53 coaches online • Server time: 20:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How much is important to have Redraft in Fumbbl Competitive division?
Extremely important and should be implemented asap
38%
 38%  [ 29 ]
It is important but I can wait maybe another year
30%
 30%  [ 23 ]
Important enough but I don't think it should be implemented any time soon.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
it is not important to me. Whether it's there or not doesn't change anything.
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
I don't like it, I hope it will never be implemented on Fumbbl
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
a pie in the face to those who ONLY activate teams with more than 150 games played in the BB2020 competitive division
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 75

RDaneel

Post 22 Posted: Sep 16, 2023 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Weekend poll!
Implementing Redraft in competitive division of FUMBBL has often been talked about in the past, it would be interesting to get the community's opinion on how important, unimportant, right or wrong this feature is perceived to be.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2023 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

There isn't an option there I like.

I think it's extremely important but am happy to wait for it for as long as it takes.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2023 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

option 2 in this case
sebco

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2023 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Same opinion as C0ddlefish (that said, I've voted cause choice 1 and 2 are near to that, even if they are less diplomatically said).

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2023 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of Season Re-Draft to keep in check teams (I think that a hard TV cap would be better), but it's better than nothing and it's an official rule, so I'd like to have it implemented, even just to try it and see the effect on meta.
So, I voted for option 1: "Extremely important..."

As an aside, I play only in the Box and, for purpose of having balanced pairings, it's better if the teams' growth is kept in check.
That way the TV gaps are lower and more (and closer TV) pairings can take place.
I'm not a fan of TV gaps in TVMM environment, either as underdog or overdog.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2023 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
Same opinion as C0ddlefish (that said, I've voted cause choice 1 and 2 are near to that, even if they are less diplomatically said).

sorry actually I should have written option 1: extremely important and that's it, without stating a time limit. However, I told myself - when I created the survey - that if the redraft for a person is 'extremely' important, this also implies a certain 'urgency'. However, options 1 and 2 cover quite well all cases of those who consider redraft important whether or not it is implemented sooner or later.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2023 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The poll seems rather moot, as the real issue is: when can Christer find the time to work on it with all the other stuff he has to do?

I don't think the setup for the back-end of the site is done in a way where anyone else could really do it, not that I've asked about the dev end of things in awhile.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2023 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's only four months since the last one.

It'll be ready when it's ready.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2023 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be more interested in the special rules for fields being implemented for leagues or fundraising whatever amount that the devs would need to build a 7s pitch. However, I feel that redraft is integral to blood bowl.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2023 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Zlefin wrote:
The poll seems rather moot,

On the other hand, I find the result interesting. The purpose of these periodic polls is to find out if there are any features of the game that the community feels are urgent and/or important, and to give the administrators a list of priorities to work on when they have time. Precisely because they have little time and will certainly have to decide what is most important to implement in the next release (let's not forget that there is also a list of pending bugs/features).

I would like to take this opportunity to renew my heartfelt thanks to the administrators and developers of this outstanding site. Smile
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2023 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I do wonder on the technical side what makes redraft so hard to implement. I haven't really thought about it, but the fact it's not done by now means it must be fairly complicated to do. Has there been a post about what makes it so tricky? or about the back-end issues it causes?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2023 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer has talked about it a bit in discord yes. It has to do with how the team pages are organized, and (my understanding may be wrong) requires completely redoing them.
razmus

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2023 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Zlefin wrote:
Has there been a post about what makes it so tricky? or about the back-end issues it causes?

Yes. (c.f., Technical debt.)

Jump to: