26 coaches online • Server time: 08:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kinks

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm...Vamps start with Str 4, I was talking about +1 Str, unless I've misunderstood something? Considering Thralls are 100% expendable I think you could afford to keep on at least one Vamp super star for a season or two.

koadah wrote:
To me it feels that this ruleset is about sucking the fun out of the game.

Yeh, I'm so happy aging has gone an literally anything is better, including this. However,

a) I miss the unpredictability of who will get what stat when. It made really interesting players and teams.

b) The whole redraft thing does seem very skewed towards never having any really nice players ever. Seems like a real shame - there's always been plenty of opportunities to kill them off. I'd rather some kind of "Marked Man" mechanic, when "Special Players" received special treatment when it cam to blocks and/or fouls to help maintain balance if that is what is required, rather than bookkeeping.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I misread ST 6 instead of ST 5 Embarassed . Anyway, it doesn't make a lot of difference for the point of my former post. On a Vampire you have more return from Block, Dodge, Pro for 60 TV than from +ST for 80 TV.

And yes, BB2020 rules are not good for teams lacking starting skills.
Random MVP doesn't match well with Season Redraft.
They should have either left the MVP nomination + Season Redraft or no Season Redraft at all, random MVP and a hard TV cap.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2021 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

well, str5 and Break tackle on an ag4 player is very powerful I think for cage breaking. Also my experience is that ma7 is a lot better than ma6 on the ball carrier.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2021 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA has nice cost/effect indeed.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2021 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any situation where +ST is worth the 80k?

It'd have to be a really important, high value player
And ideally one without Loner, so that you can use it to blitz

Maybe your best Ogre on a big Ogre team?
Werewolves, Wardancers..?
I thought about Khorne Bloodspawn, but can take Horns instead on a Primary roll
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2021 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

80k does seem too expensive to take in TV matchmaking. Though of your suggestions I feel the Wolf one is strong. A player with Frenzy could certainly make good use of +ST, and werewolf could likely get enough SPP through scoring touchdowns.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So I've managed to get myself into an odd spot again. My new Chaos team is really lacking skills (standard issue I guess), in particular I have no tackle. I had a plan though, I had a Gor with Block and 7SPPs, so I ensured he scored my next TD. Unfortunately he somehow ended up getting a 2nd TD and the MVP, putting him on 17. I figured I could survive 1 more game, without Tackle, get him to 20SPPs, MA 7 is always going to be handy (and pretty TV efficient) for Chaos and hopefully someone else will get Tackle. Well, it almost worked, he got 20SPPs, but he rolled 15! Str is just not worth 80TV, is AG worth 40TV? Perhaps I can wait for the FAQs update to come through and take tackle anyway!

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1057078

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

AG is great for 40k. All the best carrier goats eventually need either +AG or extra arms/two heads, which is the same price and one less skill slot to get it. Push him on for another stat after that, and AG 1+ is also great, as is dodge, two heads, sure hands, away he goes to legend.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point, will do. Thanks. (See, sometimes I listen to the advice - or perhaps it was just what I wanted to hear?)

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2021 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
I would actually want +PA rather than Accurate/Cannoneer. Saving up to get an Elf or Skaven Thrower to PA 1+ AFTER they have core skills seems reasonable. This is of course assuming that an Accurate Pass with PA 1+ trumps Wildly Inaccurate but that is not clear in the rules.

Yes this has been FAQ'ed and it does cancel wildly inaccurate. So PA+ should be the dedicated throwing skill-up of every elf thrower. It's only 20k (same as a primary pass skill) but much, much, much better than all the other passing skills. One could argue that +PA corresponds to the old 'accurate'.

(edit: Elf throwers with +PA and cannoneer throw long passes on a 2+, similar to the previous combo of accurate+strong arm but now for only 40tv instead of 50tv and easier to obtain.)
Kinks

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I thinking about going for +1AV with a Chaos Troll.

Trolls start out cheap for a big guy and work out as good value in a starting team IMO. However, after getting guard the other strength skills seem less worth while. Obviously Block or Pro would be incredibly useful, but pricey for 40k. I find Chaos Chosen always lack skills (and have access to plenty of good primary ones), spending 40k on a troll seems wasteful.

Taking rando either primary or secondary seems too risky, there are more bad than good and I rather a troll with guard than having to sack a troll with guard and shadow to start over again. Perhaps when he dies (or is drafted out?) I will take a rando primary next time?

So that leads me to think, whist I'm happy with a Guard troll, why not to just save up for a stat (which will hopefully take a while), then take +1AV, which is bargain cheap simply to stop him bloating my team?

Edit: Added bonus, it makes vomit 50% less risky (I saw a troll vomit niggle himself yesterday, very funny)

I'm starting to think +AV is the way to go with many players once they have a few key skills, just to keep them at optimal TV for longer.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Troll is better with either Block, Guard, Pro. +AV is not a good stat increase.
It's TV cheap but SPP-expensive for what it does and it's a wasted skill slot which could be used for either Block (12 SPPs), Guard (6 SPPs), Pro (12 SPPs).
To take +AV you need 18 SPPs on a Troll, which could be spent on either Block and Guard or Pro and Guard.
If you like Mutations, either Claw or Tentacles are better than +AV.
DonShula

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I was planning to get +AV on my Underworld blitzer (classic build: MB, Horns, Claws, Tackle), and was a little bit disappointed to get a +AG. I was planning to put him 2 heads after it.

At last, for +20 KGP, i don't find that bad comparing to two heads. The aim is to find a way to protect him after blitz, but it gives him more versatility.
XpherAndTheAxes

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2021 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

idk if it has been said but human blitzers love most stats and id take most of them on them
Kinks

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2021 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
AG is great for 40k. All the best carrier goats eventually need either +AG or extra arms/two heads, which is the same price and one less skill slot to get it. Push him on for another stat after that, and AG 1+ is also great, as is dodge, two heads, sure hands, away he goes to legend.

Thanks again, that advice worked out pretty well:

He, took the +AG and Now has two +MA's too. I certainly think he's worth 160k TV
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=14548352

Obviously, it is extremely unlikely any harm will come to him so it seems safe to plan his future. I'm thinking Dodge (makes he Wardancer like) and the Big Hand for nifty Gutter Runner type manoeuvres.