49 coaches online • Server time: 23:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Carabor wrote:

But all that has nothing to do with the rules of the board game Blood Bowl - and therefore nothing to do with the wishes and house rules of thread opener, honestly.

I'd be surprised if that is true.

I have no evidence either way.

Attempting to sell more miniatures is sure to be a factor too.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
koadah wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
bah, my wood elves are purely 2020. i disagree that they were hurt - again, they had specific playstyles hurt, but that doesn't mean the teams ability to win significantly changed

I doubt very much that elf win rates are where they were in the previous versions.

Maybe, but thats not due to the teams ability to win changing, thats from coachrs not adapting and playing the running game 100% of the time (which us what my 2016 pro elves did, and so they werent impacted in their win rates).

I'm pretty sure that most non rookies already did that.

But there was more scope for plan B when the running game failed.

Which pro-elves do you mean? The ranked team seem to have done much better.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

Nah elves were underpriced previously. I dont like it, but i have to admit it appears thry are no longer undepriced. (Of course other teams like orcs are underpriced now, which makes elves appear worse, but we have to ignote those outliers when trying to determine where elces are today.)

Sorry, that's simply not true. Would it be the truce, we would have seen t1 elven teams doing way better than other t1 teams in Competitive/Black box. Or Cyanide's stats from BB2 times would show that. It wasn't the case, they were manageable in hands of a good coach, at best. Still prone to just falling apart after an unlucky match too. They only could perform somewhat better than others in Res tournaments, sometimes with some inducements involved.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Wood elves and Dark Elves have been top 5 teams through all previous bloodbowl editions.

Maybe werent so good when clawpomb was a thing, thank god didnt play that era myself, but that was only for brief time before that got taken care of.

Not many actually care about BB2 rules that were old ones (and tbh werent actual rules but more of compilation of few different rulesets if im not wrong).

You do know that between second season and bb2 there was atleast 2 rulesets that people who played bloodbowl used ?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Elves were quite good vs Cpomb because they could still score when outnumbered and they could reposition quite easily, thus avoiding some blocks. At high TV in CRP many teams in the Box were either Elves or Chaos & Nurgle.
After 1 game vs Cpomb the Elves were likely pushed back to low-mid TV, but they had a decent chance of winning vs Cpomb-spam teams.
The real issue with Cpomb for Elves was when it happened at very low TV, vs some minmaxed Cpomb teams (Chaos Pact, Chaos Dwarfs, Necro) with 1 or 0 rrs, Leader and 1 or 2 killers.
Another problem for Elves was low TV Tacklepomb, for example, Humans were good vs them.
Cpomb, if not on a minmaxed team, was not a problem (if you accepted to get to high TV, lose some players, rebuild and so on).

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %18, %2024 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just going to pipe up here and point out that SeriliKirico is hewing closer to the original ideas of Blood Bowl than anyone else, because a quick look at page 17 of the 1988 rules will tell you that you could bring reserves onto the pitch during a drive if you were down players. All this nonsense about LRB4 vs BB16 vs BB2020, when everyone knows the correct way to play Blood Bowl is with hundreds of tables where you look up the results of a 2D6 roll! :-p

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Although passing is a plan B for Elves too, it's true they have been nerfed in that aspect.
They should all either get +1 to their PA (barring the Throwers) or being slightly cheaper (because Agility is not used anymore to throw the ball).
Something like -5k from each Elf's cost should be right.

Nah elves were underpriced previously. I dont like it, but i have to admit it appears thry are no longer undepriced. (Of course other teams like orcs are underpriced now, which makes elves appear worse, but we have to ignote those outliers when trying to determine where elces are today.)

That's the fun of "meta". Hard to pull out why out of the 11 intended tier 1 teams, all 4 elves are in the bottom 5 in FUMBBL roster stats. Could be they are weaker than the other tier 1s, could be coaches haven't adapted to all their favorite elf tools from before being meaningfully blunted, could be newer players are attracted to "score fast score often" and concede once they lose a wardancer or two.
I'm of the opinion its a combo of the first and second. I think those tools were a bit too strong in last edition or BB2 but they're a bit too weak now. And its not all nerfs to elves, alot of it is buffs to bash or seemingly neutral changes impacting fragile rosters more than sturdy ones. Its not to the point they are unplayable or unwinnable, they still post a 45%+ win rate for all 4, but the agility archetype firmly runs through Skavenland for 2020.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

To me, anything soothing is inherently un-fun. Fun is aggravating and difficult. Movies that don't shoot the shaggy dog come off to me as hopelessly Pollyanna-ish. Like, I rate Ran and the Grapes of Wrath among my favorite comedies. Therefore, Blood Bowl is for me.

If you don't like pain, if comfort is important to you, if the fear of having an hour of your life drained away while you suffer a horrible beating is not inspirational to you, go find the grotesquely happy, cheerful game of your choice somewhere else and leave us to brutalize each other in peace.

But yeah, the next edition needs to slightly buff elves.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:

If you don't like pain, if comfort is important to you, if the fear of having an hour of your life drained away while you suffer a horrible beating is not inspirational to you, go find the grotesquely happy, cheerful game of your choice somewhere else and leave us to brutalize each other in peace.

It shouldn't be pain. Both coaches should be able to laugh at the successes and disasters of each other.

It should only be pain if the opponent is bloody miserable.
If they are then you can try not to wind them up until they have a total meltdown.
Or not, depending on your mood.

Quote:
But yeah, the next edition needs to slightly buff elves.

Indeed.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I want the next edition to nerf elves even more, not because I don't like them but because they've been too dominant for far too long. Also bring back clawpomb, gut underworld, amazon and orcs and make gnomes the strongest team.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2024 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I, for one, welcome our Gnomish overlords.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2024 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be interesting if your side of midfield has a square where a player can leave and someone on the bench takes their spot. Perhaps a linemen leaves the pitch from that box and a catcher emerges ACTIVATED. I do not want to change the game in that direction, but that would be interesting. I could foresee swarming players needing to enter from there across multiple turns but njust off the top of my head, not perfect