50 coaches online • Server time: 16:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think that timeout:
Should be always called without any warning
13%
 13%  [ 24 ]
Should be always called but never the first time (1 warning max)
17%
 17%  [ 31 ]
Should be called only if happen too often in a game
40%
 40%  [ 72 ]
Should be never called
11%
 11%  [ 20 ]
Each coach should agree before the match how to manage the timeout csll
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Pie!!!!
10%
 10%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 180

Gridironman

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I have begun to deviate to the norm that the perspective of people on FUMBBL are too diverse to hammer down guidelines of play. The worst behavior is not often but expect the worst and adhere to guidelines that YOU would expect of yourself. The golden rule applies, do unto your opponent that you would do unto yourself. That being said the divergences of mentality means that if the client itself timed people out that would be the best solution and if they add a visible clock all the better. Let the client regulate the behavior because the behavior is very diverse.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Gridironman wrote:
I have begun to deviate to the norm that the perspective of people on FUMBBL are too diverse to hammer down guidelines of play. The worst behavior is not often but expect the worst and adhere to guidelines that YOU would expect of yourself. The golden rule applies, do unto your opponent that you would do unto yourself. That being said the divergences of mentality means that if the client itself timed people out that would be the best solution and if they add a visible clock all the better. Let the client regulate the behavior because the behavior is very diverse.

That would need to be an option that leagues could switch off.

Though personally the auto timer still feels like a terrible idea. Very Happy

What I do think would be a good idea would be an easily visible clock.
For me the current clock is pretty useless.

Fix that and I suspect that fewer people would get to four minutes in the first place

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

A timer warning sound option could help to notice that the time is running out. It could start when 1 minute or 30 seconds are left (maybe with a further option to set it at a specific time, like 2 minutes left, 1 minute left, 30 seconds left etc.). When you play a turn your eyes are focussed on the pitch and players, not on the timer, which is pretty small to check, by the way.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

iena wrote:
RDaneel wrote:

Personally, even in easy turns I tend to try to use all the time available.

This is quite upsetting, i may be wrong but i believe there is a rule somewhere that states you cannot deliberately slow the game.

surely its way more annoying than a timeout.

Blood Bowl TT game vs FUMBBL has important differences one for example is the misclick which is devastating on the online game.
I personally am not a lightning bolt and I realize that if I play "fast" I often make mistakes (if you see comments to my match you will realize how much i am self critic with myself, 90% of my defeat depend of my bad move, often for moving too fast and thinking not too much).

My turns (especially the final ones of the drive) last on average 3 minutes, I rarely finish a turn in 1 minute. I rarely go over 4 minutes. The rule about losing time intentionally is right but also difficult to apply.
There are people for example who think 1-2 minutes before moving and then make their moves relatively quickly in 1-2 minutes. Others, on the other hand, who move each move carefully. It is difficult to call a loss of time "intentional."

Honestly I think everyone should have the freedom to use the 4 minutes as they see fit, and if you are a "cautious" person who wants to play calmly to avoid mistakes or misclicks and make each move in 3 minutes 59 seconds I don't see why you should be sanctioned. But of course then it depends on the game. obviously. If you feel your opponent is intentionally end the turn in 3 mins 59 every time to make you nervous (an easy check is : all players moved, but he wait till 3 mins 59 to push "end turn") in this case you can ask him politely to speed or the reason of his behaviors'. If he persists you should call an admin via Discord to watch the match and judge.

But if your opponent move players slowly because he is inexperienced, because he is afraid of misclicks, because he is someone who needs time, because he has difficulties that we do not know about you can ask him kindly to be faster, but you cannot deprive him the right to take all his time budget.

Again... this story of time is a grey area IMO.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
A timer warning sound option could help to notice that the time is running out. It could start when 1 minute or 30 seconds are left (maybe with a further option to set it at a specific time, like 2 minutes left, 1 minute left, 30 seconds left etc.). When you play a turn your eyes are focussed on the pitch and players, not on the timer, which is pretty small to check, by the way.

A visual warning would also be good if there is no "big clock".

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=488089#488089 Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know whether a visual warning is possible, but it would help as well.
Ideally as client option, so people could enable and disable it.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:

Maybe something was lost in the translation.

I can see why people might consider that against the rules.

If your turn ends in 3 minutes then that is not "all the time available".

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
RDaneel wrote:

I mean "in average": usually the firts turns tend to be completed in 1-2 mins... but the last turns of the drive usually i take 3-4 mins (sometime closer to 4 than to 3 to be honest expecially if you are "mumbling" to a difficult puschain or whatever dice to score with the highest probability)... and i think is perfectly normal this.

Yesterday i played a league match where i moved fast a turn and it was a real disaster... did not think to the consequence of a failed catch. maybe if i cool down 1 minutes thinking more i would have retained such stupid move: What a shame... Embarassed
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Misclicks and brainfarts are harsh but great teachers. Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2023 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
koadah wrote:
RDaneel wrote:

I mean "in average": usually the firts turns tend to be completed in 1-2 mins... but the last turns of the drive usually i take 3-4 mins (sometime closer to 4 than to 3 to be honest expecially if you are "mumbling" to a difficult puschain or whatever dice to score with the highest probability)... and i think is perfectly normal this.

Yesterday i played a league match where i moved fast a turn and it was a real disaster... did not think to the consequence of a failed catch. maybe if i cool down 1 minutes thinking more i would have retained such stupid move: What a shame... Embarassed

Lost in translation then. Smile

Jump to: