38 coaches online • Server time: 12:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which race will suffer most?
Amazon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chaos
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Chaos Dwarf
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dark Elf
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Dwarf
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Elf
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
High Elf
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Human
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Khemri
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Lizards
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Necromantic
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Norse
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Nurgle Rotters
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Orc
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Skaven
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Undead
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Vampire
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Woodelves
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
Flings, Gobo, Ogre
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Pie! This is a stupid poll they all suffer the same
19%
 19%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 77

PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Spiraling expenses will really put the hurt on all the High TR LRB4 teams when they transfer over.

LRB4 teams at high TR have a hard time accumilating a lot of gold.

So when they transfer over they will be in the Spiralling expense bracket of 50,000+ loss a game before modifiers.

Example: my Blood Sea Buccaneers. They are at TV 2590 right now with 280,000 gold. After the FC lets say they spend most of that cash during the tourney but come out of the FC with out losing any players. So they get transfered at 2590 TV and under 100,000 gold. Then they get hit by the sprialing expenses right off the bat. Now I play the Buccaneers a lot so the Sprialing expenses will kill the team right after the transfer and I will have to cut a lot of players to "get right" with the spiraling expenses. I would rather cut players of my choice than just rolling along making no gold and having my opponeets "trim" my team so to speak.

If you look at the teams stats and filter by TR/TS and then look at gold on hand....it will get ugly for a lot of LRB4 teams after the transfer.

Those are the teams that are going to be hurt the most from SE....so the fans of the NO LRB4 transfer will feel good as the "monster" LRB4 teams will have to start trimming really fast after the transfer. Some teams like the Competitive Eaters who only play in tournies will be immune due to lack of games played and large cash reserve, but that is the exception and not the norm.

TR to TV is not the same but gnerally speaking a team with a TR of 270+ with little cash on hand will have a large TV after the transfer.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

And conversley the teams that benefit the most from SE will be the home grown FFB teams. They will get the advantage of the growth period from TV1000 to monster status. They will be able to passivly horde a lot of cash and be able to navigate the SE more easily.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup your spot on there PainState. I was thinking about this yesterday whilst playing a league game and how the Leagues are going to cope. So any league admin that read this; What are the plans for your Leagues? I'm particulary interested in finding out what is going to happen to Obba, because the top Divisions may well implode once all them teams have no money left and start taking casulties (presuming the teams will be transfered across and not reset).
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thought just poped up...In order for me to cut my Buccanners back in terms of TV means I will have to cut my high SPP players...even more painful. Cutting the odd lino or Niggler with only one skill will not make a huge impact on TV...only cutting those really nice 51+ SPP players with stat upgrades or doubles will really impact my TV.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Empty the treasuries of imported teams. Then even exceptions are taken care of.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

asharak wrote:
by negating the killer MB/PO combo.

Why is this a killer combo in LRB6 when it is largely ignored in LRB4? I've heard this mentioned elsewhere so assume you're right, but I don't get it. Please explain.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

While I'm on, are there any skills that are only available to people with access on a double? E.g. the way stand firm was a str skill but even players with str access needed a double to get it.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
While I'm on, are there any skills that are only available to people with access on a double? E.g. the way stand firm was a str skill but even players with str access needed a double to get it.

Nope. There's no special trait you need doubles for, only skillgroups you can't normally pick.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
asharak wrote:

Why is this a killer combo in LRB6 when it is largely ignored in LRB4? I've heard this mentioned elsewhere so assume you're right, but I don't get it. Please explain.

It is a killer combo in LRB4 but coachs by nature are wimps when it comes to fouling...and since the vast majority of coaches believe LRB4 fouling is to deadly they dont take the combo...personally I think all LRB4 norse blitzers should take the MB/Pileon...since it is great when coupled with jump up...which by the way now everyone can get on a double.

CL/RSC/Pileon is the killer of all combos but coaches who had that skill...well lets be gentle, had to sacrafice their gonads to get CL/RSC to begin with and thus became very protective of their pixel killers and thus play them like pansies.

Malmir...every skill is now avaiable on a double. Thus Chaos warriors who only have G/S access can now take Jump up on a double since it is a A skill...No more traits!! which is what stand firm was. Traits were the skills that you had to have access to but also had to roll doubles to get. Thus if you needed a double to get a skill but it was a trait you needed to roll double double, which denied you access.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
asharak wrote:

In LRB4 PO was restricted to rerolling armor. Rerolling injury rolls is huge.

Also with the nerf on DP, being prone isn't as fatal as it used to be.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

And then of course once we start play FFB full time it is very possible that coaches will start to shy away from the MB/Pileon in the new client. It will go somthing like this.

"Man I thought that would be a great combo but the coaches on Fumbbl are foul happy. Every time I lay my guy down he sends the kitchen sink at him and sends in the boot. I have lost 7 of my killer combo players this way. SO I dont think I will take that skill set anymore. Now with out the Eye coaches dont hesitate to throw 8 fouls a game. I thought fouling was going to be less deadly in FFB but now with out the eye Iam not so sure." Thus we come back full circle and the debate begins again.

MMMMM...this thread might have run its course and now degenerates into a fouling thread...which is the best way for any thread to fade away, as a fouling thread...It is a status thing..it means it was a good topic that finally ran its course and died a natural death.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

And Yes rerolling the Injury roll is what puts Pile On over the top in FFB.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. You dont HAVE to use pion infront of your opponents DPs. It really shouldn't be that hard to protect a prone player. And if the opponent goes all out to get to foul him anyway, be glad, and go secure the ball instead.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

MMMMM...this thread might have run its course and now degenerates into a fouling thread...which is the best way for any thread to fade away, as a fouling thread...It is a status thing..it means it was a good topic that finally ran its course and died a natural death.

I think people who foul are cheats and are compensating for their own insecurities...
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and thanks for the quick response - being able to rr injury makes it a lot more handy.
 Jump to: