29 coaches online • Server time: 07:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2020 - 04:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

oops, forgot R5. Placeholder

Last edited by ramchop on Jul 18, 2020 - 09:12; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2020 - 09:12
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Premier League LXXXII
Game 6: BeefyGoodness's Chaos "More Food for Thawt"Image

Let's get clinical. Something I heard in Throweck and co's podcast recently really struck me.

ArrestedDevelopment: "but I saw his stream and saw him react exactly the same way to a win and then also exactly the same way to what we would probably call a hard core dicing.
...and that was kind of a trigger for me to be like ok yeah, you can adopt this and it'll probably help your game"

#38 ~ 59min

I hit a low point in Prem on my last visit here and I had been determined to not get so emotionally involved this time around. Paragon of good sportsmanship, and let the hits not affect me so much.

While I don't claim to have reached anywhere near that level of Zen this season, I do feel I have been playing substantially better. The thing is though, it hasn't been as fun. I've had wins over the two teams most likely to win Season 82, and I've suffered plenty of casualties. The highs haven't felt so high, the lows not so low.

I guess one of the reasons I play Blood Bowl is because I do get emotionally invested. I don't want to get mere satisfaction out a job well done. I want to celebrate. And if (as what happened in the weekend's TT tounrnament) I find myself shouting in a crowded room "Skitter you C#$T!", then so be it. I don't want to be a robot.

... so, third place on the table. In with a real shot at taking the Prem Title. Up against Beefy's Chaos for the 4th season in a row, how did it go....?

Chocolate Fish dead. That hurts. It really hurts. And it's fantastic!
I want my Zen robot back - sob

Final Score 0-2 (0/0/0 - 2/3/1)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 04:18
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Premier League LXXXII
Game 7: Rabid_Bogscum's Lizardmen "Cold Rock"Image

A lot riding on this one. Though out of the running for the Prem title, there's still a chance at a top 3 finish and qualification for the top tier again next season. Lose or draw though, and it's back down to confs.

Big lizards! All the sauruses have block and more. Big lizards mean big inducements: merc treeman, bloodweiser babe and a wizard.

Yes a wizard. The new Zap! spell is perfect for skinks. Turn the ball carrier into a frog on a 2+ and then squish him. However, Rabid has 2x St3 skinks. Guess it'll have to be a fireball then...

Final Score 3-1 (1/0/0 - 0/0/1)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2020 - 11:57
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Premier League LXXXIII

Back to back seasons in Prem. The first time I've managed that.

With the mighty S4 Chocolate Fish dead, the rebuy was easy. We've even got a bench. I wonder how long that'll last.

Who stands in the way this time?
Image Didgeridead 1750k (1/1/2)
Image Lab Rat Elysium 1640k (1/0/3)
Image Flack Ork Flockers 1660k (-/-/-)
Image Bronzed Raiders 1580k (1/1/1)
ImageCult of the Firedrake 1720k (-/-/-)
ImageDruchii Dynasty 1640k (-/-/-)
Image Waaaaghton Redskins 1150k (3/1/0)

Bravado has to wait until the last round until we face a team we've got a winning record against. That doesn't look good. How about recent form? (most recent games against each):

WW-W--W

I like the look of that. Bring it on!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2020 - 04:57
FUMBBL Staff

Game 1: Balle2000's Khemri "Didgeridead"Image

Bravado suffered 5 deaths last season. Up against a big Rock team first up this time and the wood elves were a nervous crew.

Rookie wardancer Glee Strawberry had a magnificent debut. First action of the game she took out a mighty blow blitzra (failed regen) - poor Pooroogooroo doesn't even feature on the match report.

Wood elves scored Turn 6.

Endzone to endzone is a long way to travel in the rain. Nearly legend Niabatteroo didn't even try. He used kick off return to get next to the ball, then had a wee break for the next two turns.

Skelly GFI fails, made things that bit easier for the lovely Glee

Half time 2-0

The second half was all Khemri. Wizard fizzled. Elves evaporated. Ball refused to be collected in the rain.

Legend Nibatteroo made his T16 move at a second TD to tie the match... Blitz
2D hit, need to knock over the line elf Image Image
6+ Pickup [6] uh-oh
4+ dodge [2] phew
3+ dodge he's down it doesn't matter
2+ gfi Bravado have already won

Glee Strawberry, 3 cas and a TD. Who needs a stat freak wardancer anyway?

Final Score 2-1 (3/1/1 - 1/2/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2020 - 11:44
FUMBBL Staff

Game 2: D_Arquebus's Skaven "Lab Rat Elysium"Image

Glee Strawberry, the darling of Round 1 with 3 casualties and a touchdown. Out of the blocks in Round 2 with another cas.

She could do no wrong. Except she can. Start of Turn 7
Image Image
rr
Image Image

Whole team out of position, it was up to the veteran Volos to stop the touchdown.

0-1 quickly became 0-2 when Glee let herself get tagged by a dauntless gutter runner
rr

Consolation touchdown for Glee, but she still has much to learn.

Final Score 1-2 (3/1/0 - 3/0/0)
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2020 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

@Glee Strawberry: We will watch your career with great interest.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2020 - 05:19
FUMBBL Staff

Game 3: JamesDSF's Orc "Flack Ork Flockers"Image

Oh no! Another blog post missed. Maybe I'll get back to it in the season break. I think that's 4 or 5 I've missed now.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2020 - 05:22
FUMBBL Staff

Capital Shield VII

Bravado headed back from the Southern Wastes for a weekend tournament on home soil.

A while back I did a streak of tournaments with Wood Elves, refusing to play anything else until I won one. And I did, on my 6th attempt a tiny one-dayer (8 coaches). This freed me up to play other teams (including Slann at the Word Cup).

However, with the Australasian State Champs put back a year by Covid, I did feel a need to cement my place on the NZ team. So Bravado had another crack at the Capital Shield in Wellington.

If you lack confidence in your tree, bring a giant Shroom.

Things not quite back to normal the field was reduced to 16 coaches. But being a 2-dayer, this was big enough for a NAF trophy (Bravdo's last victory was not):

Game 1: Happy_Amateur's first ever tabletop tournament. Actually his first ever tabletop match! A T16 leap over a screen to victory was needed. 2-1
Game 2: opulis's Ogres. A ridiculous T8 TTM one turner, was followed by an epic Ogre T16 boneheadorama. It's not often a draw feels like a win against Ogres, but this one did. 1-1
Game 3: Deon's Undead. Smashed them off the park. 3-0
Game 4: Sandune's Halfings. Top table, Sandune had played 3 rounds and not let in a single touchdown. Wood Elves would see to that. 3-0
Game 5: OrcCleaver's Orcs. On T16 an Orc with hypnogaze (7 deadly sins ruleset, this one was Lust) allowed a blitz on the ball carrier. A leap was needed to get the victory. 2-1

4/1/0 and my first NAF trophy to add to the painting queue. A fun weekend.

Last edited by ramchop on Sep 12, 2020 - 05:26; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2020 - 05:23
FUMBBL Staff

Game 4: Sharper's Chaos Dwarf "Bronzed Raiders"Image

The current Champs! Bravado were the only team to defeat them last season.

They would be tough. The focus would have to be on squishing their annoying Ag4 superstar hobgoblin Torduken.

First half, the wood elves held out. Coach Sharper didn't seem keen on getting surehanded Torduken on the ball, and in Turn 7, Volos stripped the Ag3 Bull Carrier.

Second half, Bravado scored turn 12

Again Volos stripped the Ag3 bull. T15 the ball on the deck, enough wood elves on it to make it seem like a win was on the way.

But if Torduken wouldn't come to the ball. The ball would come to him.

T15 Ball Magnet!:

T16 Ball Magnet!:

Final Score 1-1 (0/1/0 - 2/1/0)

Past the halfway point of the season. A win there would have put Bravado at the top of the table. Second place, not out of it yet.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2020 - 00:15
FUMBBL Staff

Game 5: Bobs's Lizardman "Cult of the Firedrake"Image

Bravado sets up on T16 after an unsuccessful skink hunt

The wood elves had been undone by sidestepping diving tackle skinks at the end of their first half drive.

Bravado went all in at the start of the 2nd. Vital we get that ball.

Watch that ball:

Pity we couldn't keep that ball. After the ball changed hands a few times, Glee double skulled on an attack on the skink, and it ran away for the win.

Final score 0-1 (0/1/0 - 0/2/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2020 - 09:40
FUMBBL Staff

Game 6: HaruHaru's Dark Elf "Druchii Dynasty"Image

in game
<HaruHaru> I'll actually be honoured to get a post in Bravado takes on the SWL.

post game
HaruHaru 24/09/2020 I'll chalk this game up to losing on bad lucky mostly. Smile

I think maybe, just maybe, HaruHaru will have to wait to be honoured. Chuck it on the backlog pile Razz

Final Score 1-1 (1/0/0 - 1/1/1)

Last edited by ramchop on Jan 08, 2021 - 03:17; edited 2 times in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2020 - 10:13
FUMBBL Staff

Game 7: Pyates16's Orc "Waaaaghton Redskins" Image

In my opinion the Waaaaghton Redskins are without doubt the coolest team in SWL at the moment. They've taken pixel hugging to a whole new level. In season 82, despite carrying some heavy wants to retire taxes, they made Prem. Switched it up a notch for season 83 by clinging onto the 3 team heroes:

Sold, ag4 ma7 guard dodge stand firm superstar blitzer (WTR tax 80k)
Happy Dancer, guard block standfirm ma5 thickskull troll (WTR tax 160k)

and of course... this guy
(WTR tax 160k)

With the season rebuy budget slashed by 400k, there was an inducement game Orc team in Prem!

The Redskins had brought master chefs, wizards, Dribblesnots, and Ugroth Bolgrot to the bright lights of the SWL Premiership. And sat firmly on the bottom of the table. But man they're cool!

For Bravado's final game a win against the Orcs would give us a decent shot at a top-3 finish and another season in the top league. After the dark elves had smashed both my guards, the tv gap wasn't huge.... still enough for a chef and Dribblesnot.

Final Score 1-1 (0/0/0 - 0/0/1)

Not cool!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2020 - 22:46
FUMBBL Staff

4th place in the 8 team Premiership means relegation

SWL Emilio Luthien Conference LXXXIV

Back to conferences. Who is Emilio Luthien? He has a Twahnlow named after him, the seasonal award for most completions in a Prem season. Must be a high elf.

There are 3 conferences this season, so a top-2 finish should secure another yo-yo return to Prem. Who stands in the way?:

Image Skye Hoppers! 1490k (1/0/0)
Image Real Fake Alternative Facts 1520k (-/-/-)
Image Blackwater Cockfighters 1630k (1/0/2)
ImageBlue Mountain Giants 1530k (0/2/0)
Image Flack Ork Flockers 1640k (1/0/0)
Image Vermintidе 1680k (0/1/0)
ImagePugs Not Drugs 1590k (0/1/4)

There should be some good games in that lot. The blog has dragged a bit lately. I'll write something for every game but I exppect there'll be some short match reports.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2020 - 20:53
FUMBBL Staff

SWL Emilio Luthien Conference LXXXIV
Game 1: JoeKano's Slann "Skye Hoppers!" Image

Bravado had their beleaguered coach pulling his hair out in this game. Rusty after the break? Arrogance maybe, did they think they could simply step down from Prem and dominate the lower division? Whatever it was, they seemed to be running around like headless chickens, no on-field leadership at all.

Oh crap! I forgot to pick a new captain. Previous captain treeman, Dr Woodie Jones, certainly didn't light up the stadium with his play on the pitch. But he did lead the team to a franchise best 3rd place in Prem. Last season didn't quite hit that high and was (unfairly?) dropped for the 4th place finish.

So who do we replace him with:

Rookie tree Slumbering Leaves?:
T3: Image Image Loner [2]
T11: Image Image Image Loner [1]
T15: Image Image Loner [4] Image Image

Maybe not.

How about catcher Artoria Swann? She seems destined for stardom. And she scored a touchdown this game to prove her worth. However...
T5 with ball: Dodge [1] dodge rr [1]
T14: Dodge [1] dodge rr [1]

No, she needs to focus on her own game

Last season's All Star, and Duke Snakefield winner Glee Strawberry? Eight games and she still hasn't missed a turn. But...
T9: Moves in to cover a recently spilled ball. Leap [4], Dodge [1] dodge rr [1] stunned.
T15: Ball in hand, easy score to win the game. Only needs to resist a 1D block from a rookie blitzer Image

Bravado's first captain was a thrower. Dodgy Service to take the lead maybe?
T16: 2+ with sure hands, 2+ with pass, then a 2+ catcher catch. We're going to win this! Pass [1] pass rr [1]

Gah!!

The other wardancer Volos Jonasson has always played second fiddle. To the agility of Dan Dan, the strength of Chocolate Fish, and now the youthful exuberance of the lovely Glee. He only spent 9 turns on the pitch this game, taking a chainsaw in the back for the team. But he did strip the ball from froggy hands (twice!). And turned a likely 0-1 halftime score to 1-0 with a beautiful passing game.

Go captain Volos!

Full Time: 1-1 (2/0/0 - 1/1/0)
 Jump to: