25 coaches online • Server time: 05:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2022 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The main problem IMO is that this idea will take players surviving around 20+ games across the entire team to actually reach its zenith of power and might...which cannot happen anymore on FUMBBL for the above 2 posts I just laid out.[/quote]

I'm not sure if I'm ever going to shoto for getting this team to it's maximime might. More likely, I'll just re-draft (eventually) at 1350, get this speedy little team going, and then curse myself for thinking it was a good idea. Smile
Irgy

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2022 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember when taking all the positionals was just what you did (eventually), not some weird alternative strategy!
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2022 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would #1 point of C (as in competitive) to be building up a player ?

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2022 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

It is what some people liked to do.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2022 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Why would #1 point of C (as in competitive) to be building up a player ?

Because C is a combination of the old R and B. When C implements seasons there will no longer be an open division for people who like to build legendary players and legendary teams.

To me the real C will always be with a blind scheduler. Without the scheduler all you have is a crippled R division.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2022 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Only coaches like Jan like this rule on FUMBBL.

Stupid Jan. I hate him.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2022 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
I remember when taking all the positionals was just what you did (eventually), not some weird alternative strategy!

On most teams, that's usually a good strategy.

Dark Elves are an outlier in that their roster has a lot of positionals that vary a lot from the linemen, and they very wildly in their efficiency. Assasins are just not good, and runners are difficult players.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2022 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:

For humans that hasn't been true for a long time. A two-throwers-four-catchers human team is too expensive TV wise now as it was too expensive TR wise two editions ago.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2022 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

For humans that hasn't been true for a long time. A two-throwers-four-catchers human team is too expensive TV wise now as it was too expensive TR wise two editions ago.[/quote]

The 4 catcher version of humans is pretty similar to this concept only...so much strength 2. At least the DE all have strength 3, and aren't that fragile of a team. That, and the Ag3+ is not that reliable for dodging the catchers away.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2022 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:

Welcome to the world of BB2020 where you are the noob for such thoughts.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2022 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the world of BB2020 where you are the noob for such thoughts.[/quote]

We noob's prefer the phrase, "inefficient", thank you. Smile
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2022 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Not getting all the positionals all the time means there's actually more choices to be made and not just automatic things once you get the money.

Here are some initial thoughts on all the different rosters and if you max out positionals:

Amazon: Catchers and throwers are both kinda awful, don't max (maybe even skip catchers and throwers completely)

Black Orcs: All the Orcs! (Max)

Chaos: All the Blockers (Max - Only 5 positionals total including big guy)

Chaos Dwarf (Maybe. There's some mixed feeling about mino, but all the Dwarves and Bulls)

Chaos Renegade (Max. I think you buy all the weird players here.)

Dark Elf (No way, runners and assassins are both iffy value wise)

Dwarf (Deathroller is a sometimes choice and a second runner does not feel efficient)

Elven Union (No second second thrower until quite late but given the overall fragility of the team it's not out of the question)

Goblin: Buying all the secret weapons can't be right.

Halfling: Sure, do whatever you want here.

High Elf: you could a second thrower super late but the team is less fragile than pro elfes and probably not necessary.

Humans: throwers are so expensive now, 3 halflings is a lot and human catchers still stuck (although much less now that they cost less, especially in relation to the throwers.) No max.

Imperial Nobility: Why is their thrower so bad Sad Skip the second one.

Khorne: I've seen some discussion of only getting 2 Khorngors to keep the frenzy matched, plenty of reason to get all 4 and max them though.

Lizardman: Why did they make a runner with less speed than the normal players? You probably don't get 2 of these.

Necromantic Horror: All the positional are really good, get them all and you've still got room to field 3 zombies on the line even with a full roster.

Norse: There are a lot of weird players on this team, could easily max or decide you don't like pigs or only want a single Valk (Maybe)

Nurgle: Bloaters bloat your team at 115k each. You still need them to be competitive though and running out of Pestis makes it next best ball carrier almost as good as a skeleton so but them all.

Ogres: Buy all the Ogres!

Old World:
Compare these 2 players:
Old World Human Thrower 6 3 3+ 3+ 9+ Animosity (all Dwarf and Halfling team-mates), Pass, Sure Hands GP AS 80k
Old World Dwarf Runner 6 3 3+ 4+ 9+ Loner (3+), Sure Hands, Thick Skull GP AS 85k

You can get a Human Thrower with -PA and animosity or a Dwarf Runner with Loner 3+. Neither is great on a ball carrier but the Dwarf runner seems especially bad for a ball carrier. Don't buy them all some of them really suck.

Orcs: The thrower isn't great, but is cheap at least, definitely don't get 2 and 4 goblins is probably too much.

Shambling Undead: Buy them all (max ghouls last as they're fragile but good) (easy max)

Skaven: Throwers feel a little over costed but blitzers and gutter runners are fantastic, probably don't buy a second thrower.

Snotling: Need to keep your CTV down to scum stars and other shenanigans, don't buy them all.

Tomb Kings: Max them all.

Underworld: Somebody else needs to answer this as I have no real sense. Also since Snotlings are 0-6 do they count as a positional?

Vampire: If Thralls weren't 0-12 a team of 13-14 thralls and 0-1 vampires might be better than anything else you can make with this dumpster fire. There's no roster here that gives you a meaningful win chance, might as well max them for the lulz.

Wood Elf: Like other Elfs probably skip the second thrower.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2022 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I do disagree on many of those Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2022 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't it be easier to get more positionals due re-draft? Coaches don't need to redraft all the old players, but have more likely budget to buy more expensive rookies.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2022 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to get more positionals due re-draft? Coaches don't need to redraft all the old players, but have more likely budget to buy more expensive rookies.

But you just rehire your carebearplayer, no money for anything else. Also much whine about it.