50 coaches online • Server time: 11:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smeborg

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2021 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have 2 active (= not retired) Khorne teams in "Competitive".

One has not been readied (it has completed 15 games, I don't intend to play more).

The other has played just one game, and I readied it for the next game about 12 hours ago.

Both teams now display "A" status (I have no idea what that is). This appears to prevent me playing in "Competitive".

Can someone give me a clue as to what is going on?

Thanks!
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2021 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Potentially reported for naming violations? They don't show on your page to me so chances are they are being reviewed for some reason

Last edited by C0ddlefish on Dec 04, 2021 - 09:40; edited 1 time in total
cowhead

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2021 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Player 12s name on both teams could possibly cause offence.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2021 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You should reread the naming rules on fumbbl, profanity is not allowed

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2021 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If that is what has happened, offence is taken, not caused. I can't help it if some teenage snowflake has had a sense of humour bypass.

I was pinged once for a team name that was the most innocent of jokes. It happened after I seriously offended an opposing coach in-game by refusing his invitation to write to my prime minister on his pet subject (the coach was a fanatical one-track eco-activist). Coincidence?

Anyway, it would be nice if the admin who blocked my teams would have the courtesy to discuss it with me.

I have seen more than one team that uses the F-word. That seems to be OK, apparently. Strange standards.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2021 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You should probably go to the #help channel in Discord and tag @FUMBBLStaff, or make a support ticket. I doubt the admins will spot this otherwise.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2021 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

smeborg wrote:
Anyway, it would be nice if the admin who blocked my teams would have the courtesy to discuss it with me.

They usually do. When you're renamed for a rules violation, you usually get a PM. You sure nobody wrote you one?

smeborg wrote:
I have seen more than one team that uses the F-word. That seems to be OK, apparently. Strange standards.

Naming policy is enforced by means of a report. If no one reports the F-word teams, no admin notices. That's not a double standard, it's just the way it works with so many teams created every day.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

smeborg wrote:
If that is what has happened, offence is taken, not caused. I can't help it if some teenage snowflake has had a sense of humour bypass.

I was pinged once for a team name that was the most innocent of jokes. It happened after I seriously offended an opposing coach in-game by refusing his invitation to write to my prime minister on his pet subject (the coach was a fanatical one-track eco-activist). Coincidence?

your names seem completely fine. I had this snowflake problem as well, when people were reporting my team called "Lizardwoman" but the Admins unblocked it every time. So it should be fine.

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
smeborg

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, LOTW.

JanMattys - I have not had any correspondence from the admins, but I understand the issues and resource constraints they have to deal with.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It is probably best to flag it on Help in Discord if you'd like them released soon.

I think it's just player 12 that's a little controversial. It could be seen as reinforcing a negative stereotype that will affect a distinct proportion of our population irrespective of choice. So it's different from say calling someone a cantankerous lady, or a male chauvinist etc.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It snowed last night...

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.

8:22 - The transgender man... woman... person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.

8:40 - The Police arrived saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - TV news crew from BBC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

By noon it all melted.

Moral:
There is no moral to this story. It is what this Country has become.... and all because of snowflakes.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My teams have been restored to normal status, so the admins appear to agree with LOTW (assuming this is the issue).

For C0ddlefish - theoretical question - what is the difference between the 2 following possible player names: Male Chauvinist Pig and Female Chauvinist Sow? Are one or both of these names "unacceptable" to you, and if so, why?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

For me personally I'm not bothered by either of those.

Specifically it was the use of "Menopausal" that could have been perceived as being used in a negative context. The potential implication being that they are a "b*tch" because they are menopausal.

Chauvinism is a learned behaviour that can (and should) be challenged, so is fair game for ridicule.

The Menopause is unavoidable for a huge proportion of our global population.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

smeborg wrote:
My teams have been restored to normal status, so the admins appear to agree with LOTW (assuming this is the issue).

For C0ddlefish - theoretical question - what is the difference between the 2 following possible player names: Male Chauvinist Pig and Female Chauvinist Sow? Are one or both of these names "unacceptable" to you, and if so, why?

Am I missing something?

Does the player 12 referred to earlier have the same name that they had before?

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Am I missing something?

Sometimes you have to really try hard to be offended, some people are better at it that others.