36 coaches online • Server time: 00:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dadde

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering if anyone noticed it,but in my last match against DottorEmme, we had 4 Brillant Coaching..does anybody had something similar?
Also, with vampires,when you REROLL the 1 for the gaze, you always roll 1 again. I m not sure,but maybe we should investigate on this? thanks!
dementor42

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Both are fine in my games.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant Coaching is result 7 on 2d6, so the most common one, 1/6. Rolling 4 Brilliant Coaching events has the same odds as rolling a quad skull, 1/1296. Not very common, but it can happen in a game.
I had games with 3 Blitz! events (which is a less likely event), so, yes, it is possible.

If you think that RNG is broken, do this: keep track of the Kick-Off events on a piece of paper, you will see that, over time, the results average out. Just, consider a big enough sample, such as 100 games. If you analyze a small sample of games the expected average is not that reliable.

We tend to remember more things which look weird to us, it's perception bias.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %16, %2023 - %12:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Dadde wrote:
Also, with vampires,when you REROLL the 1 for the gaze, you always roll 1 again. I m not sure,but maybe we should investigate on this? thanks!

Assuming this is either selective bias, or you're making a joke. In case it's the former, I send you to your most recent game, second half: turn four. Atrak Lucia rolled 1, rerolled and got a 2.
Then second half: turn 7. Ailion Hitch rolled a 1, rerolled and got a 3.

Investigation over. Wink
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to take a deeper look into the RNG on FUMBBL, you can start here. But be warned, it is a lot more complicated than "hey, we get a lot of 1s". Tl;dr: it is way good enough.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2023 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
If you want to take a deeper look into the RNG on FUMBBL, you can start here. But be warned, it is a lot more complicated than "hey, we get a lot of 1s". Tl;dr: it is way good enough.

You can use facts and science to prove anything you like, but it's still the case that the dice are only truly random when I get all the 6s and pows and my opponent rolls 1s and skulls.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2023 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
Rawlf wrote:

You can use facts and science to prove anything you like, but it's still the case that the dice are only truly random when I get all the 6s and pows and my opponent rolls 1s and skulls.

Thats not random.

Thats what some call average rolling.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2023 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

ITS A conSPIROcy!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2023 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you had an excellent game with 2 brilliant coaches. Only the vamp players constantly failing bloodlust didn't realize your brillante.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2023 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:
ITS A conSPIROcy!!!

I was about to write that Laughing

Jump to: