54 coaches online • Server time: 12:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2021 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, my High Elves (https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1043798) are on 14 games. I am playing my teams to 15 games and awaiting redraft to be implemented.

So, I took a couple of hits in my last game and retired two crippled linemen and my Blitzer is MNG as well. I have 10 players.

Lots of treasury as well.

Do I play the 15th game with a Journeymen and bank the cash or do I buy two linemen, play with 12 players and have 100k + Game 15 winnings going forward?

I guess my question is, how important is treasury going into the redraft when the cap is 1350k?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2021 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

assume a loss, just to be safe

baseline = 1000k
15 games = 150k
9 wins, 5 ties = 115k
Subtotal 1265k
Treasury = 240k
-2 linos = (140k)
Total = 1365k plus whatever you make (minimum 45k if you get held scoreless by a DF1 team and "snake" (1/9) the fans rolls).

You can hire your boys, and you can add 60k in inducements (plus 5k for each opposing DF above the first) with no fear, unless you roll a 1 on expensive mistakes, in which case you can add however much less. Alternately, you can spend 30k of that money (and avoid the expensive mistakes roll) by replacing the gimpy blitzer and hoping to skill up the new guy into something you would want. Actually, since there would potentially be two Expensive Mistakes rolls, maybe you really wanna get the Blitzer, and don't splash in your last game. 85k Treasury, all said and done, that's your goal.

Oh, also, snag a random skill on your 3spp Thrower, see if he's worth keeping.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2021 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
assume a loss, just to be safe

baseline = 1000k
15 games = 150k
9 wins, 5 ties = 115k
Subtotal 1265k
Treasury = 240k
-2 linos = (140k)
Total = 1365k plus whatever you make (minimum 45k if you get held scoreless by a DF1 team and "snake" (1/9) the fans rolls).

You can hire your boys, and you can add 60k in inducements (plus 5k for each opposing DF above the first) with no fear, unless you roll a 1 on expensive mistakes, in which case you can add however much less. Alternately, you can spend 30k of that money (and avoid the expensive mistakes roll) by replacing the gimpy blitzer and hoping to skill up the new guy into something you would want. Actually, since there would potentially be two Expensive Mistakes rolls, maybe you really wanna get the Blitzer, and don't splash in your last game. 85k Treasury, all said and done, that's your goal.

Oh, also, snag a random skill on your 3spp Thrower, see if he's worth keeping.

Thanks! So will buy the two linemen, and given its a gamefinder environment will find an opponent with a decent DF.

Just find the maths at the end of a season (or the penultimate game) so confusing... thanks for setting it out!
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2021 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to post almost the same (probably not as much detail).

If you float your mouse over the redraft budget on your team it shows you how much treasury you need to get the cap. That should help you to know how much to spend.

Lyracian.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2021 - 15:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just as a heads-up, if you hover your mouse over the "Current re-draft budget" (bottom right on the team page), you'll see a prediction of re-drafting budget and how much treasury you need to cap at the end of the season. The assumption is that you get the minimum possible budget for the remaining games as per the ruleset settings (typically, this means losing the remainder of the games in the season).

For this team, 85k treasury will guarantee the cap.
Teturact

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2021 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a bit of a different opinion. I would not hire the lineman let the MVP hit hopefully one of your more experienced players only hiring the Journeyman if they do something. and redraft from there. your paying the full hire fee for one game by that mentality. it will allow you to have more skill players or rerolls by not renting the linemen for one game.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

So the second part to this, if I dont buy the linemen and play with 10 players and a journeyman, I will have PLENTY of cash. Given the cap of 1350k TV, does that mean after redrafting and paying Agent Fees, I will have a bigger left over for Game 1 Season 2?

So in summary, does excess cash to the cap carry through to your Season 2 treasury?

If so, then I can see the benefit of going with Teturact's suggestion.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. However ... with 240k in Treasury, and an 85k minimum budget, that leaves you with 155k for inducements. Want a more-or-less unanswered Wizard?

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, to wrap this up, did BOTH. Bought the two linemen to have a roster of 12 and found a team with good DF and took a wizard as well.

Game finished 1-1, I should have capitalised better on an excellent fireball and it was a tough game, but am now ready to go. Took a random on that Thrower (Cannoneer?) and await the redraft process.

Thanks for those who contributed!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Cannoneer is great for 10k. Really improves your T8/16 scoring odds, esp on OTS attempts.