40 coaches online • Server time: 23:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mongoose

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I will say it has been a humbling experience, moving to fumbbl from four years of tabletop league experience.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Cage dive is not even possible, if the ball carrier is completely surrounded by team mates in a corner close to End Zone.
Well, if you're completely surrounded, you should be chainable, no?

Mongoose wrote:
I will say it has been a humbling experience, moving to fumbbl from four years of tabletop league experience.
Welcome to the shark tank. The level of shock you get going from TT awesomeness to FUMBBL ... well, whatever you find out you are, it's kinda humbling. The best/worst part is that we don't all know each other's games, either, there are so many damn incomparables along so many vectors, and it takes years to even be able to guess at what most of them might be.

Best. Game. Ever.

Time to write some pressure (or other anti-stalling) routines into your FMEA flowchart.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Cage dive is not even possible, if the ball carrier is completely surrounded by team mates in a corner close to End Zone.
Well, if you're completely surrounded, you should be chainable, no?

Completely surrounded, but with some squares free so, if the ball carrier is chainpushed, he doesn't get pushed into End Zone. 2 sides are made by the stalling players, the other 2 sides are the boundary lines of the pitch. I meant this.
Also, many ball carriers have either Stand Firm or Side Step, just in case.
Moreover, it's not easy to chainpush if the bash team has many Guards/ Stand Firm/ ST 4+ players.
Since Piling On is not a thing anymore bash teams get Guard, MB, Stand Firm.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Mongoose wrote:

And I wish you to stay on fumbbl for many years believe me it is the best place to learn how to play better, if you have a thick skin to put up with some keyboard warriors Wink

And anyway the vast majority of coaches here are good people

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If opponent completely surrounds ball on your endzone you have played really bad.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It's possible to stall even without fully surrounding the ball carrier.
A normal cage with 3-4 players + ball carrier generally is enough to do it.
I talked about fully surrounding the ball carrier just to say that it's not always possible to try crazy stuff.
With a not fully surrounding cage, in order to sack the ball carrier, you need to get in, -2d blitz them, hoping for double Push Pow/Pow (or Both Down in case of Wrestle). Even with multiple rr is not that easy. In the fortunate case the ball carrier is sacked, the ball could just be picked up the next turn.
Considering that you can use multi-rr, it's often better just to save rrs for turn 8 and hope for Time-Out event or 1TTD.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %24, %2024 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20811

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23861

Forum search next button doesn't seem to work.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2024 - 12:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I have gone through and deleted a bunch of posts in this thread, and am locking it. I will remind you all to be civil and refrain from personal attacks.
 Jump to: