13 coaches online • Server time: 05:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Ref

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Three random pitch related questions

1. Would it be possible to make a pitch with 2square deep endzones?

2. Would it be possible to make death zone pitches and have 4 teams attend?

3. Is it possible to make beach bowl and street bowl pitches?
jdm

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Not on FUMBBL at the moment

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i know death zone pitches, beach bowl and street bowl, but why would you need a 2 sqaure deep endzone?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it would slightly affect how you have to protect a stall near the endzone? With more space for opponents to come around via the endzone.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2020 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

wallenstein wrote:
i know death zone pitches, beach bowl and street bowl, but why would you need a 2 sqaure deep endzone?

Think it was 2 ez's in an early version of blood bowl, and canada use deeper endzones for their canadian football league.

Would probably not matter much in blood bowl, except for maybe a bit easier to blitz stalling ballcarriers and getting out of TZ's for catchers.. maybe..
Kam

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2020 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

When I read Canadian Endzones I thought it was about failing GFI on 3+ (Ice) when trying to score...

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2020 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm….deep endzone would actually limit stalling potential. 2 square deep would not change it a lot, but a 5 square deep would have dramatic effect in my view. I dont think this would ever happen here, just saying this is something i have never thought about, and an easy fix for local TT leagues where stalling is frowned upon.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

my polystyrene astrogranite pitch is two squares deep with some lovely endzone logos as well
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

How does a deeper endzone limit stalling potential?
mekutata

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

I'd guess most stalling includes screening opponents off from reaching the ballcarrier. If there is more space that needs to be blocked off this could become harder.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

I suppose I could make a philosophical argument against it.
stej

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Might make a passing play slightly more viable as you can stand a receiver in the endzone without him being instantly surfed
bghandras

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The lose cage would mean baller next to goal line, then the loose cage corner 2 squares deep into the endzone. If there are 3 more squares, then it is feasible to move defenders into that gap without immediate surfing threat, which gives a chance to push back the cage. All theory, it may or may not work on a game by game basis, but it would mean more options for the defense.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I am guessing the OP was mostly interested from a thematic game variation point of view rather than stalling tactics. If you wanted to make stalling harder the way to do it would be to make the ball harder to protect. Like when you are trying to protect a skink from a Tackle-Strip Ball wardancer. Giving the ball carrier -1ST to represent the hinderance of holding the ball could be a start.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Endzone wrote:
Giving the ball carrier -1ST to represent the hinderance of holding the ball could be a start.

I like this idea. I always thought that the ball should give some malus to the ball carrier.
It would make for example easier to sack Bull Centaurs.
Extra Arms players should be immune from the -ST malus, because they can use one hand to carry the ball and two to block opponents/defend themselves.
 Jump to: