38 coaches online • Server time: 09:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like this doctor?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 23 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 29 ]
Pie
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 64

Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizfall gets it Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

what's an apotechary?

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It's like an apothecary but better so less of your precious mens die.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

All the good apos work as personal apos for the star players now. That's why we get all the butchers for our teams Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 19:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
exactly, the only problem attrition wise in this edition imo, is too much comes from one source CPOMB or PO against Av7 teams, where I would rather see it more evenly spread, using buffed fouling and surfing instead. So that teams don't gain silly player advantages so quickly in a drive within 1 or 2 turns, whilst still maintaining the player turnover required to keep team's TV down. Personally I'd also rather see a little more low TV bash (again, buffed fouling) so that creating perfect killers or perfect elf ballers becomes a little harder. at the moment the jump in attrition between low and high TV is to severe a more steady stream of attrition would again be beneficial imo.

Fabulous post. I have concerns about a rebalancing towards fouling (a lot of cpomb teams have cheap foulers available) but this is still a fabulous summation of the attrition situation and problem in CRaP.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you. I understand your concerns however I think a good enough nerf to the killstack (meaning not too much, basically getting it so it's power is proportional to the risks of using it, to me this is reducing it from approximately 58% for ko+ to arround 38% ) along with cumulative levelling costs for tv and with some skill restrictions here and there (Like making marauders GM, and beastmen/pestigors GS) would do the trick. On top of this some player recosting is needed; cheaper big guys across the board , FA and DP one skill and knocking 10k off nurgle warriors price and so on and so forth.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like if the apo just postponed the casualty roll for injuries.
So, if the injury roll is 10+ you get the option to use the apo and put the player into the reserves.
-Apo stuffs player full of drugs/healing magic and sends him back into the game.
Then, during the postgame, roll the injury when the treatment wears off.
-Magic wears off, player falls over dead (probably after getting the mvp).
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2014 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually really like this.
For teams that suffer very few injuries, there is very little difference from the current rule.
But for teams that suffer many (and hence lots of attrition ) at least the apothecary is less likely to fail completely.
And it is not better at saving your favourite super star: If apo rolls kill, then just like now, he couldn't help your star - but he is likely to help someone else, so you are less likely to take 2 deaths in the same game.

Makes sense to me.
What am I missing?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2014 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This - Because if it failed the first time you wouldn't normally get a chance to use him again. So it will dramatically reduce attrition. On top of this no one would ever use this apo on BH or KO which is pretty much all I use mine for currently (unless the game is already won , or I'm extremely confident of winning then I save it for real Cas). This would also lower attritiona lot because people would just save this apo for real injuries.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2014 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the old apo. Roll a die, on a 2+ he survives. Simple.

In our group we allowed the use of an Apo in successive injuries: After it was used the first time it went to a 4+ roll. Also, we house-ruled that all injured players saved by the Apo went into the KO box not the reserves.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2014 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the tactical element of the current apothecary. The only thing I don't like when the apothecary offers a more serious injury, or a totally different one. But this may not be a rule issue but a presentation issue, and to be honest I can live with that.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Garion,
I don't think it would "dramatically reduce attrition". I think it would reduce it in the right way.
After all the major problem with attrition is when a team goes into a downward spiral. And that's what happen to squishy teams, when they start to lose more than one player per game.
Say: My developed star dies because my apo fails. Is it really so bad that further damage to the team might be mitigated a bit.

Remember - there are still players you wouldn't use the apo on.
There are still games where you take 1 permanent injury.
And there are still games where you wouldn't use the apo on a minor injury early on, because you fear what might happen later.
Apo still only gets one use.

I think this is just what the squishy teams need.
Cheers
Martin
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As other people have stated, I don't like the WAY the Apo works (going from a Broken Arm to a Leg). I think an easy fix would be to allow rerolls of the Apo roll. Put some risk into it.....

More so than the Apo, I have a problem with Regen. Regen is really a bitch to play against. I don't see why some teams should get to Regen every player and other teams get to try an Apo that is most likely going to fail, Once.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

They pay 20k for regen on every player. Though the apo is now out of balance with regen no doubt.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

30k actually !