58 coaches online • Server time: 22:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2021 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I am very sad to see so many of the Star Players disappear. While most were not often used, I liked their flavor. Thus, I plan to keep them for personal use with friends.

How would you guys recommend that they be adapted for 2020 play? Would you just use their AG stat for a PA stat? This seems most logical to me as most players were seen as over priced before. even with the adjustment increasing the cost of throwers I think it would largely be fair.
neuro_

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2021 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

If its just for internal leagues, personally I would fluff their PA stats: Blitzers and blockers with 5+, all-rounders or elves 4+, all-rounder elves 3+ and throwers 2+ or 1+.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2021 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that 4+ base is where most players start other than Throwers.

New Deathzone book might actually be what you want. You could base them on the new customisable Mercs.

Lyracian.
BlockBadger

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2021 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, look at the costings of the ones in the 2020 book for reference (most stars are like 20%~ cheaper but not all), make sure all their skills are still valid (e.g. no strong arm on a thrower etc) and be very carful with the B&C ones, they have been removed for a reason so adding them back in may have unintended consequences, but if you just want fun, just go for it. If they remove from your fun ban that one.
I'd avoid giving each their own one shot ability, but if you really want that could be a lot of fun to work out.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2021 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect some of the old stars will come back in future Spike magazines. We already saw 3 added in the Necro book.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2021 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the game setting. I think when people begin to play more TT there is nothing holding you back from using your preferred Ripper Mini for any available strong bash Star Player, Bomber Dribblesnot replacing a Black Gobbo etc.
Some tournament organisers will come up with their own ideas as some included already custom stars.
Fumbbl leagues can go the custom league direction and include stars as they see fit (see CIBBL adding new stars, XXXL keeping Ripper alive).

Buffing star player's passingskills in comparison to regular player builds would maybe enable you to really create Quarterback like player types.
Personaly I am at the moment more curious about what coaches will come up with based on their experience than on GW's new Death Zone.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2021 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
I suspect some of the old stars will come back in future Spike magazines. We already saw 3 added in the Necro book.

I only have the BB2020 rulebook. Which ones came out that I missed? Where can I find the stats and skills for those?

I guess I am also sad to see the stars leave Fumbbl. The player Icons are really cool.
Azur

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2021 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
spubbbba wrote:

I only have the BB2020 rulebook. Which ones came out that I missed? Where can I find the stats and skills for those?

I guess I am also sad to see the stars leave Fumbbl. The player Icons are really cool.

As said above, Spike Magazine #11 (an official release from GW, available since november 2020 and about Necros) includes 3 or 4 old Star Players' stats and fluff. Chany the Werewolf, Brice the Slice, Frank'n'Stein....
Paper and PDF formats are available.
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2021 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

neuro_ wrote:
If its just for internal leagues, personally I would fluff their PA stats: Blitzers and blockers with 5+, all-rounders or elves 4+, all-rounder elves 3+ and throwers 2+ or 1+.

every starplayer also has a unique talent in BB2020.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2021 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I heard Ripper is getting DP and leap
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2021 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
I heard Ripper is getting DP and leap

Only if we can officially call him Paul "the Ripper" Hicks.
 Jump to: