39 coaches online • Server time: 00:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of the More Mayhem Version of the Horrors ?
Love them! Implement them right away!
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Looks good, but playtest them some more before adding them.
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Liked the old version better.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Like the idea but they are too potent.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Like the idea but they are too weak.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I hate the idea! Return them to the warp!
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
I think stunty should be abolished.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yet another series of changes. I upped the Stunty Mayhem Factor a bunch. I gave all the Horrors Bonehead which should add a fun chaotic mix to this team. Daemons apparently have a hard time figuring out how this BB game works, none the less Tzeentch has some myserious reason for sending the Horrors to the pitch.

Here's the revised roster followed by some comments on each of the Horrors:

0-12 Indigo Horror M5 ST2 AG3 AV6 Bonehead, Stunty, Pro AG,PH 40K
0-2 Violet Horror M6 ST2 AG3 AV6 Bonehead, Stunty, Extra Arms AG,PH 50K
0-2 Cyan Horror M5 ST2 AG2 AV6 Bonehead, Stunty, Big Hand AG,PH 50K
0-2 Scarlet Horror M4 ST3 AG1 AV8 Really Stupid, Stunty, Tentacles, Thick Skull AG,ST,PH 80K
0-2 Azure Horror M6 ST2 AG2 AV7 Bonehead, Stunty, Claws AG, PH 50K
0-2 Chaos Spawn M3 ST5 AG1 AV9 Big Guy, Ball & Chain, Claw, Regeneration, Pro G, PH, ST 90K
Apothecary: Yes
Rerolls: 70K

0-12 Indigo Horror M5 ST2 AG3 AV6 Bonehead, Stunty, Pro AG,PH
One positive (pro), two negatives (no dodge and bonehead) and halfling stats should balance these guys out to make them weaker than most stunties but probably will be equal when they get dodge on their first skill. With 10 positional horrors, you probably won't see teams loaded with many of these guys.

0-2 Violet Horror M6 ST2 AG3 AV6 Bonehead, Stunty, Extra Arms AG,PH
Again one positive for two negatives. Extra arms has got to be one of the weakest and least chosen mutations. It'll take 2 advances before they become good if unreliable catchers.

0-2 Cyan Horror M5 ST2 AG2 AV6 Bonehead, Stunty, Big Hand AG,PH
One good positive (Big Hands) for three negatives (No Dodge, Bonehead, AG2). 3 for 1 may be too tough, but I was thinking of giving them pass. I had another variation in mind, M4 and AG3 (definitely without pass) but I thought AG2 would stop people from whining about Big Hand being too potent and would make giving them pass a more reasonable option.

0-2 Scarlet Horror M4 ST3 AG1 AV8 Really Stupid, Stunty, Tentacles, Thick Skull AG,ST,PH
4 positives (ST3, AV8, Tentacles, Thick Skull) for 4 negatives (M4, AG1, No Dodge, Really Stupid), isn't as harsh as the other positional horrors but this is to make up for their weak Spawn but Really Stupid is a counterbalancing measure. I had to give these guys access to anothter category because you need at least a choice of 7 skills for it to not break the skill generating algorithm. As the Spawn are secret weapons, the natural tendency was to give them G rather than AG access but no G access should prevent these guys from turning into big nasty monsters, just unreliable pests.

0-2 Azure Horror M6 ST2 AG2 AV7 Bonehead, Stunty, Claws AG, PH
One positive (Claw) for 3 negatives (AG2, Bonehead, No Dodge) is a little harsh, but they get goblin M6 and AV7 rather than the halfling M5 AV6 of the Indigo Horrors. This also leaves the door open for giving them access to ST.

0-2 Chaos Spawn M3 ST5 AG1 AV9 Big Guy, Ball & Chain, Claw, Regeneration, Pro G, PH, ST
A slower (M3) and weaker (ST5) fanatic with with Claw. Regeneration and Pro could put them on par with other BGs if you get lucky. They have a very limitied upside as they shouldn't be getting many SPP unlike other teams BGs. Perhaps they are too weak, but they definitely are a Stunty Mayhem Feature.

Basically, I charged a 10 K premium on all the positional horrors (as I think there weaknesses more then compensate for their mutations). The Scarlet Horror being the exception.

Overall, I think this revised roster may be on the weak side. But with good game design, it's probably best to start with teams being too weak then too strong. It's much easier to give them a boost (the access to Pass and Strength that I was mentioning above for example) then it is to weaken them.

Any feedback is much appreciated especially if it's backed up by playtesting.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

boneheaded horrors makes no sense - plus they will be worse than any other stunty team
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

sourwyrm wrote:
boneheaded horrors makes no sense - plus they will be worse than any other stunty team

Boneheaded Horrors makes a lot of sense. Pluck a daemon from the Warp and toss him down on the Blood Bowl pitch. Do you expect him to grasp the intricacies of Blood Bowl? As my intro stated, Tzeentch has some mysterious plans for these gibbering horrors but they just have the brains of simple daemons. Tzeentch directs them (thus Pro on the Indigo Horrors) but he's a busy fellow. So, occassionally they must resort to using their own damonic brains.

Or if you don't like that justification... call it daemonic instability.

As for them being worse than other teams. Lots of people seem to think giving them mutations to start makes them incredibly powerful. But my main response to this concern is that it's STUNTY; it's not about winning but enjoying the mayhem!

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2003 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I just updated my Stunty Leeg Experimental Roster Site. I'd really appreciate any help in playtesting these rosters. If you see me on IRC and want to try out a new roster let me know, and I'll gladly play. But as always feel free to playtest them with your friends.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom

P.S. Mr-Klipp when are you going to add Squigs to the Cheaters roster? I really do think they could use some help.