44 coaches online • Server time: 16:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
I've been advised that this would be the correct place to discuss a homemade roster. The team has been around for many years in various incarnations in my league, but recent Cyanide developments may very well force the team into retirement, so I thought I'd grab this last opportunity to discuss them. The league I used to commish has had many house rule teams over the years, but this is one of my absolute favourites - powerwize I figure they're low tier 1, possibly high tier 2 - like vamps.

Before I describe the team in more detail, I'd like to ask a tricky pricing question:
Which pricetag would you give each of these positions, and which one do you consider least useful?
The positions are:

0-4 Lineman 5417 G(M) Thick Skull, Foul App
0-4 Blocker 6417 GS(M) Horns
0-4 Blitzer 6347 GA(M) Claw, No Hands
0-4 Thrower 7237 GPM Extra Arms, Regen

Cheers
Martin
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I would probably rename Thrower to Runner, as there's no apparent catchers except themself. And it seems like the team can only contain max 12 players. (I obviously can't count, it's 16 ofc, so nvm)

Last edited by Shraaaag on %b %26, %2012 - %15:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like a chaos daemon roster to me Wink

lino - nurlge - Plague Bearers
blocker - khorn - Bloodletters
blitzer - - slaanesh - Daemonettes
Thrower - Tzeentch - pinkhorror.

It is a rubbish team. As in tier 3. Pink Horrors are really poor ball carriers, but you have to have them. The blitzers are impossible to skill up because the blockers are really your blitzers and the blitzers cant score. The linemen are really your blockers but they are far too easily hurt, they need av8, av7 doesnt make sense from a fluff perspective. Just making those linos av8 would bump the team up to tier 2.

The Blockers are awesome but vulnerable. You need to give the blitzers a way of getting spp. Drop their ag to 3 and give them hands.

make those two changes and the team will be mid to upper tier 2 low TV and possibly top of tier 2 at a high TV.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

8 st 4 is almost too good even with av7.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

believe me its not jimmy. I played with this team and they are worse than nurlge and chaos as a starter race. They are really really poor. I thought they would play better too. But they suck big time.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely lineman would be 0-12 to qualify as journeymen?

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
Surely lineman would be 0-12 to qualify as journeymen?

they dont, the way the team works is -

which ever daemon you have the least of in your team becomes your journeyman, if any number are tied you pick which one you want as your journeyman.

Last edited by Garion on %b %26, %2012 - %13:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, presuming there aren't 5k players in your world, it's a bit tricky. I'd go with.

0-4 Lineman 5417 G(M) Thick Skull, Foul App 70k
0-4 Blocker 6417 GS(M) Horns 80k
0-4 Blitzer 6347 GA(M) Claw, No Hands 90k
0-4 Thrower 7237 GPM Extra Arms, Regen 60k

I'm not sure you can price anything differently. The throwers are of course the least useful.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe give the horrors stunty? And the plaguebearers av8? Also the RR could be 50k.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

if you CAS a horror, do you get 2 smaller ones?

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

nope sadly not Smile that would be nice
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd actually call the "Plaguebearers" the least useful.

Someone who is designed to get hit a lot with AV 7 and no defensive skills? That doesn't sound like a great trade-off to me.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
0-4 Lineman 5417 G(M) Thick Skull, Foul App 70k
0-4 Blocker 6417 GS(M) Horns 80k
0-4 Blitzer 6347 GA(M) Claw, No Hands 90k
0-4 Thrower 7237 GPM Extra Arms, Regen 60k

I think the blitzer should be cheaper than 90k. Maybe 70k.
Pro Elves have the same stats for 60k, no claw but can carry the ball!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

yar the blitzers are terrible, they are useful in theory bowl for ball sacking but i didn't manage to get them a single SPP in the season i player with them, you are completely reliant on mvp to get them skills, because you are blitzing with your bloodletters every turn for the 3db.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Garion,
heh - yep - it's the daemons you know and love Very Happy
Thanks for not giving everything away Smile

Coincidentally - 'your' daemons just beat the top team of the division, the CDs (2-0). Admittedly, the CD had poor look breaking AV, but even so, they did start to show some promise.

A few comments:
Plaguebearers - @Hitonagashi: They do have a defensive skill, Foul Appearance Cool

Horrors - @Zakatan: I dislike inventing new skills. Regen was sort of a proxy way to let them come back from death. It's not perfect, I know.
@Shraaag - yup, Runner is a better fit. But admittedly I just slapped on those titles for this post. On the roster they go by Pink Horror. (Oh, and Shraaaag, they can have 16 players. 4 x 4)
@JimmyFantastic - looking at the miniatures and fluff I don't think that Horrors are (currently) particularly small, i.e. stunties.

Daemonettes:
@Garion: I get the thing with the hands. It's just that in the current GW incarnation they really have 2 claws and no hands. Also, as Jimmys reaction implies, I think too many people would consider 8 ST4 players and 3 ST3 ball carriers broken. Besides, daemonette ball carries would make the horrors obsolete.

One thought about pricing the daemonettes. How much is AG4 worth on a player that can only use the AG for dodging, not for handling the ball. I find that hard to figure out.

Thanks for the comments so far Very Happy
 Jump to: