fits into the stunty atmosphere of unpredictability. A nice addition but I'm reluctant because it duplicates another team which was the one thing I tried not to do with any team I was designing.

3) AG4 and stunty. A cardinal rule of stunty team design (for me) was never ever give stunties AG4. Combine that with dodge, which they will inevitably get, and they become too mobile especially with hypno thrown in. Not to say I wasn't tempted to put some AG4 on some of my teams but I felt it would break stunty, but maybe playtesting will prove me wrong.

4) Access to G on Vampflings breaks another cardinal rule of stunty. Not only will the team be mobile enough to avoid most BGs with ease, 6 players will be able to have block and tackle later on. Not that this is guaranteed as the team will have lots of tough skill choices to make but when testing this team, you have to look at the long term development of thist team.

5) The regular halfling should probably cost the same as normal halflings (30K). I haven't played with the new OFaB yet, but I don't see the need to charge a premium on the players you might be constantly replacing.

6) I don't see why halflings should lose dodge when they become vampires. Definitely change "razor" to "fangs" as befitting a vampire. If you didn't want to stomp all over the faeries schtick, you could drop hypnotic gaze and give them dodge but I don't know if fangs is enough to capture the essence of vampires. I'm stuck for ideas on how to make the vampflings unique without making them too potent.

7) Player turnover. With OFaB taking out the halflings and the opponents taking out even more of them, is this team viable in the long run? They look like a fun gimmicky team, but will they just become a team of 6 really cool vampflings and chronicly niggling halflings?

I have lots of objections but I still like the idea a whole heck of alot more then oozes. So, I guess I should make some suggestions.

1) If OFaB, results in too many dead halflings you might want to limit them to 0-4. Which might resolve a couple of my issues: too much like the faeries and too many potent stunties.

2) Play up the vampire/necromantic nature of the team. A few other ideas for player names: ghoulings, wolves, banshees, wightlings, etc.

3) Adjust the vampflings. They seem like they have too much potential for stunty. AG4 alone makes them great.

4) Adjust the faeries to make them more unique. The team wasn't ready to be implemented when it was. I was still trying to think of some way to make the brownies more unique and I thought giving them sidestep (and a cost increase) might do the trick. My other suggestion was to give them 0-12 access to both brownies and pixies. But I never got a chance to playtest these ideas.

All in all they look like a fun team but will probably have major issues as they develop. Team development and AG4 probably are the major areas of concern for this roster as it stands.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
Xaos

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a lot of fun, and the lack of monsters keeps them from being too overpowered. I'd lose the razors though or you're going to be going through a lot of thralls really quickly.
In exchange, give their big star a break, give him block/dodge and lose OfaB for the lordfling only. I think he should be a regular part of the team though, otherwise they're going to get slaughtered, even if the vamps do have access to a ton of skills. Might want to limit it to either strength or general though, they're vamps, sure, but they're still flings.
cusi

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

1 LordFling 5 4 4 8 Razors, Hypnogaze, Regenerate, Undead, 90k G S A
1-6 Vampflings 5 2 3 7 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff, Razors, Hypnogaze, Regenerate, Undead, OFaB 50k A
1-11 Thrallflings 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff 30k A
olivers

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

1 LordFling 5 4 4 8 Razors, Hypnogaze, Regenerate, Undead, 90k G S A

All that for 90K, what are we a charity?
 Jump to: