28 coaches online • Server time: 06:56
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Never Going to Stop!...goto Post NBFL- Destroit Lynel...goto Post NCBB Season 34
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
darkwing2k6



Joined: Jun 28, 2007

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2016 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wonder if someone knows the answer to this but i am sure that i read somewhere that after the site switched from HTML to BBCode the restriction on the amount of character/code lines has been removed?

Im sure that the old html based team/player bio pages had a restriction to specific number of coding lines.

Im working on a page for a league i am in and think i might need something like 100 small tables- 9 lines of code in each one. Still not sure if that is my finalised idea but if there is a limit on coding lines that will affect the direction that the page layout takes.
ramchop



Joined: Oct 12, 2013

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2016 - 07:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This Notes page for SWL records has over 5000 lines of code. I think you'll be OK Smile
Balle2000



Joined: Sep 25, 2008

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2016 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

darkwing2k6 wrote:
Wonder if someone knows the answer to this but i am sure that i read somewhere that after the site switched from HTML to BBCode the restriction on the amount of character/code lines has been removed?

Not right away, but the character limit on group pages and bios was upped to that of notes sometime last year. Which means its now the same for notes/groups/bios. It's so high that it's practically removed.
darkwing2k6



Joined: Jun 28, 2007

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2016 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Pefrect, thanks for the replies Smile
finsterface



Joined: Apr 29, 2012

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

hi,

I've searched the forums (i.e. bio place below logo, etc.) and googled for placement in bb-code, but couldn't come up with how to place a table or block *below* the team-logo.

Alternatively (and preferably for this team), is it possible to have a team-logo, but *not* have it shown on the team's bio?

This is the team-bio, i'm working on, btw.
ArrestedDevelopment



Joined: Sep 14, 2015

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't do either of those. The team logo is fixed in position to the left.

_________________
Image
finsterface



Joined: Apr 29, 2012

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
You can't do either of those. The team logo is fixed in position to the left.


Hmm, thx for clarifying.
So what do people do with wide tables or similar content?
I tend to have huge logos as I like to fill my whole half of the pitch with them - the logo is large on the bio therefore, as well...

(I guess with all the awesome bios that I've seen with interactive show-hiding of content, etc., I can't imagine not being able to hide the logo - maybe even as a result of an interaction / pressing a button?)
garyt1



Joined: Mar 12, 2011

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be great to have the table below. As otherwise you get a long table only on the right side, like in this case.
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=668843

_________________
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
finsterface



Joined: Apr 29, 2012

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2019 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
It would be great to have the table below. As otherwise you get a long table only on the right side, like in this case.
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=668843


Hmmm, ok, will try redesigning tables, then. Guess I'm a bit of a geek, wanting to fit *everything* into one comprehensive table. Razz
ArrestedDevelopment



Joined: Sep 14, 2015

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2019 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

finsterface wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
You can't do either of those. The team logo is fixed in position to the left.


Hmm, thx for clarifying.
So what do people do with wide tables or similar content?
I tend to have huge logos as I like to fill my whole half of the pitch with them - the logo is large on the bio therefore, as well...

(I guess with all the awesome bios that I've seen with interactive show-hiding of content, etc., I can't imagine not being able to hide the logo - maybe even as a result of an interaction / pressing a button?)



Smaller logos tbh.

I hate large logos myself, so not really a problem for me. You can also use switches to hide the tables initially so your bio doesn't look too busy.

_________________
Image
Balle2000



Joined: Sep 25, 2008

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2020 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought I might share the team bio template I've made in this thread:

https://fumbbl.com/note/Balle2000/bbcode
garyt1



Joined: Mar 12, 2011

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2020 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work Balle!

_________________
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic